Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 3/12/21 | A Coherent Review.

 Another meh episode of Smackdown and this is probably the part where I slap my head and say, “HERE’S WHY!”. 

Images via WWE.com 

My Man Brook Shagner Told Sami Zayn, "Why Can't You Face Roman Reigns Tonight Instead Of Day One?" 


The witty headline above pretty much described the entire opening although it wasn't as in-depth as a Wrestling Inc article or something.

Sami Zayn followed through Brick's advice but the former universal champion laid waste on Sami with a good old F5. 

That gave the tribal chief the opportunity to nail the spear and the guillotine to quickly retain the blue belt. 

Seeing all of this unfold, makes me miss the babyface Sami Zayn I know and love. From that character point of view, it's so depressing to see him in that position. 

You could say the same thing about Will Smith right now with Jada. 

All bad humour aside, it'll be interesting to see where Paul Heyman's loyalty lie on. 

Sasha Banks vs Shayna Baszler. 

A Wrestlemania worthy main event calibre match if Shayna Baszler hasn't had a rocky main roster run.

Nevertheless, it was a good match. A very good match as a matter of opinion. Banks wins with the most protective move in pro wrestling, a schoolboy roll-up. 

The Viking Raiders vs Los Lotharios.


The match ended via an inside cradle from Angel to Erik after Rick Boogs tried to distract Angel.  

Wait. Somebody actually overcame the distraction finish!? That has to be a cap, right? 

Oh, and Viking Raiders danced along with Shinsuke and Rick Boogs even though they were the reason why they lost the match. I guess the powers of Valhalla included the power of positivity. 


Jeff Hardy and Drew McIntyre ruined Happy Talk which sounds either really good or really bad out of context. 

I, for one, think that scene was really dull. 


More comic book strips with Xia Li continues and like all of those vignettes, it's well-produced but I just can't see her being utilized greatly for more than a month or so. 

King Woods vs Jey Uso. 

A good match is all I'll say about this. The bout ended with a DQ because Jimmy Uso made Woods slip onto the ring apron but fortunately for the king, his loyal knight came to aid the monarch himself.

I mean, I can't complain about a New Day and Usos match again so I do not have any pessimism about this feud.  

Sheamus vs Cesaro. 


Former members of The Bar battled it out in a solid exhibition. 

Sheamus defeated "it's my time to shine for the millionth time" Cesaro with the brogue kick. 


And the final segment of the episode is Charlotte getting a pie thrown out by Toni Storm. I hate the fact that a feud between two talented performers revolves around pie-throwing. 

So, to recap all of you slow mofos. 

Like: the in-ring work from the likes of Sasha Banks and Shayna Baszler, Sheamus and Cesaro, Woods and Jey Uso. 

Didn’t like: The sad state of Sami Zayn’s character, Whatever the hell is a Happy Talk. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Survivor Series 2018 | My Coherent Review.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans reading this and welcome to my coherent review for Survivor Series 2018. Overall, it was a very entertaining show throughout with some minor issues and here's why.  (KICK OFF SHOW) Tag team Survivor Series match  This match was a great example of a skippable match until the last moments.  Xavier Woods did the springboard elbow drop and both members of The Revival countered that into a shatter machine which look amazing.  Minutes later, Scott Dawson hit a superplex to Jimmy Uso and an immediate frog splash from Dash Wilder to a near fall.  After that, Both Usos hit a superkick to Dash followed by a Uso splash and just like that, the Smackdown team took the W which WWE wants to forget about that (so stupid). A decent match but with a boring start in my opinion.  (MAIN SHOW) Women’s Survivor Series match  Before the match started when Nia Jax’s music hit, she got volcanic heat from the Los Ang...

WWE Wrestlemania: Backlash 2021 | A Coherent Review.

Wrestlemania: Backlash or as I like to call it, Backlashimania, gets an enthusiastic thumbs up for me. I enjoyed the hell out of this PPV overall.  Images via WWE.com The opening intro was narrated by the greatest of all time, Batista and it was straight badass despite the fact it was pretty much a promotion for Zack Snyder's new film, Army Of The Dead.  If you've read my about page, then you'll know that I ain't talking about Zack Snyder movies because his fans are…… never mind.  Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair vs Asuka For The RAW Women's Championship.  Charlotte with the Cruella De Vil inspired ring gear was to quote Dolph Ziggler's old theme song, "perfection". The opening bout was fast-paced, high octane action that didn't have a slow/dull moment.  All of these women utilized quick grapples and strikes to their advantage.  Charlotte was this close to capturing the title but she was pushed to the outside, nailed the riptide to Asuka and that...

WWE NXT 2.0 16/11/21 | A Coherent Review.

I haven't reviewed NXT in two weeks and holy crap, I didn't miss much at all.  This week's show was BO. RING and I'm trying to make this interesting by adding my lame a** humour and you know you f'd up when I have to rely on my jokes to make this week's NXT discussion somewhat engaging.  Images via WWE.com   Tony D'Angelo vs Dexter Lumis.  The scary white man vs The spicy white man. WHO WILL SURVIVE!?  The answer is my favourite POC wrestler currently, Tony D'Angelo (that joke will never get old).  Johnny Gargano came to check on Dexter Lumis after Camelo Hayes and Trick Williams destroyed Lumis' hand.  Minutes later, all three guys in Dunne, Gargano and Hayes announced a triple threat match for the North American championship.  Should be a good match, is all I'm going to say about that.  Odyssey Jones And Jacket Time vs The Diamond Mine.  First off, Jacket time isn't a good tag team name. It sounds like me as a 5-year-old after wearing ...