Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 20/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

 That CM Punk return was so noteworthy, it blew this entire episode out of the water. That’s it. That’s the opening statement. 

Images via WWE.com 

Edge Wasn't Playing When He Said That He'll Put Seth Into Darkness. 


The show started off with the Rated R superstar saying that Rollins has made the guy find his heart when the blood runs black. 

In other words, he'll beat the shit out of Rollins at slamming of summer. 

Speaking of "the blood runs black", after Seth Rollins gave a speech on how he can't be on Sethy's level, the man that says "drip" more times than a white dude that streams on Twitch, was covered in black liquid following Gangrel's theme song playing in the background. 

Edge ain't f**king around. I appreciated the uniqueness of the segment and how it was a tribute to WWE's continuity (which if you've been watching WWE for a longer period of time then you'll know that WWE acknowledging their storytelling cohesion is rare). 

Rey Mysterio vs Jey Uso. 


I don't know specifically how many times those two guys have wrestled but I know it's a LOT. 

Dominik Mysterio tried to help his father win the match but it failed. As a result of the miscommunications, Jey Uso picked up the victory with a splash. 

Baron Corbin vs Kevin Owens. 


The "too many rematches that nobody cares about" criticism plays itself. 

The match ended in a DQ due to a series of punches from Big E who's mad that Corbin stole his Money In The Bank briefcase. But, the big man somehow escaped with the contract. 

I smell a match at the pre-show. 

Shotzi And Nox vs Natalya And Tamina. Championship Contender's Match. 

I hate to repeat myself but the narrative of too many rematches once again, writes itself. 

Shotzi and Nox won the match with a roll-up from Shotzi. 

Montez Ford vs Otis. 

The outfit from Ford is something else. The match was fine. Otis' splash from the middle rope is how he defeated Montez Ford. 

It's nice to see a big man actually successfully execute a top/middle rope move because that's been a cliche for God knows how long. 

King Shinsuke Nakamura And Rick Boogs vs Apollo Crews And Commander Azzez. 

The babyfaces win here. 

NEXT! 

Bianca Belair defeated Zelina Vega and Carmella with ease before her encounter with Sasha Banks in Las Vegas. Meh. 

And the final segment of the episode was John Cena telling Roman Reigns that he'll find ways to demote his a** one, two, three. 

Oh, and Reigns announced that if he loses then he leaves WWE which screams "I'm definitely going to win this match". Besides that announcement, Nothing too noteworthy happened. 

Here's hoping that SummerSlam is actually, you know, enjoyable. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Edge Gangrel tribute. 

Didn't like: Too many darn rematches that I don’t care for. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 31/5/21 | A Coherent Review.

I was recently reading my RAW reviews from 2019 and the thing that is common in all of those reviews was that while I had some issues with those episodes, the shows were decent as a whole.  2021, however, is, of course, a different story. Ever since the fall of last year, I've been consistently getting terrible episode after terrible episode that is giving SNL a run for its money.  At this point, criticizing Monday Night RAW is a God damn routine.  Images via WWE.com   The Miz TV. Special Guest, Charlotte Flair.  As told by the headline above, the show opened with Miz TV. A segment that literally nobody looks forward to.   You had John Morrison legit wearing a necklace that is covered in garlic for protecting himself from any supernatural thing appearing which was PEAK CRINGE.  Charlotte Flair stated that she'll send Rhea Ripley to hell in 3 weeks (by the way, this is still a weird decision to move the Hell In A Cell show in the summer but whateve...