Skip to main content

AEW Full Gear 2021 | A Coherent Review.

Apologies to my 4 viewers that this review is shorter than the last time I did an AEW PPV review which was Revolution (big f**king yikes, Omar. Fake wrestling fan). 

It's just that TK is killing me with the 4 hour long PPVs but at this point, my complaints on how long the show would last are getting old so let's get into how this show ABSOLUTELY F'ING RULED LIKE A MONARCH! (For the most part because nothing is perfect). 

MJF vs Darby Allin. 

While I believe MJF's character is a walking dummies article on how to be a heel, the guy can wrestle his a** off as seen by the opening contest with Darby Allin. 

MJF made my favourite wrestling bruf William Regal proud due to the fact that he used the brass knuckles to win the match. 

Where does Maxwell go from here? I can't believe I'm saying this but I could see him wrestling Sting and the worst part about this statement is that I wouldn't mind it. 2019 me would've slapped the sh*t out of 2021 me. 

The Lucha Brothers vs FTR For The AEW World Tag Team Championship. 

Speaking of fun matches. The guys that are in my favourite match of the year (I'm referring to the steel cage match at All Out), wrestled another fantastic encounter with FTR. 

Can I just say that I'm glad that FTR is an entity that appreciates tag team wrestling? 

The Lucha Brothers retained the titles with a double team spike piledriver. The Lucha Brothers are so immune to the "Distraction finish", WWE executes, pulls a Brandy and says, "impossible". 

Bryan Danielson vs Miro. AEW World Championship Number One Contender's Tournament Finals. 

Bryan Danielson's theme is literally born for greatness because man, the theme makes me wanna pull a Rocky montage. This song got nothing on "Hearts On Fire". 

I will say, the match was a little too short for my wrestling liking but it was a solid match nevertheless. 

Bryan has won the entire tournament and will go on to face a certain AEW world champion for the title. Ya boy is rubbing his hands like Birdman with excitement. 

The Young Bucks And Adam Cole vs Christian And The Jurassic Express In A Street Fight.

It's surreal to think about how Adam Cole was in WWE as NXT champion at the start of the so-called "Wednesday Night War" and now, he's in the exact opposite company titan towers is trying to compete with. 

With that being said, the match was prettay, prettay, pretty good. The match saw The Young Bucks delivering a double superkick on Jungle Boy while Jungle Boy had a series of thumbtacks inside his mouth. 

If y'all wanna pull moves like this, at the very least your country should have free universal healthcare.

The elite guys lost to a conchairto from Jungle Boy to Nick Jackson. 

Cody Rhodes And Pac vs Andrade El Idolo And Malaki Black. 

The city of Minneapolis, Minnesota are sick and tired of the white saviour narrative. Why? Just look at Cody Rhodes during this tag team bout. The match was decent for what it was. 

Cody Rhodes and Pac prevailed in the end with the black arrow to which Cash Wheeler and Dax Hardwood laid waste on Rhodes and Pac. Cool. 

Britt Baker vs Tay Conti For The AEW World Women's Championship. 

Was looking forward to the match and unfortunately, it kinda disappointed me due to the fact that it felt kinda there. I know AEW could do better than that especially since that division has improved a lot this past year. 

Britt Baker retains with a roll-up. 

CM Punk vs Eddie Kingston. 

Aka the match with one of the best in-ring promos, I've seen all year. 

And the encounter itself was decent. CM Punk won with a GTS and after the match, 

Eddie didn't show any respect for the guy. Roman Reigns looked at this like, "I like this Eddie person." 

I'm sure we're going to see a rematch. It's just a matter of when is my question. 

The Inner Circle vs Scorpio Sky, Ethan Page And American Top Team. 

A match I couldn't care less about. And you know it's bad when a catchy Fozzy song isn't the worst part about the entire feud. 

The Inner Circle wins with a frog splash from one white person I dislike, Chris Jericho to another, Dan Lambert.  I will give Chris some credit, the frog splash tribute to Eddie Guerrero was awesome to see. 


So, Jay Lethal has officially signed with AEW and he's getting a TNT championship on Dynamite against Sammy Guevara. Uh, why (and I'm not going to elaborate as to why I feel that way, Bing is literally free). 

Kenny Omega vs Hangman Page For The AEW World Championship. 

THE match that was two years in the f**king making and it absolutely delivered as anticipated. 

SCREW YOU, RIGHTEOUS REG! SCREW YOU, FELLOW WWE SHILL, LOUIS DANGOOR because Adam Page has finally won the big one with two clotheslines. Let's go, boys, girls and NB. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos.

Like: MJF vs Darby Allin, The Lucha Brothers vs FTR, The Young Bucks And Adam Cole vs Christian And The Jurassic Express, Hangman Page vs Kenny Omega and what happened after the match. 

Didn't like: Britt Baker vs Tay Conti, Why Jay Lethal? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...