Skip to main content

The Coherent Wrestling Week: A DISAPPOINTING War Games Line up!?

NXT and AEW are going head to head once again…………. In a recap that averages the same as NXT's in the sense that the numbers are low and nobody really gives a sh*t. 

But, it was just an excuse to briefly note about NXT and AEW Dynamite since I haven't seen AEW Rampage as of writing this. 

And well, Dynamite was by far the better show out of the two. 

NXT has become a hit or miss show ever since its relaunch a few months ago which hasn't been this way even as recently as this past April. 

NXT  

Highlights. 

Cameron Grimes Goes Off About Duke Hudson. 

The promo pretty much sounded like this, "I may be a rich Redneck from bumf**k town in the South but I never forgot where I came from." 

All lame jokes aside, this was by far, the best thing about this episode and it hints at a potential big babyface character in the future (that is if WWE can do it properly) because his entire dialogue showed his humbleness as someone who understood what it's like to struggle. 

Oh, and a match between Grimes And Duke Hudson was announced for War Games.

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Tommaso Ciampa defeated Grayson Waller - Grayson Waller's attire looks like if John Cena hated himself but to be fair, with those jean shorts, Cena does dress if he hated himself.

Doesn't anyone care that LA Knight and Grayson Waller brawled after that because I sure don't. 

Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta lost to Kayden Carter and Kacy Catanzaro - Speaking of things I sure don't care about. 

Ivy Nile was victorious defeating Yulisa Leon - All I can say about this is Ivy Nile has some promise in WWE. 

Joe Gacy wanted Roderick strong to react peacefully - Joe Gacy is literally an example of the phrase "not a lot of substance" because he's not only bland and one-sided in terms of his overall convictions but his persona is also kinda offensive due to the fact that it disregards and downright sh*ts on the complexities of what makes a "good progressive" and the things they actually stand for, you know what I mean? 

His "good progressive" did lead him into getting a cruiserweight championship match at War Games so that's fine, I guess? 

Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen defeated Grizzled Young Veterans - If this was the "old NXT", the Grizzled Young Veterans would've certainly won the match. 

Tag team championship shenanigans happened between Imperium, Legado De La Fantasma, Kyle O'Reilly and Von Wagner - NXT has once again made me not care about the tag team division. 

It's War Games time - I can't believe I'm saying this but I did not care when they announced a War Games match which is insane for me to say because I enjoyed pretty much all of the War Games matches that have happened at the Takeover specials. 

The main reason being is that it felt like it came out of nowhere with weeks of build-up that I'm not invested in as a fan. 

Mandy Rose lost to Cora Jade via a distraction finish no less from Kay Lee Ray - Cool. 

Dynamite. 

Highlights. 

MJF And CM Punk Sounds Off On Each Other. 

Look. My 6 viewers know how I feel about the MJF character but this was so brutal, I had to think about my roasting game or lack thereof. 

And if you thought QT Marshall won the match against CM Punk, well I do feel sorry for the fact that you're even a fan of his in the first place. 

Imma link the video here to enjoy the 17 plus minute experience. 

Dante Martin Joins FTW. 

Dante saw how Lio Rush managed Bobby Lashley for a bit and said, "Nah. I'd rather join the enemy team." 

Taz loves black people and we love to see it. True POC ally right there. 

Thunder Rosa vs Jamie Hayter. 

Those two performers had one hell of an encounter. The shenanigans at the end with Britt Baker and Rebel was a little too much for my taste but again, a solid match.

Rosa wins with a good old roll-up. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Gunn Club defeated Bear Country - Just like that match at Wrestlemania 19, the racist won a match. 

A tag team match no less. Gunn Club then ran from a potential beating from Darby Allin and Sting assuming because they're standing up against racism. 

Bryan Danielson defeated Colt Cabana - the quickest victory I've ever seen. Oh, and Bryan Danielson fought with Hangman Page for a minute after the match. 

Bryan's arrogance is something I didn't know he needed but now I do. It does make sense considering he's literally the GOAT. 

The Lucha Brothers, Cody Rhodes and Pac lost to FTR, Malaki Black and Andrade El Idolo - Andrade with trucks is cool. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...