Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Why Did Kushida Leave WWE?

 Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Gangrel On Joining Edge's Faction. 

Gangrel may not stop till he sees blood but something that he also wouldn't stop is wanting to be part of a group that stars Edge as a Far Cry 5 level cult leader minus the religiosity of it all. 

Here's what he had to say about that in an interview with WrestlingInc: 

"There’s no reunions, no talks, with Christian or Edge, Although it would be really cool to be with Damian Priest and Edge, that’s cool. I love how he’s got like a mixed Brood/Taker vibe with the raise of the chair and the fire. That was really cool. I am really happy for him, he’s a really good dude."

Tony Khan Investigates In The BOTS!? 

Tony Khan loves his top of the hour advertisements after a series of tweets that has nothing to do with said ads. 

Now that's some rich boy sh*t. What's also some rich boy sh*t is hiring "IT experts" to look into the "anti-AEW" that he claims were "bots" citing an "independent study". Here's what he said during a discussion with TV Insider: 

"I have hired IT experts that put together a much more sophisticated explanation than I’m capable of giving. It’s a real thing, or I wouldn’t have brought it up. I have a pretty good reputation in this business for honesty." 

(mofo pulled a crystal mommy on Facebook with that "independent study" line) 

Why Did Kushida Leave WWE!?

*slapping my head* I'll tell you why! Voices Of Wrestling (that f**king POS. Thanks to WrestlingInc for the quotes) has heard from their snitch that he felt some "displeasure with the way he had been used” since the transition from black and gold NXT to #ad for Skittles NXT among other things like his pitch to go back to NJPW. 

Talk about a person so massively underutilized since his initial few months with NXT. Kushida deserved so much better than what he was presented with. 

Warner Media In Discussions Regarding ROH!? 

Oh look, our crystal mommy Tony Khan is back. 

From his interview with Robbie Fox's My Mom's Basement podcast, the man in charge of all things Elite has talked about ROH as well as pursuing a TV deal for the flips and kicks brand and talks with the now Warner Discovery regarding what comes next for Ring Of Honor (from WrestlingInc):

"I am really excited to get Ring Of Honor weekly television distribution, and working on those details. I’ve had a lot of really exciting conversations with the people at WarnerMedia about the future of Ring Of Honor, which I think everybody is really excited about.”

It would be funny if ROH was dumped into the CW network. 

New Trademark For A NXT SUPERSTAR!? 

Another week, another trademark for WWE specifically for NXT 2.0. The company filed the trademark "Damaris Griffin” and "D-Griff" last Tuesday according to the USPTO or the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Here's what the trademark describes: 

"Mark For: D-GRIFF trademark registration is intended to cover the categories of entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment.”

It is specifically for James Barron Jr as he just made his first television appearance on NXT Level Up yesterday. 

To quote that episode of Futurama, "I have no strong feelings one way to another." 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...