Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown After WrestleMania 37 | A Coherent Review.

It is not surprising that Smackdown is better than Monday Night Bore.

And this episode proved it. Yes, it was a night of rematches but at least I wasn't yawning throughout most of the episode. 

Side note, Pat McAfee on commentary? Let's go. I love this choice, guys. The way he talks sh*t about somebody will always bring a smile to my face.  Already, Smackdown after mania is way better than RAW after mania. 

Images via WWE.com

Roman Reigns Reflects On His Victory At Wrestlemania. 


After WWE tried to recreate the boos that Roman Reigns got 4 years back, Reigns said that he fulfilled his promise by Defeating Edge and Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania. 

As the tribal chief was going to leave the ring, out came the Swiss cyborg himself, zazarow and Reigns immediately walked out of the ring. 

I assumed Cesaro is going to face the Intercontinental champion, APOLLOOOOOOO! But, he's stepping up against the tribal chief and I'm all for it, honestly. 


Cesaro wants a match with Roman Reigns in a traditional exhibition but not for the blue belt. 

Paul Heyman reacted to the news of Cesaro's challenge to Roman Reigns, saying that Cesaro has a billion-dollar body with a 10 cent brain because Cesaro doesn't have a clue how big of a star Roman Reigns is (Cesaro "10 cent brain"? The dude speaks a gazillion languages for God's sake). 

This promo reminds me why Paul Heyman is one of the best to ever do it on the mic. 

Rey Mysterio vs Otis. 


By the way, Otis' theme song? An absolute banger. 

Mysterio pulled off the win with the crucifix pin. It was aight.  

Sami Zayn Isn't Too Happy With His Loss To Kevin Owens At Wrestlemania. 


The headline above was pretty much the gist of Zayn's promo before he gets to face Kevin Owens once again.

And, the match was good, good, good! Owens wins with a count-out and the prizefighter wasn't having this victory. So, Owens nailed the stunner on Zayn.  


Apollo Crews "debuts a new persona" in Commander Azeez and he was a member of the Nigerian elite God. 

I didn't hear that backstory during Dabba Ka……. I mean Commander Azeez's run on RAW Underground. 

Bianca Belair's Smackdown Women's Championship Victory. 


Before The Street Profits faces Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler for the blue tag belts (I ain't calling them Dirty Dawgs because the name sounds like a bad Quentin Tarantino movie), they celebrate Bianca Belair's historic victory at Wrestlemania. 

Belair gave a heartfelt promo about how anybody can find the B.E.S.T in them. 

Banks' reaction during her interview with Kalya Braxton? She seemed really bothered (I smell a rematch). 


Bayley challenged Bianca Belair for the women's championship in another interview with Kayla Braxton (I smell a triple threat match). 

That tag team title bout was a solid encounter. Roode and Ziggler retained with a zig-zag on Montez Ford. 


Natalya defeated Shayna Baszler in a match which means we're probably getting a rematch. Look, they had a good match at Wrestlemania so I ain't mad on a rematch.  Baszler losing a match isn't surprising at this point. She should be protected not Nia Jax of all people. 

Cesaro vs Jey Uso. 


Whenever somebody challenges Roman Reigns, they always have to go through Jey Uso. Uce keeps on taking Ls. I wish they would have Jey actually win some matches but I'm just nitpicking. 

The good news for Jey Uso is, he actually won a match if you count disqualifications. 

Seth Rollins attacked Cesaro and cost the Swiss a match with Roman Reigns. I guess the amount of UFO clips that WWE played throughout the show paid off? 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn, The Street Profits vs Robert Roode, Bianca Belair's promo on her celebration, Pat McAfee just Pat McAfee. 

Didn't like: Nitpicking but Baszler losing again!


Sound off in the comments below on what do you think about this week's episode of Friday Night Smackdown? Follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions as well my Twitter @omartheplayaguy and my Facebook page Playard Wrestling Post. As Always, stay safe smarks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...