Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Brief Thoughts On AEW Double Or Nothing 2021.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately.  Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

A Brief Thoughts On Double Or Nothing 2021. 

I was supposed to create a separate review for Double Or Nothing but life came into the way. Hence, why I'm briefly writing about it. Here are my key takeaways from what was a pretty entertaining PPV: 

AEW should really think about the length of the show because honestly, there's no reason why a wrestling show should be 4 and a half hours bruh. I felt every single second of the 4-hour runtime. 

I prefer the Stadium Stampede match over the Blood And Guts. It had the right amount of batsh*t shenanigans along with the surprising additional humour (that Konnan cameo was gold). 

The women, in my opinion, STOLE THE DAMN SHOW! The opening match for the NWA women's championship between Riho and Serena was exceptional. 

Hikaru Shida's match with Britt Baker was no shocker, a great match given the history between both women. I'm happy that Britt Baker got her well deserved shine. 

Praise For The New RAW Play By Play Commentator. 

We all can agree that Monday Night RAW has made a LOT of changes when it comes to their commentary team, right? 

It's like they do not know what they want for its commentary team (I could say the same thing for the creative team). 

The new commentator for Monday Night RAW,  Jimmy Smith has been getting some praise at least if you believe what WrestleVotes had to say about this. 

The dude was good at the commentary booth. Will see if I feel the same way within the next weeks or months (that is if WWE keeps him for a longer period of time). 

What's With The "WWE Is Leading To A Sale" Discourse!? 

This past week saw yet another set of releases and it was notable, to say the least. 

Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Lana, Murphy, Ruby Riott, and Santana Garrett were the names that were, unfortunately, let go. 

Braun Strowman and Aleister Black is especially a shocking one since Strowman is one of their main event acts on WWE while Aleister was going to feud with Big E coming out of a series of well-produced vignettes. 

This and other factors that played into those releases (as well as a "re-examining of the business due to COVID-19 and discovering a lot of redundancy in duties" according to Dave Meltzer), got fans thinking, is WWE preparing for a sale? 

As a person that has no knowledge of the economics side of things, I'll instead embed a tweet thread from Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics because that dude is WAY smarter than me (translation, I agree with him):
 

WWE Hiring Two Black Women Writers (great news). 

I actually encountered this piece of news on my Twitter timeline just because I saw some of my mutuals talk about it. 

WWE has made some hires and two of which were the recruitment of two black women writers.  


I can tell from watching WWE programming that they need some diversity within their creative process so this is nothing but fantastic news. 

Ted Dibiase Jr On Reflecting His WWE Career. 

In an interview with Wrestlezone, the former tag team champion spoke about his time with world wrestling entertainment and how he’s open for a WWE come back at some point (from Post Wrestling): 

“I was an employee, I was there to do my job, and I’m not saying that in a way that like, ‘Oh, nobody did anything for me.’ Was I angry? Yeah at times, because I wanted it. I’m hungry, I’m a hard-ass worker, and I was like, ‘Teach me.’ And so again that’s what we want to do for guys now, but I wish I could have had more of a chance there. I’m not trolling, I’m just saying, I wouldn’t be opposed to going back one more time. I miss it so much. I don’t see that happening at all. But just doing this alone and seeing my dad back on TV and how much fun and is having conversations, it’s been like, oh man, it’s creeping back in. It’s just, once it’s in you, it’s in you.”


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...