Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 7/1/22 | A Coherent Review.

Are you ready for a GOOOOOOOOD time!" Well, not really since I found out about my workin…….. I mean productivity schedule. 

Enough about my sad adult life, how was Smackdown this week? It was surprisingly enjoyable considering how mediocre Smackdown has been as of late. 

Images via WWE.com

Brick Laser Beam Approach The Tribal Chief For A Title VS Title Match. 


And the universal champion was like, "We'll do this my time" aka it's happening. 

The Brook man questioned the way Heyman praised the blue champ which led to a superman punch from Roman to the WWE champion. 

I don't hate this idea. Bring it on, I guess? 

Rick Boogs vs Sami Zayn. 

You know Zayn has been underutilized when he got a jobber entrance. Rick wins the match. Oh, and Johnny Knoxville threw Sami over the top rope. Again, WHO!? 

Charlotte Flair Show Us The Participants For This Year's Women's Royal Rumble Match. 


I can't believe WWE did this. Summer Rae is coming back and all I can say is, HIDE NATALYA! 

All lame jokes aside, It is awesome to see Mickie James joining this year's Royal Rumble match especially since they announced her (at least on Twitter) as the Impact knockouts champion especially since WWE rarely acknowledges the wider wrestling landscape. 

An interaction with Naomi followed with a pretty good match even though Sonya pulled a Susan once again by screwing over a black woman. 

The Viking Raiders vs Happy Corbin And Madcap Moss. 

There was a Happy Corbin and Midcap Moss segment that I definitely cared about as much as WWE cares about their workers. 

The Viking Raiders lost to the team of Happy Corbin and Nocap Moss. 

The Usos vs The New Day For The Smackdown Tag Team Championship In A Street Fight. 


A great match but I do believe this should be the end of these two guys competing with each other at least for a while. 

The Usos retained the blue tag belts with the 3D to Kofi Kingston through a table. 


A match that feels like it was teased for almost a year now is finally official because Roman Reigns is facing his former Shield comrade, Seth Rollins for the blue belt at the Royal Rumble and the way Seth Rollins showed up to Roman's room was f'ing hilarious. 

Can't wait to see how these two guys interact over the next few weeks or so. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like:  Usos vs New Day, Charlotte Flair vs Naomi, the announcement of Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins match at the Royal Rumble. 

Didn't like: Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss segment, #SamiZayndeservesbetter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...