Skip to main content

AEW Dynamite 9/3/22 | A Late Coherent Review.

Since this past week's Rampage episode is a go-home show for Revolution (aka an anarchist's favourite word besides the concept of not showering), imma just review Dynamite solely. And how was Dynoomitte!? 

To the shock of no one besides that antismark, it was a pretty darn good show. 

Inner Circle 2.0

This opening segment went from Chris Jericho and Eddie Kingston respecting each other to turning on Kingston as well as Santana and Ortiz to form an Inner Circle 2.0 with Daniel Garcia, the former Ever-Rise and Jack no Swag. 

But what made this segment so special to me wasn't Chris' millionth heel turn but rather Eddie Kingston's promo. The way he tied his dialogue with his article was SO F**KING GOOD! 

That man will always be a gem. 

Hangman Page defeated Dante Martin For AEW Title To Which………….. 

Out came Adam Cole and he basically did the "loss wasn't fair" cliche and challenged him to a 6 man tag team match, playas for next week's episode. 

Later in the show, Cole chose his Undisputed Era brothers while Page picked the current tag team champions, The Jurassic Express. 

And this is the part where I'm going to put the "should be interesting" line here. 

"I Say, Little Bryan And Jon, In An Active Goodwill. Would You Please Come Outside So I Can Play With Your Balls?" 

After the team of Jonny Mox and D Bry defeated the team of Anthony Henry and JD Drake, William Regal's dialogue was a good one but it just dragged on as long as the third act of The Batman. 

I still enjoyed how William Regal made an impact on both Mox and Danielson's wrestling tenure. 

Pac vs Wheeler Yuta. 

A decent match for what it was. Pac prevailed with the rings of Saturn. 

The Swanton Boyz Are Back! 

Matt Hardy wanted to settle the score with Andrade but things went south as El Idolo as well as The Butcher, Blade and Private Party turned on Matt. 

And you know how the story goes from here. People came out to save someone only to be blinded which led to someone else coming to the rescue. 

What makes this different is that a certain individual made their first appearance. 

And it was black Twitter's favourite wrestler, Jeff Hardy. 

Jeff didn't just clean the apartment, he cleaned the ENTIRE BUILDING! I was legitimately surprised when the Hardy Boyz's theme song was played but reading the reports, it does make a lot of sense. 

It's still surreal to hear that piece of music though. 

Wardlow said, "F that MJF kid!" 

That headline pretty much described his entire in-ring promo other than the fact that he pulled a Bobby Brown and said: "On Our Own" (I know it's "our" and not "my own" but you get what I'm saying).

Wardlow kept it "simple, stupid" with his promo and I appreciate it since the show kinda dragged on in the first-hour mark. 

Jurassic Express vs The Acclaimed For The AEW World Tag Team Championship. 

Another decent match and you know what's also decent!? Max Caster's freestyle. I actually didn't hate it this time (I think you need Allah, therapy and Indian food, Omar because that last line was concerning). 

The Jungle guys retained the championship with a doomsday device. 

Lelya Hirsh vs Thunder Rosa. Winner Faces Britt Baker For The AEW World Women's Championship. 

Hirsh brought Rosa to her limit but somehow Thunder prevailed with the fire thunder driver and the title match!? It'll take place in a salad steel cage! 

I was pulling for Hirsh to win the match just because it was something new and different but I don't hate this just because it isn't a standard rematch again in the sense that it's a different stipulation this time. 

Scorpion Sky Wins The TNT Championship. Finally! 

Well, that took a year or so! How did Sammy lose the title!? It was the RIBS, THE RIBS, THE RIBS! 

Well, his ribs and not that nasty looking sandwich from McDonald's although that is something WWE would do. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Reminder that both Eddie Kingston and William Regal are so good at the talking thing, Finally, Scorpio Sky is the TNT champion, HARDY BOYZZZZZ! 

Didn't like: The pacing of the show was off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE Smackdown 9/7/21 | A Coherent Review.

I'm happy to note that Smackdown was a good show and way better than the previous weeks.  Images via WWE.com Roman Reigns Took Issue With Jimmy Uso' Comment.  That comment from Jimmy Uso was regarding Roman Reigns' absence in the previous episode and how Reigns took a vacation while Jimmy took a beating from Edge last week.  The tribal chief replied with the "vacation" line saying that he doesn't take vacations because Roman can do what Jimmy Uso couldn't do and that's being the top player of WWE.  Jey Uso showed up and his words about focusing on their journey back to the tag team championship, had the family back together.  I saw a comment after watching the video clips (for clarity purposes since I tend to miss some aspects of the episode) where in the initial episodes inside the "award-winning" Thunderdome, Roman and Jey were feuding and now, at the end of the Thunderdome, Roman Reigns, Jey and Jimmy Uso are all reunited as *Dominic Toret...

WWE Royal Rumble 2021 | A Coherent Review.

I know it's something you've heard a gazillion times but it's true.  We are on the road to Wrestlemania which is f'ing crazy to think about.  While this year's Royal Rumble PPV had its moments, the show as a whole was just fine.  By the way, the show was almost 4 hours but it felt like 2.  As usual, I can't talk about the women's tag team title match at the pre-show simply because I've not seen it.  Images via WWE.com Drew McIntyre vs Goldberg For The WWE Championship.  When Goldberg hits the jackhammer, I almost had a heart attack but thank God the Scotsmen kicked out.   Oh, and Drew McIntyre won the match in a meh opening match that was shorter than the Immortals Fenix Rising demo (the most specific reference I've ever made).  They showed some respect after the match.  At least Drew McIntyre won, right?  Sasha Banks vs Carmella For The SmackDown Women's Championship.  Carmella almost killed herself with that sick looking suic...