Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Money In The Bank 2021 Happening In A Live Audience.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately.  Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

WWE Refreshing Their Set Designs. 

WWE has officially announced that starting on July 16th, world wrestling entertainment is back on the road as first reported by the Mad Men Wrestling Podcast (see, was it difficult, WWE?). 

Speaking of Andrew Zarian of Mad Men Wrestling Podcast, Zarian has teased that WWE might refresh their set design for their flash programming: 

"Right now, they're working on the sets. I don't know if it's Smackdown or RAW okay. All I know is that they're working on new sets." 

RAW would've benefited a lot with a set redesign or a refresh compared to SmackDown because the SmackDown set was straight-up beautiful. Will see what WWE is cooking up come July. 

Money In The Bank 2021 Happening In A Live Audience. 

Another news piece courtesy of Andrew Zarian and honestly, shout out to him. He's been very reliable when it comes to exclusive breaking stories. 

Zarian has heard from his snitch that the 2021 edition of the annual Money In The Bank show is happening in front of a live (and hopefully passionate) area audience.

I've never looked forward to the future in quite some time (aka months/years from now) because being an adult, random f**king bullsh*t happens to me and I would much rather think about the now. 

However, all weird rantings aside, this is exciting because the vital thing that is missing from most of the professional wrestling shows throughout 2020 is, of course, the crowd. 

Can't wait to hear "CM Punk" chants and "What" chants whenever a performer cuts a promo again. 

Marko Stunt Got An EP Coming Out, Guys! 

If you were wondering about whether Marko Stunt made music or not (and by that, I mean all of you. Let's be honest), then you're in luck I guess because the Jurassic Express member noted in a virtual meet and greet presented by Pro Wrestling Junkies(from Post Wrestling): 

"Fun fact, I go in Wednesday to finish an EP. So, I will have an EP out by the end — I can’t give you a date. I don’t wanna give you a date and then it not come out at the right time. But hopefully by July or the end of July."

AEW Were Renegotiating Their Deal With WarnerMedia By How Much? 

The answer is an "eight-figure payday from WarnerMedia" according to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.

It should be considered that AEW's new agreement with WarnerMedia did not include a TV contract extension. Their current deal lasts till December of 2023. 

Brief Thoughts On Smackdown Yesterday. 

    I'm looking respectfully, of course

Smackdown was, as usual, a pretty entertaining program. It was also pretty noteworthy. 

It's nice to see Rick Boogs aka the former Eric Bugenhagen on screen doing his thing (that scream of his never gets old). This man was on NXT TV for like a week or something and then disappeared off the face of the earth. 

The 4 way IC title match was all kinds of awesome. The ending was memorable as Aleister Black made his presence and delivered Big E with a black mass which is how Apollo picked up the victory. 

Aleister Black legit feels like the Aleister Black of old that we all know and love. That dude came off as a God damn star.

       

Shout out to Wrestle Features for pointing that out. WWE rarely acknowledges their continuity but when they do, I have to credit them for it. 

Stuff like that rewards an audience member for actually watching the show. 

Oh and An Aleister and Big E feud? I'm down with that. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...