Skip to main content

THE Coherent AEW Take: Christian Dior, Dior. Eddie Kingston up in all the stores!

Ever since AEW Dynamite was on Saturday night for a bit, I've been WAY behind on AEW content so excuse my ignorance.

And It's Full Gear weekend which means another PPV that would last longer than the Snyder cut. 

Sheeit, I'll bet the collar and elbow hold alone from the Hangman Page and Kenny Omega championship match, is longer than the entire Queen's Crown tournament. 

As far as how I feel about both programs this week, well.  They did an okay job on building towards the final AEW PPV of the year this Saturday.

Rampage. 

Highlights. 

Bryan Danielson vs Anthony Bowens. 

And no, the highlight doesn't include Max Caster's verses. I'll rather listen to f**king Riff Raff than Max Caster's dig on anything. 

The worst part, people are probably going to look at this and say, "can't wait for a Max Caster's appearance on Wild 'N Out!" 

With that being said, this opening match was good. Danielson wins with the rebel lock. 

Eddie Kingston (with the most New York fit I've ever seen) ain't too happy With CM Punk. 

Eddie Kingston gave CM Punk a verbal BEATING. That promo showcases how Eddie Kingston is legit one of the best pure dialogue executioners in this industry. 

Side note, I will say, It's nice to see an in-ring CM Punk segment that isn't the old "I'm glad to be with the fans". 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Red Velvet lost to The Bunny - Meh. 

Adam Cole defeated John Silver - The anti smarks looking at this match like, "is this AEW's version of the cruiserweight division? Bunch of vanilla midgets". 

Dynamite. 

Highlights. 

Matt Sydal And Lee Moriarty vs Dante Martin And Lio Rush. 

I like this match a ton. This is my second time seeing Lee Moriarty and he keeps on impressing me a lot as a performer. He's just that damn good right now. 

And It's been a while since I've seen Lio Rush wrestle with ease and God damn, the match made me appreciate his in-ring presence. 

The man of the hour, along with Dante Martin, walked out of this week's episode of Dynamite as the winner of the match with a beautiful looking moonsault from Dante Martin. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Bryan Danielson defeated Rocky Romero - A decent match is all I'll say. 

A beatdown from Dan Lambert's posse to Inner Circle - This is your weekly reminder that Dan Lambert is literally the epitome of annoying wrestling fans. 

Dr Britt Baker, Rebel And Jamie Hayter lost to Tay Conti, Anna Jay And Thunder Rosa - Another reminder that WWE really messed up on not utilizing Tay Conti on weekly television. 

Jungle Boy defeated Anthony Bowens - Speaking of Max Caster's awful freestyle rap but I will say, this was the least offensive of the bunch. Oh, and Bobby Fish gave the young man a SUPLEX BEATING. 

Wardlow gave Wheelchair Yuta powerbomb destruction that led to the big man's victory - The night just couldn't get any worse for Best Friends as Matt Hardy's big money crew took Yuta's loss as an advantage to give Vest Friends an a** whopping. Meh. 

Dax Hardwood lost to Pac - the other half of FTR (Cash Wheeler), Andrade El Idolo, Malaki Black gave Pac some foot stomps until Cody Rhodes and the Lucha Brothers (aka three POCs) came to the rescue. 

AEW loves their multi-person brawl more than WWE loves their women's division as of late. 

The contract signing with Hangman Page and Kenny Omega was bloody - Ya Allah, please don't let Louis Dangoor's booking plan come true for Hangman Page as a transitional champion. Ameen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE NXT Takeover: Toronto | My Coherent Review.

Another month or so, another great NXT Takeover event courtesy of the NXT creative team filled with top-notch in-ring action and storytelling. I know it feels tiresome when you heard people praise highly talk about the Takeover shows but trust me they are that good.  The Street Profits vs The Undisputed Era for the NXT Tag Team Championship. During the match, Montez Ford delivered the people's elbow after hitting a spinebuster on Bobby Fish. The match ended with a frog splash from Montez Ford and The Street Profits continues to celebrate as tag team champions.  I'm very conflicted with this decision mainly because I don't want to see more okay matches between The Forgotten Sons and Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan but I'm going to be optimistic hoping that it's not the case.  Io Shirai vs Candice Lerae.  Io's theme song is simple yet badass at the same time (no shit, Omar). The match started off with Candice rushing to the ring and brawled on the outs...

WWE RAW 13/7/20 | A Coherent Review.

I didn't like this show. Thankfully, this episode didn't pull a Smackdown but because of how well last week's show went, I felt really underwhelmed watching that.   MVP Lounge. Special Guest, Dolph Ziggler.  Montel Von Porter welcomed his guest that shares a common hatred for Drew McIntyre and that guest is, of course, Dolph Ziggler.  Ziggler compliments the new United States championship design to which MVP let him know that he'll talk to his people and get a new WWE championship design once the show-off, wins the championship (and honestly, Ziggler's got a point, the WWE Title needs a new design).  Dolph further tells MVP that he's the reason why Drew defeated Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania for the WWE title.  Out came the Scotsmen himself and he basically said that he'll beat the crap out of him and Dolph got a bit of that with a punch. An enjoyable segment.  The thing I kind of appreciate about this feud is that Dolph...

Finn Balor Is Indeed Out Of Action.

A couple of days ago, WWE announced that Finn Balor suffered an injury and didn't specify on what the injury was. His last match, by the way, was a triple threat match at a house show last Wednesday in Santiago, Chile against Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre to which McIntrye won.  It turns out that Finn wasn't dealing with an injury at all, at least according to Mike Johnson over at  PWinsider . Instead, Balor is dealing with an illness and couldn't continue the Latin America tour. Finn is also unable to compete on the Mixed Match Challenge, replacing him with Apollo Crews. But the powers that be believe that he's 100% ready for TLC next week. Here's what he had to say about that via Twitter:  I am sorry I could not preform in #WWEBuenosAires Lo siento no pude competir en #WWEBuenosAires — Finn Bálor forEVERYone (@FinnBalor) December 7, 2018   I wish him nothing but a speedy recovery.  By the way, I report on the 5 major or minor news of ...