Skip to main content

The Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: An Emotional And Fantastic Brodie Lee Tribute Show.

 
I know this is the Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays where I recap NXT and AEW Dynamite. 

But, NXT was such a meh show that I had to only talk about a show that paid a great tribute to Jon Huber aka Mr Brodie Lee. 

Yes, it is a cliche saying but it was everything that I wanted and more. 

The show got me right in the feels, man. 

Kudos to AEW for not only providing us with a great tribute show but as well as supporting Jon Huber's family. 

AEW

Highlights. 

Pretty Much Everything.

I usually write bullet point notes during a show but this one was an exception. 

I put down my tablet and just watched the show without worrying about whether I wrote everything about the episode ya know? 

You wanna know the highlight of the episode? Brodie Lee Jr aka -1.


When he hit MJF with that kendo stick, I marked the F out man and if you guys have been a fan of mine, y'all know that I'm not a fan of the MJF character. 

The opening match absolutely KICKED A**. I sometimes forget how agile Colt Cabana is as a performer.

Chris Jericho said in commentary, "if you wanna cry, it's okay, damn it!" and that video package about Jon Huber as a family man made me cry. 


Anna Jay is showing off her technical in-ring abilities that I was impressed by. 

She's getting better and better and it's great to see wrestlers improve. 

Erick Rowan showing up to AEW that led to him bringing a poster that says, "goodbye for now, my brother. See you down the road" was so touching and meaningful given the detailed history between him and Brodie Lee aka Luke Harper. 


And finally, the AEW TNT championship was given to Brodie Lee Jr. 

Tony Schiavone announced via the episode's post-show that the current TNT championship design is retired. 

In my almost 14 years being a wrestling fan, I've never seen a wrestling company (at least in quite some time) that is so generous that they not only supported the family financially but also emotionally. 


AEW providing Brodie Lee Jr and Jon's younger son, Nolan with a lot of aid, should tell you how much the company is doing a great job on honouring Jon Huber. 

Stuff like that makes me feel better and hopeful that they're people who would simply just be there during the most difficult time in our lives. 

All I can say is, thank you, all elite wrestling and most importantly, thank you, Jon Huber. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...