Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 25/6/21 | A Coherent Review.

 If you love rematches and storyline continuations that should've had a decisive conclusion, then this episode is for you! 

This show, to put it lightly, wasn't good. As a matter of opinion, the program was so darn awful. 

Images via WWE.com

Bayley And Seth Rollins vs Bianca Belair And Cesaro. 

They essentially had words to fill about "who's the winner and who's the loser" in an open segment before the match took place. 

I find it really head-scratching that Bayley called the SmackDown women's champion, "Bianca Beloser" even though Bayley lost to Belair in a "clean as glass" type of finish. 

I will say this, Seth Rollins laughing in the background every time Bayley said something about Belair is pure gold. Probably it's best to keep Rollins as a heel just for that laugh alone. 

The match ended with a pinfall victory from Bayley to the SmackDown's women's champion and you know what that means? REMATCH! 

I do not hate rematches as long as each match is better than the last and their Hell In A Cell match was kinda mid. 

So, why would I look forward to that encounter once more? 

Shinsuke Nakamura Got A King Coloration. 

This entire segment, I feel like,  is unironically the saddest yet funniest thing I've ever seen all week. 

Baron was crying his a** off like he just watched the film "Life Is Beautiful" with Roberto Benigni. 

This should've someway somehow led to a King Of The Ring tournament but it is what it is. 

Apollo Crews vs Big E. Money In The Bank Qualifying Match. 

A match that was way better than their IC title match at Wrestlemania a few months back. 

The "let's portray Apollo Crews as a weak champion" did not pay off as Big E pulled off the victory with the big ending. 

Is it really that difficult to actually book a match with Apollo Crews that involves a victory without outside interference? 

The writing for Apollo Crews since his IC title victory has been nothing but basura, my Gs. 

Carmella vs Liv Morgan. 

Carmella was given the Money In The Bank ladder match spot even though other competitors have to compete to qualify for that match (and also recently lost a match with Liv Morgan). 

Now, let me ask you something, people. Does this actually make a lick of sense? 

Morgan picked up the victory against Carmella once again. Again, I ask you lovely yet complicated human beings. 

Does the direction for this entire segment and match, make a lick of sense to you? 

Jimmy Uso defeated Dolph Ziggler. Cool. Speaking of Uso sort of, Edge returned and gave an absolute BEATING to Roman Reigns (as well as Jimmy Uso). 

Out of all the revisiting of feuds, the Edge and Roman Reigns is the one that I'm slightly intrigued by because we haven't seen the eventual one on one match between those two guys. 

However, I would be lying if I said that I'm all on board with this rivalry, ya know? 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: I guess Baron Corbin crying over a crown? 

Didn't like: The booking for Apollo Crews, the Bayley and Bianca Belair aspect of the opening segment, the entire Carmella and Liv Morgan stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...