Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Where Has Austin Theory Been?, RVD On How He Reacted About His Injuries Back In The Day.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

The Recent Episode Of Monday Night Had Rewrites For What Reason? 


black framed eyeglasses and black pen

It is not a shocker to most fans that Monday Night RAW, as well as Smackdown, gets a LOT of rewrites in their programming. This news is indeed not surprising.  

From PWinsider and Mikey Johnson, the rewrites that happened late in the process were for adding backstage segments with "the usual chaos that we have seen from the tapings as of late".   

Where Has Austin Theory Been? 


That's a great question, headline but you know who does? Dave Meltzer, apparently. 

(From Cagesideseats) according to him, Austin Theory has been "in an unannounced suspension" 

Tom Colohue added another layer to this story, saying in Sportskeeda's Dropkick DiSKussions podcast quote: 

"This is a situation that is very much personal to Austin Theory. There is a lot of moving parts to it. So I have to be careful with what I say. He has been gone a while with no mention because to put it simply; the WWE still aren't sure whether he will have a job by the end of it." 

Colohue did note at the end that Austin is suspected. 

I do not know what Austin did that warrants a suspension but we will find out at some point. 

Ariane Andrews Aka Cameron Is Not Signed With AEW!? 


Ariane Andrew, Former WWE Superstar Cameron, Arrives in AEW
via AEW Dynamite

Ariane Andrews was recently at AEW's women's tag team cup tournament in a losing effort against the team of Anna Jay and Tay Conti (and no, I didn't watch the tournament. I just pulled the results via the interwebs in case you were curious). 

Andrews revealed on her show on YouTube along with Matt Dillon (the guest was WWE's own, Naomi) that she is not all elite (from Post-Wrestling): 

“So since we are spilling tea, I’m gonna keep it 1,000 percent so everyone can hear it right here, right now. I am not with AEW. That was just a little something, something. A little something, something."




A New Program Is Coming To The WWE Network. 

Future Episodes Of WWE Timeline on WWE Network Revealed – The ...


It's called WWE Timeline and it basically analyzes certain rivalries that took place in WWE. 

Mauro Ranallo does the narration. quick thoughts on it, it was great like all WWE network documentaries. 

The production value gets an A* alone. 

WWE Timeline is available on-demand now on the WWE Network the free version.  

RVD On How He Reacted About His Injuries Back In The Day. 

via WWE

Rob Van Dam recently had an in-depth interview with my man, Frank Mandolini of the Last Minute Wrestling Podcast on different topics such as Rob's documentary "Headstrong", wrestlers court, the Speaking Out movement etc. 

During the discussion, he expressed working in the ring while suffering a series of injures like concussions back in the day:

"It was my personal policy through-out my career to never admit you know, if I was… I wouldn't even use the word "hurt". To me, being hurt meant that I can't work otherwise I wasn't hurt. 

So, anytime I got a concussion or even broken like some small bones that I can still workaround, I would never tell the promoter or anybody about it because I wouldn't be able to work the next day you know. 

And I felt like I could keep going, just tape myself up so I can't never blame you know, anybody but myself for getting the injuries but then also for working you know, with the injuries." 

The man behind the 5-star frog splash went on to talk about how those injuries affect him today thanks to his RVDCB venture: 

"Now, because I also wanna help you know like I said, with the awareness, with the education. 

If I get a concussion now, I don't mind talking about it afterwards you know after the match. 

Well, I'm not knocking myself out there which I try not to. I'm trying to lean into a healthier life and that's important to me too you know, which includes a lot. 

CBD is part of it. I got stem cells. I take a lotta brain supplements and I'm always trying to research whenever I can because I wanna help the cause you know for me and for all my peers." 

Thanks to Frank for the interview. It’s really good and you can check it out below.





What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...