Skip to main content

THE Coherent AEW Take: God, all the lead, I'm Jon Moxley!

Apologies for avoiding talking about AEW's flagship shows this week.

Luckily, my avoidance of sorts wasn't as bad as when my man Hangman Page took the blackout from Lance Archer on top of the chair. 

That's a Will Smith type of pain that I just cannot handle because back pains are the worst. 

I did enjoy what the elite brand had to offer this past week so let's get to it. 

Rampage. 

Highlights. 

Adam Cole vs Trent Beretta. 

I bet Cole looked at Trent's military buzz cut and said, "thank God it ain't me." 

What I would bet on is this match because it's the best encounter of the entire episode. 

The person calling himself "TheChugs" on Twitch, won the match with the last shot. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Shawn Spears sends a message to CM Punk - Wait, Spears' alive!? 

Leyla Hirsch, Kris Statlander and Red Velvet lost to Nyla Rose, The Bunny And Penelope Ford - It doesn't include a monarch character with a bad oie bruf accent so that's nice. 

Ricky Starks vs Jay Lethal soon? - To tell you whether I'm on board with this match is a quote from Rick Ross which is, "No sir. Not me!" 

The Jurassic Express retained the world tag belts against Dark Order's John Silver And Alex Reynolds - A reminder that John Silver's impression of Mark Henry's "It's time for the main event" is funnier than any of Dave Chappelle's recent comedy specials. 

Dynamite. 

Highlights. 

JON MOXLEY IS BACK! 

The former AEW champ is back and my man Jonny Mox is looking prettay, prettay, pretty good. 

Moxley cut a very passionate promo about his struggles and how he's going to beat the sh*t of those darn demons like Buffy Summers. 

I do believe that this scene (as well as the Cody one later in the episode) is a great example of improvisational dialogue because the promo was spoken from the heart which made the segment even more authentic. 

Speaking of the Cody promo.……….

Cody Rhodes Said, "Sammy Guevara. WHO!?" 

In this segment, Cody Rhodes basically compared himself between his recent run-in pro wrestling and CM Punk's journey.

To all of the people out there that were mad Rhodes didn't mention Sammy Guevara, I gotta ask y'all, you do realize he's, to quote Billie Elish, a bad guy right? 

Here's something that at times, I don't wanna admit. Babyface Cody Rhodes wasn't terrible overall (besides the promo that shall be named as "black/white"). 

It's just that the writing for the character was so weak that it felt like it was time for a change. 

And Cody has definitely embraced the hate, if you know what I mean. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Adam Cole and Britt Baker beat Orange Cassidy And Kris Statlander - Where's my mind during this match? Somewhere not on the screen because I napped throughout most of the encounter. 

CM Punk defeated Shawn Spears - See you in several or so months, Shawn! 

Malaki Black and Brody King defeated The Varsity Blonds - My WWE shill a** regret not discovering Brody King a LOT sooner because the dude is legit that damn good. 

Oh, and Pac was blindfolded while holding a card (that sounded so weird out of context).  

"Everybody dieeeess after hearing Dan Lamberrrrt" - Yes. It's a reference to Lance Archer' theme song and guess what? I'll pat myself on the back because that statement was witty and clever. 

Lance Archer defeated Frankie Kazarian with the blackout that led to a bit of a brawl between Archer and "cowboy sh*te" Hangman Page. 

Serena Deeb said, "I'm all for the violence" - Gotta say, I'm liking whatever they're doing with her. Deeb picked up the dub over Skye Blue. 

The Acclaimed lost to Darby Allin and Sting - Yo. Yo…….. Nah, I suck at this, like Max Caster. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...