Skip to main content

WWE NXT 2.0 14/9/21 | A Coherent Review.


NXT 2.0 or as I like to call it, NXT "I'M DIFFERENT" edition. 

Let's get the positives out of the way. I like the set and the way it compliments NXT's new water multicolour look. In a world with main roster WWE and its giant screen, the presentation definitely stood out. 

The entrance stage set also gave me a bit of a Wrestlemania 27 vibes and because of it, I'm always going to remind myself of that dogsh*t of a PPV so that's definitely a negative. 

The main question is, Was the inaugural episode of NXT "third times the charm" edition any good? 

Yes. The main thing NXT did right is how they showcase some of the newer faces on the brand.  There were a few head-scratching moments but as a whole, I enjoyed the episode. 

Images via WWE.com

Bron Breakker vs LA Knight. 


We all know that Bron Breakker is an awful name (Bronson Rechsteiner was perfectly fine) but my God, that dude has the LOOK!  

I mean, if I had to choose to rebrand myself in WWE, I would probably call myself the "Coon Killer" (I see why I get 5 viewers).  

Also, I didn't know Bron's dad is Rick Steiner so shout out to the guy. 

Big man Bronnie wins with the pump handle slam of some sort. 

Having LA Knight lose before the 4-way title match that he's a part of, isn't a good decision. WWE could've had any other person to play LA Knight's role here. 

Imperium vs Josh Briggs And Brooks Jensen. 


Another new face here in Josh Briggs and Brooks Jensen and they're aight I guess. 

Imperium carried this match into a solid tag team bout. The European stable defeated the newcomers with an avalanche butterfly suplex from Fabien to Brooks Jensen. 

B-Fab vs Katrina Cortez. 


The match wasn't special and what happened after the match with a back and forth promo between B-Fab and Electra Lopez, overshadowed the entire match. 


So, Austin Theory and Damian Priest returned to NXT and met with Johnny Gargano, Odyssey Jones and Cameron Grimes because of a certain wedding. 

Speaking of the wedding, let's talk about that segment here because it's probably the only wedding scene I've seen in wrestling that didn't end in a disaster so that's f**king raid.  Probably one of the best wrestling segments I've seen for quite some time.    

Indi Hartwell and Dexter Gaylord Lumis are now husband and wife (somewhere in the world, a 12-year-old is laughing because the word "Gaylord" was uttered). 

Carmelo Hayes Was Like, "I'M TIRED OF BEING HUMBLE AND I'M TIRED OF BEING LOWKEY" 


Trick Williams gave Hayes a reminder that the time of being humble is over and Hayes replied, "Yea, you right!" 

Duke Hudson disrespected those guys and the consequence of it was a whooping from both guys. 

I'm liking this new side of Carmelo. That intensity was something I didn't know the character needed but it did because I am definitely intrigued. 

Kacy Catanzaro And Kayden Carter vs Gigi Dolin And Jacy Jayne.


NXT 2.0 is taking a page out of the main roster scripts with those meaningless rematches. This screams, "really,  AGAIN!?" 

The match ended via a DQ due to a 3 on 2 attack. I say 3 because Mandy Rose made her return to NXT with new hair colour. 

And I thought that was the end of it but nope. The beatdown led to a 6 person tag between Sarray, Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter vs Gigi Dolin, Jacy Jayne and Mandy Rose. 

The bad guys prevailed with a sick looking knee strike from Mandy Rose to Kayden Carter. 

Will see where the new Mandy Rose goes from here but I do think she's going to be a glorified enhancement talent.  That's just me though.  


Ridge Holland squashed Drake Maverick because he's big, mean and British. 

A new vignette by Tony D'Angelo was played representing his city of Chicago alongside his amateur wrestling roots. 

Guys, he's clearly not Italian. The accent and the name proves it. 

Julius And Brutus Creed vs Dan Jarmon And Travis Skelly. 


The Creed brothers do fit the Diamond Mine stable. It's as if they've been part of the group since its inception. 

Malcolm Bivens glowed over Diamond Mine's new recruits following a one-sided match that emerged the Creed Brothers victorious. 

Kushida interrupted the scene with a Botchamania classic line, "you talk too much!" 

Ivy Nile? Based on that look, the woman got potential. 

Kushida is facing Roderick Strong for the cruiserweight championship and I'm sure the match will be a good one. 

Tomasso Ciampa vs Peter Dunne vs LA Knight vs Von Wagner For The NXT Championship. 


A prettay, Prettay, Prettay, pretty good main event match. Wagner replaced Kyle O'Reilly spot in this match due to a beatdown from Pete Dune and Ridge Holland that made O'Reilly medically unable to compete. 

Ciampa pinned LA Knight to become the new NXT champion. That's right, geeks. Ciampa got Goldie back! 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Indi Hartwell and Dexter Lumis wedding, the fatal four-way main event, Carmelo Hayes heel turn. 

Didn't like: LA Knight taking Ls like a soul's born game, why Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter vs Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne for the gazillion time? 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...