Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 28/1/22 | A Coherent Review.

Smackdown before the 2022 Royal Rumble was pretty f*king skippable. Nothing too major happened which is, unfortunately, to be expected these days. 

Images via WWE.com 

Legit Royal Rumble Winner!? 


At least that's what the entire opening scene implied based on Sasha Banks standing tall in the end after the likes of Aliyah, Natalya, "holy sh*t, Aliyah is getting more of a push than I do" Shayna Baszler and "I'm still here" Shotzi. 

I guess the ending was one big stan fan cam so that's cool, I guess. 

Ricochet And Cesaro vs Sheamus And Ridge Holland. 

Yay! A rematch from the Day One show. The big bruf pinned the Swiss superman to win the tag team bout. Coolirnos. 

Naomi vs Sonya Deville. 

Oh, my pog of all pogs. This was a fun encounter. I guess the groundhog day of wrestling segments benefited in the end? Not really. 

After the glow queen defeated a certified Susan, Sonya Deville, the current WWE official decided to include herself in the women's Royal Rumble match.  

#stayawayfromblackpeople'sbusiness. 

In-Zayn Podcast May Be A Bad Segment But It's Better Than The Joe Rogan Experience. 

That headline above has a point. The scene led to a tag match between Jinder Mahal, Shanky, Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs which the latter won the bout thanks to Boogs' strength. 

Well, I need the strength to go through a meaningless episode without yawning. 

The New Day In Big E And Kofi Kingston vs Madcap Moss And Happy Corbin. 

The babyfaces prevailed with the midnight hour. AL Cool Bin Tamam. 

Roman Reigns Wanted To STACK AND SMASH Seth Rollins Before Their Match Tomorrow. 


Uh, it's a title based feud, what do you think!? 

Rollins did steal it in his promo before the dude dodged a superman punch from the tribal chief which was Ricochet levels of cool. 

 So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Seth Rollins' promo, Naomi vs Sonya Deville. 

Didn't like: meaningless a** matches, In-Zayn podcast. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 13/7/20 | A Coherent Review.

I didn't like this show. Thankfully, this episode didn't pull a Smackdown but because of how well last week's show went, I felt really underwhelmed watching that.   MVP Lounge. Special Guest, Dolph Ziggler.  Montel Von Porter welcomed his guest that shares a common hatred for Drew McIntyre and that guest is, of course, Dolph Ziggler.  Ziggler compliments the new United States championship design to which MVP let him know that he'll talk to his people and get a new WWE championship design once the show-off, wins the championship (and honestly, Ziggler's got a point, the WWE Title needs a new design).  Dolph further tells MVP that he's the reason why Drew defeated Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania for the WWE title.  Out came the Scotsmen himself and he basically said that he'll beat the crap out of him and Dolph got a bit of that with a punch. An enjoyable segment.  The thing I kind of appreciate about this feud is that Dolph...

WWE NXT Takeover: Toronto | My Coherent Review.

Another month or so, another great NXT Takeover event courtesy of the NXT creative team filled with top-notch in-ring action and storytelling. I know it feels tiresome when you heard people praise highly talk about the Takeover shows but trust me they are that good.  The Street Profits vs The Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Team Championship. During the match, Montez Ford delivered the people's elbow after hitting a spinebuster on Bobby Fish. The match ended with a frog splash from Montez Ford and The Street Profits continues to celebrate as tag team champions.  I'm very conflicted with this decision mainly because I don't want to see more okay matches between The Forgotten Sons and Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan but I'm going to be optimistic hoping that it's not the case.  Io Shirai vs Candice Lerae.  Io's theme song is simple yet badass at the same time (no shit, Omar). The match started off with Candice rushing to the ring and brawled on the outs...

WWE RAW 17/9/18 | My Coherent Review.

RAW was a mediocre show that had some redeeming qualities but for the most part again, it was a mediocre show. Why you ask? Well, I'm gonna tell you what's good, what's ok and what's bad. Here we go.  WHAT'S GOOD Dean Ambrose vs Drew McIntyre   Good match. It was surprisingly hard hitting in my opinion but there was a dumb babyface moment where dean jumped from a ring post and Drew reversed it and instead Dean hit himself on the barricade. After that, Drew hit the claymore kick and wins the match.  The opening segment  Overall, the segment was pretty good but the most interesting thing I've noticed in this segment was Roman Reigns' promo before Strowman showed up. In my opinion, he has come a LONG way in terms of mic skills. Don't get me wrong he's not "the best talker in WWE right now" but he has improved a lot. But that didn't stop me from thinking that the main event of that show was boring as hell. Lio rush....