Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Thoughts On Monday Night RAW As Of Late, AEW Full Gear Quick Predictions.

A rare Saturday edition of 5 news week but if you're new here, I publish this weekly news article every Sunday and the format goes like this. 

I report on 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately and I put them in one post (or the 3 News Week if you already read this article). 

Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

Thoughts On Monday Night RAW As Of Late. 

If you've been keeping up with my content on this site (I appreciate you guys for that), then you would've noticed that I haven't reviewed RAW in two weeks.

The reason being is that it is honestly a type of program that you didn't miss AT ALL. That is bad news especially since we're on the road to Survivor Series. 

In my opinion, it wasn't the case even a few months ago. 

This week's episode was so forgettable,  I had to watch the YouTube highlights to remember what I watched.

WWE has one man leading the creative ship across two brands (RAW and Smackdown) in Bruce Prichard and yet, RAW feels like it was put together by a different head writer (and I obviously do not mean that in a good way). 

WWE Trademarked "Chigona Bomb". What Does That Mean!? 

On October 9th, WWE filed for the trademark "Chigona Bomb". 

Here's what the trademark describes: 

"IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports via an online community portal."

It hasn't been officially mentioned as to what it's meant for. 

However, based on a couple of sites that guessed what it means, "Chigona" means badass in Spanish and it probably belongs to NXT star, Raquel Gonzalez. 

It is also interesting to point out that WWE has trademarked names for NXT UK so…. 

WWE Working On "Something Different" For The Royal Rumble 2021? 

via WWE

As I've mentioned before, Survivor Series is coming up and we as fans, have already got some speculations regarding the Royal Rumble PPV and how the event would play out differently. 

From WrestleVotes, it pretty much describes the header above but it does say at the end that WWE wants fans even if it's for that PPV only. 

Honestly, the Thunderdome works just fine for the Royal Rumble. 

It is disappointing though that we're not going to see a big crowd's reaction after a certain big-name shows up. 

It is what it is. 

AEW Full Gear Quick Predictions. 

By the way, apologies for not posting this week's Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays (an article series where I recap NXT and AEW Dynamite). 

I do have quick predictions for AEW's second annual Full Gear event to fill out so here it is (my predictions are highlighted in bold letters): 

Hangman Adam Page vs Kenny Omega. AEW World Championship Number One Contenders Tournament Finals 

Cody vs Darby Allin For The AEW TNT Championship. 

FTR vs The Young Bucks for The AEW World Tag Team Championship. 

Matt Hardy vs Sammy Guevera In An Elite Deletion Match. 

Orange Cassidy vs John Silver. 

Chris Jericho vs MJF. If MJF wins Then He Joins The Inner Circle. 

Hikaru Shida vs Nyla Rose For The AEW Women's World Championship. 

Jon Moxley vs Eddie Kingston For The AEW World Championship In An I Quit Match. 

PPV length time: 3 hours vs a lifetime. 

Alexander James On His Experience Wrestling In Italy.

I rarely showcase an interview that isn't a WWE star but hey, blame the resident WWE shill that is ya boy Omar. 

So. My man, Frank Mandolini of the Last Minute Wrestling Podcast did a notable yet excellent interview with WXW and GCW's Alexander James. 

For those who do not know, James is an 11-year veteran in the pro wrestling business with his work spanning in promotions like CZW and the 

aforementioned WXW and GCW. 

By the way, he's also a trainer at the WXW camp. 

During the interview, Alexander was asked about his time wrestling in Italy: 

"I've been in Italy for rising sun {an Italian wrestling promotion}. I'm looking forward to going back when all of this pandemic stuff is behind us and people are healthy and well. 

I was there for two shows that were held on the same day and it was a hell of a good time. 

I got to go there on a Friday night around seminar and I was there for the two shows on a Saturday and it was a fantastic promotion. 

It was a fantastic place to be, and I think Italy is, unfortunately, one of the very many countries in Europe where because they don't have a very big wrestling scene or there's not a big wrestling fandom in that country, they're independent promotions, and they're talent that don't get a lotta play. 

But, they're some extremely talented people in Italy that if people just pull the matter of they can just travel out a little bit more.

Whenever I get the chance to shine a little bit of the light on the Italian independent wrestling scene, I try to talk it up because more eyes should be there. 

I wanted to grow into a healthy thing, and there's so much talent that can be plucked outta there, and that can do great things."

I came across Alexander James on GCW Josh Barnett's Bloodsport (that might have to do with a podcast that I'm working on) and it is so cool to see Last Minute Wrestling Podcast interview people that I watch like Rob Van Dam or Alexander James.

If you somehow stumbled around this site and want to use the transcript, please credit this site and its original source.  

You can listen to the entire thing below. 

Listen to "Ep. 42: Alexander James, wXw/Bloodsport wrestler" on Spreaker.



What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...