Skip to main content

WWE RAW 9/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

I'm back and I'm not better than ever because I watch Monday Night RAW and talk about it every single week. 

But, this week's edition wasn't bad, it was just kinda there. 

Images via WWE.com 

You Hear Voices In Your Head? It's Probably Randy Orton Coming Back (so f**king corny, Omar). 


Randy Orton returned to the red brand after a several week absence which I wouldn't blame you if you thought Orton was a bald Pedro Pascal for a second. 

Orton wanted to have nothing to do with Riddle (I'm sure everyone is in agreement with that statement) and Riddle wasn't too thrilled about it. 

Styles showed up to challenge Randal Keith Orton to a match on this very episode and Orton accepted it which led to a bit of a brawl. 


Later in the night, Orton defeated the phenomenal one in a decent encounter. And then, Riddle ate an RKO. I've said this before in my reviews and I'm saying it again. WWE HATES friendships. 

As far as where this storyline goes, I legit have no idea which is an indication of being either a good thing or a bad thing. 

And right now, my compass is leaning towards the bad thing. 

Drew McIntyre vs Baron Corbin.


Drew wanted to help Corbin by asking the guy how much does the 2019 king of the ring winner wants to live comfortably. 

And Baron Corbin replied, "$100,000" (not a fan of this story but that line made me laugh uncontrollably). 

Drew responded to that request with a claymore to win the match. Drew then had some interaction with Jinder Mahal that I don't care about. 

Who would've thought that Baron Corbin (a Smackdown guy) was the highlight of this show? 



Karrion Kross defeated Jeff Hardy. I mean, finally, I guess? 

Bliss used her literal voodoo child to defeat *ugh* Doudrop. Great! 

Damian Priest Confronted Sheamus. 

After Sheamus' victory over Ricochet, Priest, like the title stated, confronted the United States champion. 

I'm sure both dudes are going to deliver a superb match at SummerSlam but I cannot be the only one that doesn't give two flips about this feud. 


Speaking of the former North American champion, he had a good match with John Morrison although it feels like I've seen that encounter every second of my life since April. 

T-Bar vs Mustafa Ali. 


Would you look at that? Another good match. 

T-Bar picked up the W. Mansoor then prevented Mustafa Ali from taking a beating.

I'm liking the odd couple pairing of Mansoor and Mustafa Ali. It is a cliche but in this case, it works quite well here. 

Both R Truth (disguised as a janitor) and Akira Tozawa  (disguised as a delivery worker) tried to capture the 24/7 championship from Reggie but they failed their mission.

I will say, Reggie was out here giving Jackie Chan a run for his money. 

Nikki A.S.H vs Rhea Ripley. 

Charlotte Flair ended the match via a DQ and gave both competitors a physical statement of sorts. 

Another feud that I don't give a crap about and this involves the women's championship. Thank WWE's inconsistent writing for that feeling I currently have. 


In an in-ring promo, Bobby Lashley and MVP warned that Goldberg's career will be over because of the Almighty. Not a bad segment. 

What I want from this is a one-sided victory for my friend, Bob. 


In a scene filmed in the middle of nowhere, Elias burned his guitar, signalling "the end of Elias" according to the man himself. Can't say that I hate this. 

I'm actually intrigued as to what it leads from here because that "walk with Elias'' thing has already passed its prime, like Goldberg or Vince McMahon's creativity. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Baron Corbin "$100,000" line, Mustafa Ali vs T-Bar, Damian Priest vs John Morrison.

Didn't like: The Randy Orton turn, are you excited for a Priest and Sheamus feud because I ain't? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 31/5/21 | A Coherent Review.

I was recently reading my RAW reviews from 2019 and the thing that is common in all of those reviews was that while I had some issues with those episodes, the shows were decent as a whole.  2021, however, is, of course, a different story. Ever since the fall of last year, I've been consistently getting terrible episode after terrible episode that is giving SNL a run for its money.  At this point, criticizing Monday Night RAW is a God damn routine.  Images via WWE.com   The Miz TV. Special Guest, Charlotte Flair.  As told by the headline above, the show opened with Miz TV. A segment that literally nobody looks forward to.   You had John Morrison legit wearing a necklace that is covered in garlic for protecting himself from any supernatural thing appearing which was PEAK CRINGE.  Charlotte Flair stated that she'll send Rhea Ripley to hell in 3 weeks (by the way, this is still a weird decision to move the Hell In A Cell show in the summer but whateve...