Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: The Parking Lot Brawl On AEW Dynamite Was Shot In One Take!?, The Reason As To Why Will Hobbs Was Signed With AEW.


Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

The Parking Lot Brawl On AEW Dynamite Was Shot In One Take!? 


This week saw a parking lot brawl on AEW Dynamite that had me thinking whether this bout belongs in the conversation of best TV matches of all time. 

But, you might be surprised that the match was filmed in one take if you watch a sh*t tone of WWE or some action movies according to Tony Khan in a tweet reading…..


If a match made me think of putting in the list of best-televised matches of ALL TIME should tell you how outstanding the fight was. 

If you haven't seen it yet, go out of your way to watch it.  

Another Update Regarding Ivar's Injury. 

I wrote about this on last week's post but to sum it up, Ivar of the Viking Raiders suffered a cervical or neck injury during an 8 man tag match on RAW two weeks back.

via wwe.com

And, based on PWinsider's report, it looks like Ivar isn't returning to in-ring action very soon. 

In the report, it mentions that Ivar did recently undergo neck surgery and the recovery time isn't short. 

This not only hurts his partner Erik but as well as the entire tag team division because that division has maybe 2 or 3 teams? 

This might be wishful thinking but I hope WWE is taking notes regarding the state of tag teams in their rosters. 

WWE 2K Battlegrounds Used Tessa Blanchard's Image. 


via 2K

WWE 2K Battlegrounds just came out and no, I did not play it unfortunately because I'm broke. 

Some content creators got the game before it's release and one of those creators, NewLEGACYinc noticed a drawn image that looked a lot like Tessa Blanchard (which it was her).


The likeness of Tessa Blanchard was used in the tutorial of the game's Royal Rumble match. 

The person that shot the image, Basil Mahmud, called out 2K (with a tweet later deleted) for not asking his permission to take the photo that he took. 

Mahmud did later say that he spoke with the folks over at 2K and the image will be removed in the latest patch of the game. 

Let me give everybody reading this an advice about the situation and how YOU can avoid this. 

If you're a broke boy or girl and want to use royalty-free stock images, Unsplash and pexels are two great sites that I've used for years.

However, if you don't mind paying up for images for commercial use or any other purposes, sites like Adobe Stock, IStock, ShutterStock are all fantastic options. 

Look, I've made the mistake of getting the images from a Google search before and it isn't ethical. 

Especially since artists pore in a lot of hard work into their designs with little to no pay. 

So, guys, do the right thing by putting it a little extra effort on research. 

The Reason As To Why Will Hobbs Was Signed With AEW. 

The Reason? 

Well, to put it simply, it was due to how Tony Khan was impressed by Will Hobbs' performance on an episode of AEW Dark as an enhancement talent. 

That was according to the most recent edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (from Sescoops). 

The report goes on to say that his push did begin at All Out. 

I agree with the owner of AEW on this one.  The dude is legit impressive. 

Daniel Cormier Had Some "Early Conversations" With WWE? 

In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Cormier (a fan of pro wrestling, by the way), mentioned how he's had some "early conversations" with WWE: 

“We’ve been talking,” Cormier told Sports Illustrated. “We’ve spoken to some of the people over there in very, very early conversations. WWE is a company I’ve watched and loved my entire life.”

Daniel did go on to tell that he would like to work in the commentary: 

“Put me at the commentary table,” Cormier says. “Let me call the matches for six months and tell you how great these wrestlers are in the ring. I would love that, and I wouldn’t be faking it. WWE is something I’ve loved my entire life.”

I am not too familiar with Daniel Cormier's work but I can feel his passion for the wrestling business based on reading that short discussion. 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...