Skip to main content

WWE RAW 12/7/21 | A Coherent Review.

This week's Monday Night RAW episode marks the end of the Thunderdome as we know it. I'm not gonna lie, when I think of the "Thunderdome era", I think of two things. 

Roman Reigns and the worst series of episodes of Monday Night RAW I've ever covered on this very site.

I'm sure that once the episodes will be conducted in a live setting again, the red brand will be so much better to digest, right? 

Maybe according to Pete Roseburg but not me, I'll tell ya that much! 

This week's RAW had its usual mediocre and predictable setting with a few highlights. 

Images via WWE.com 

Bobby Lashley vs Xavier Woods. 

Not as solid as their Hell In A Cell match encounter a few weeks back but it's fine, I guess. 

Woods pulled an inside cradle to win the match clean as a whistle. Making your champ lose a week before a PPV is pretty lame in most cases but seeing the final segment of the night, kinda enhanced the storyline

Or, they might "plant the seeds" for a Woods and Lashley feud to which I say, it'll probably never happen because even the creative team will forget about the victory within a day later. 

Eva Marie and Doudrop interacted with Alexa Bliss in her playground. I'm surprised she didn't wobble their legs like what Bliss did to Shayna Baszler weeks before.

Drew McIntyre Did The HORROR! 

The horror in McIntyre damaging Jinder Mahal's motorcycle after Jinder Mahal revealed Drew McIntyre's broken sword. 

McIntyre took some of his old theme song's lyrics a little too literally.

Drew pulled the "Hey, up here on the screen" cliche which will always be comically hilarious. 

This segment gave me "Jinder Mahal WWE title run on Smackdown" memories and I sound like a Goddamn zoomer by saying the words "Jinder Mahal WWE champion and memories". 

At least this scene wasn't offensive to watch. 

Alexa Bliss vs Nikki A.S.H vs Asuka vs Naomi. 

Eva Marie and Doudrop were watching the match as four women that will participate in the Money In The Bank ladder next week are fighting for……...for……..for. 

Doudrop (still can't f**king believe that's Piper Niven' actual name in the main roster) threw Bliss near the LED crowd area. 

Meanwhile, Nikki A.S.H rolled Asuka up for the victory. While I'm still indifferent with Nikki's new persona, it's nice to see a performer in her position on the show that is getting back to back victories. 

Ivar vs AJ Styles. 

It's a match involving AJ Styles so it guarantees to be at least somewhat decent which is exactly how I feel about the match. 

The big man wins here with a standing banzai drop of some sort. 

Later in the episode, Omos and Erik had a match and it was one-sided. Omos picked up the W with a double chokeslam. 

Sheamus vs Humberto Carrillo For The United States Championship. 

Because Sheamus didn't want to defend his championship, he attacked Humberto Carrillo *Michael Cole's voice* from behind. 

Due to the minors that Carrillo got as a result of the beatdown, Sheamus brogue kicked Carrillo to retain the belt. 

The "great white" then proceeded to further damage the guy but Damian Priest played white knight and decided the beating ain't happening. 

I didn't get the writing choice of having Sheamus play the "cowardly heel" cliche and take the easy way out. Like, the dude can defeat Humberto regardless. This entire thing was a showcase of why I'm not a fan of the black and white tropes we're seeing on its babyfaces and heels. 

One (in Sheamus) was the chicken sh*t heel and the other (Damian Priest) was the basic white knight babyface. 

I will say, a Priest and Sheamus feud should be a good one from an in-ring standpoint only. 

Ricochet vs John Morrison In A Falls Count Anywhere Match. 

Even in a No DQ match like this one, it has a distraction finish thanks to Riddle messing with an injured Miz. 

Ricochet is victorious in this banger of an exhibition. 


The women's tag team champions were having a back and forth verbal communication with Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke that I do not give a damn about. 

Side note, Drew McIntyre said in an interview with Kevin Patrick that he's going to win the Money In The Bank match. Cool. 

Rhea Ripley vs Natalya. 

Speaking of the women's tag team champions. After Rhea Ripley won this match, Charlotte Flair from outta nowhere, inflicted a lot of damage on Rhea's leg. Cool. 


And the final thing that happened on this meh episode of RAW was when Bobby Lashley basically pulled a Hulk on Avengers 1 by literally destroying the VIP Lounge.

Oh, and Bob cut probably one of the best promos of his career. So, there's that.

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Bobby Lashley at the end of this episode, Ricochet vs John Morrison, Nikki A.S.H winning matches.

Didn't like: The Sheamus, Humberto Carrillo and Damian Priest segment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...