Skip to main content

NXT Takeover 36 | A Coherent Review.

NXT has once again delivered 2 and a half hours of professional wrestling that I couldn't complain about. 

The program had a clear goal, simply deliver. 

Oh, and there was a match at the pre-show which I haven't seen of course. 

Images via WWE.com

Cameron Grimes vs LA Knight For The Million Dollar Championship. 


The yellow brand gave those guys some TIIIIIIIME! 

I didn't expect the bout to be this fast-paced. What a darn opener. 

Thanks to the million-dollar man himself, Ted Dibiase, Cameron Grimes picked up the million-dollar championship as a result of winning the match. 

Raquel Gonzalez vs Dakota Kai For The NXT Women's Championship. 


I've been very critical of the build going into Takeover due to the fact that the "best friends now bitter rivals" narrative was executed in the most generic way possible. 

Did this match deliver though? Not really but it was decent for what it was. 

Gonzalez retained the title with an avalanche chingona bomb to which NXT UK's Kay Lee Ray showed up and stared at the women's championship. 

Finally, something different for good measure!

Walter vs Ilja Dragunov For The NXT UK Championship. 


A match that I was most looking forward to because of their brutal first encounter 10 months ago for the same championship competed here. 

And I'm happy to say that the match was GOOD, GOOD, GOOD! 

Despite Ilja Dragunov taking in some good old fashioned beating from the big man,   Dragunov somehow defeated Walter (with a sleeper hold that made Walter quickly tap out) and became the new UK champion. 

Again, what a f**king match. 

Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly In A 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match. 


How 2019 of NXT to call this encounter a 2 out of 3 falls match instead of a 3 stages of hell match (yes, I'm repeating the same jokes because it's funny)? 

Nevertheless, the 3 fall exhibition bout wasn't as good as their second match at the Great American Bash but I enjoyed it as a whole. 

O'Reilly quickly picked up the first fall which led to Coley Adam Bay Bay getting the second fall victory. 

The third fall was taken by Kyle O'Reilly in a steel cage match. 

Will see where Adam Cole goes from here and whether he stays with world wrestling entertainment or not (I think he does but anything is possible in this greed inducing world that we live in). 

Samoa Joe vs Karrion Kross For The NXT Championship. 


By far, the best part about this match was the FREAKING MUSCLE BUSTER IS BACK! I legit marked out after seeing that move. 

I know this is the zoomer in me talking but it literally feels like a throwback at this point because we haven't seen this move in 4 or so years. 

That finishing manoeuvre is how Samoa Joe became the first-ever 3-time NXT champion.

See you in main roster pugartory, Karrion Kross. I'm sure you'll have a great undefeated streak. You know, 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Pretty much every single match. 

Didn't like: It's a Takeover show, my guy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 31/5/21 | A Coherent Review.

I was recently reading my RAW reviews from 2019 and the thing that is common in all of those reviews was that while I had some issues with those episodes, the shows were decent as a whole.  2021, however, is, of course, a different story. Ever since the fall of last year, I've been consistently getting terrible episode after terrible episode that is giving SNL a run for its money.  At this point, criticizing Monday Night RAW is a God damn routine.  Images via WWE.com   The Miz TV. Special Guest, Charlotte Flair.  As told by the headline above, the show opened with Miz TV. A segment that literally nobody looks forward to.   You had John Morrison legit wearing a necklace that is covered in garlic for protecting himself from any supernatural thing appearing which was PEAK CRINGE.  Charlotte Flair stated that she'll send Rhea Ripley to hell in 3 weeks (by the way, this is still a weird decision to move the Hell In A Cell show in the summer but whateve...