Skip to main content

THE Coherent AEW Take: AEW kinda DISSAPOINTING!?

Sorry for not covering AEW for *looks at the archives* Since what it feels like the year 1456 AD. 

Enough of the lame jokes and excuses, how did AEW do this week? Other than Wheeler Yuta stealing the show on the latest episode of Rampage, THE elite brand simply didn't deliver elite content. It was just kinda okay. 

Rampage. 

Highlights. 

YUTAAAAAAAAAA! 

We're not even in the middle of the month and already, we got a match of the year candidate. Wheeler walked out of this match as a legit main eventer that could possibly compete for the world title which I wouldn't mind. 

It was so good, Moxley's mentor, William Regal shook Wheeler's hand out of respect (uh, I'd wash my hands faster than Wally West if I was Regal). 

Sammy Guevara Nas Level ETHERED Dan Lambert's Misogyny And Wants That TNT Championship Too. 

Based Sammy Guevara. 

Oh, and Ethan Page can cut it both in promos and in m…..…………… (bro, it's Ramadan). 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Bryan Danielson defeated Trent Baretta - Danielson has more submissions than WWE has with creativity. 

Red Velvet won against Willow Nightingale In The Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Round one - First impressions of seeing Willow Nightingale perform? A thumb up. 

The guy that lost to some giant named Paul last year, lost here to Shane Strickland - And ya boy Ricky was like, "let's face each other in a tag match, Shane OHHHHH!" 

Dynamite. 

Highlights. 

Ricky Starks And Will Hobbs vs Keith Lee And Shane Strickland. 

Speaking of which. This match had so much black excellence, Dr Umar Johnson would be proud. Let's just call it what it is, a fun good old fashioned tag team match, Playas! 

Taz's crew aka the POC Posse took home the W thanks to Taz himself getting involved. 

Some Other Things That Happened.

CM Punk won against Penta El Zero M - A decent opener is all I'll say

Jurassic Express retained the tag team gold against Bobby Fish and Kyle (or Kylie if you're autocorrect) O'Reilly - O'Reilly was like, "that was a fluke" by hitting the tag belt on Jungle Boy's back. My man legit gave Jungle Boy a back shot bruh. 

MJF lost to Captain Shawn Dean via a count-out - That was all thanks to one word *Jack Garland's voice in Stranger's Paradise Final Fantasy Origin* chaos. Specifically, the chaos ensued by Wardlow absolutely wrecking everybody including a bunch of security guards. 

Pro wrestling security guards are as effective as the f**king foot clan. 

Chris Jericho, Daniel Garcia and Jake Hager defeated the Puerto Rican boys in Eddie Kingston, Santana and Ortiz - Oh my God, another post-match beatdown following a multi-person match? I'm surprised. 

Marina Shafir picked up the victory over Skye Blue - Damn, their women's division sure did cooled off its steam they've built last year, huh? 

Joe won the ROH Championship and was attacked by Satnam Singh - What on Allah was that ending? I didn't know what confused me, this ending or my entire time watching Everything Everywhere All At Once. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...