Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 15/10/21 | A Coherent Review

Smackdown was probably the only time in current WWE TV that I didn't feel the time slot. 

Keep in mind, I live outside of the US and I was watching this IN THE FREAKING MORNING. 

Oh, and the show was a solid program. 

Images via WWE.com 

Backstage, Sethy Enjoyed Edge's Promo Until……….


Edge mentioned his wife and I thought the promo was going in the "wide eyes open" direction but instead, he basically said that he'll end the saga of himself and Seth inside Hell In A Cell. 

It was a decent promo but isn't noteworthy. 

Rollins' entire dialogue later in the night? Well, that's a different story. Seth is just so good at playing a goofy pick, it's pure comedy at this point. 

I mean, if his "101 dalmatians" look doesn't convince you of his comical ways, I don't know what is. 

Finn Balor vs Sami Zayn. King Of The Ring Tournament Semi-Finals. 

Other than the Xavier Woods and Ricochet encounter, this tournament has been nothing but a quick snooze fest, honestly. 

I love both guys but damn, this match was not for me. Finn advanced in the finals with the coup de grace. 

Naomi vs Sonya Deville And Shayna Baszler. 


Sonya played as a POS so well here and it did a great job of building some empathy and compassion towards Naomi and her current struggles within the WWE Kayfabe universe as seen by her unfortunate loss to Naomi. 

Yes, the match length is too damn short (a common pattern in the women's division, unfortunately) but in this instance, the circumstances made sense here. 

Carmella vs Zelina Vega. Queen's Crown Tournament Semi-Finals. 

Speaking of a "quick snooze fest" tournament. Zelina Vega is now in the finals. Cool. 

Happy Corbin Wasn't Happy After Shinsuke Nakamura And Rick Boogs Interrupted His 'Happy Talk'. 

Happy Corbin's fit looks like a pastey Floridian. Now, was my comment funny? Maybe but my lame jokes should tell you that I didn't care about this entire segment. 

The Street Profits vs The Usos For The SmackDown Tag Team Championship In A Street Fight. 

Finally, some good f**king wrestling. The Usos retained the tag team championship with a double frog splash to Angelo Dawkins. 

To be frank with you guys, I wouldn't hate a rematch later down the line but this is probably the end of their series of televised matches. 

Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch. 


I love Sasha Banks but what was that wrestling fit? It is as confusing as her Covid takes. 

Nevertheless, the match was really good which isn't surprising considering how well they know each other. Their chemistry translated pretty well inside the squared circle. 

Belair's intentional assist led to a victory from Sasha Banks. 

Brocky Brock And His Saucest Supreme, Made Roman Mad Again. 


The entire contract segment was Heyman sh*tting his pants in fear while Brock was like, "I read the contract thanks to my advocate, Paul Heyman". 

I don't know who's sillier, this Brock Lesnar or the Lesnar that danced with a mariachi band 17 years ago. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Silly Brick lasersword, Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch, Street Profits vs The Usos, "101 dalmatians' ' Seth Rollins. 

Didn't like: The King Of The Ring and Queens Crown Tournament. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...