Skip to main content

A Few News I Guess: Bad Bunny Involved at This Year's Wrestlemania?, Quick Thoughts On Smackdown Yesterday.

Since this past week's news was slow for the most part, I decided to highlight a few news I guess? 

Images via WWE.com

Bad Bunny Involved at This Year's Wrestlemania? 

The guy that for some reason people are still talking about weeks later, is reported to be involved at this year's Wrestlemania possibly even getting into the ring. 

From Mikey Johnson and PWinsider, the storyline between Bad Bunny, The Miz and John Morrison wasn't written to end on this week's Monday Night RAW because they see it as a mainstream crossover and a way to elevate a performer in Damian Priest. 

Potentially some big publication writing about Bad Bunny's appearance at Wrestlemania AND pushing a fresh talent at the same time!? 

I'm all in, my friends. Based on his song, "Booker T" and the other PWInsider report of him training at the performance centre, he loves and respects the art form that is professional wrestling. 

I could see him pull off a Stephen Amell back in SummerSlam 2015 if I'm being honest based on his decent crossbody during the men's Rumble match. 

I see this as nothing but good news. 

An Update Regarding Chelsea Green's injury. 

The last time we saw her was when Green, unfortunately, broke her wrist on the November 13th 2020 episode of Smackdown and she's getting ready to return for in-ring action according to Fightful select and Sean Ross Sapp. 

We haven't seen her talents utilized greatly in WWE so I'm looking forward to her returning.

Here's hoping that WWE doesn't mess up yet another talented performer. 

Quick Thoughts On Smackdown Yesterday. 

This week's episode of Smackdown was a step up in terms of its ending because last week's one was a disaster. 

However, I'm not a fan of WWE continuing the feud between Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens. 

That last man standing match was a PERFECT end to this feud. 

The stipulation itself given how Owens was portrayed, sounded like it was the conclusion of this story that started around 3 months back. 

Out of all Edge's appearances, this one was my least favourite. 

It was just okay compared to his appearance on RAW or even his fantastic segment at NXT. 

Can't wait for Sasha Banks squaring off against Bianca Belair at Wrestlemania. I'm counting the days. 

Oh, and that IC triple threat match was great. 

My recap in case you were wondering. 

Like: Intercontinental championship triple threat match. 

Didn't like: Hulk Hogan, during black history month!?, continuing the Owens and Reigns feud. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Dirtsheets The Wrestling Version Of Tabloids?

A month ago, I was listening to the prince and the wolf podcast   with comedian Josh Wolf and actor/former WWE writer himself Freddie Prince Jr. In it, they had now seven-time women's champion Charlotte as their guest and she talked about life, how she got into professional wrestling but the most interesting part about this interview is that when Wolf asked: "what is dirtsheets?" Freddie replied by saying that it's basically tabloids. Is he wrong or is he right? Well, let's look at history.  Dirtsheets have spanned over 5 decades and it is still going strong to this very day and was given the name "Dirtsheets" to get "Inside dirt" in the wrestling business in a printed format or in a modern online site. Hence, the name dirtsheet.  The earliest form of dirtsheets was in the 60s where a woman by the name of Georgiann Makropoulos who herself started a monthly newsletter called "The Wrestling Chatterbox" after writing articles on wr...

WWE Money In The Bank 2021 | A Coherent Review

Last year's Money In The Bank show was one of my all-time favourites. You wanna know why?  It's because it ended in 2 hours and 10 minutes. As a guy with an intensive full-time job, that alone has to be the reason why 2020 MITB is a great show.  How did this year's show hold up? Well, it was quite simply, an enjoyable 3-hour program.  I had my so-called "money's worth" after watching this PPV.  Oh, and the Smackdown tag team championship match was aye okay.  Images via WWE.com   Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match.  You would think that Alexa Bliss would've won this match considering that she has voodoo powers, right?  But, I can't pull the "white dude that complains about logic in a subject piece of entertainment" because this match was probably one of the best multi-person ladder matches I've seen in quite some time.  Nikki A.S.H overcame the odds like a good superhero story would tell by winning the briefcase.  Given that she...

A Guide On How To Improve Wrestling Criticism.

Now, before you all verbally eat me alive like a hippopotamus (yes hippos eat humans, look that up), understand that I’m just an average dude writing about pro wrestling and doesn’t claim to be an expert in anything and that includes professional wrestling (except cooking. I’m damn good at cooking).  However, what I’ve been discovering as a pro wrestling blogger for over a year is that there are some wrestling criticism out there that just make me wanna scratch my head to the point where my hands turn into an electric shaver if that makes sense. For instance, “Why is Ricochet’s trunks red instead of white?” or “Why’s Andrade wearing his Luchador mask for his entrance every week?”  In other words, they’re nitpicking and trust me I do that ALL THE TIME in my wrestling reviews. There’s nothing wrong with nitpicking certain things but the difference is that I acknowledge that I’m nitpicking and those guys clearly don’t.  There are fans out there on the interweb that b...