Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: SummerSlam 2020 Happening Outdoors!?, How Long Is Zack Ryder Aka Matt Cordona Going To Be In AEW?


Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

The Initial Plans Regarding The Aleister Black/ Seth Rollins/ Murphy Storyline.

WWE Photo


Aleister Black's first L taken on Monday Night RAW a few weeks back at the hands of the Monday Night messiah was underwhelming, to say the least. 

With that being said, there's a reported original plan on Black's role in this storyline. 

According to Wrestling Observer Radio (From Sescoops), the plan was for Aleister Black to be "taken out" by Seth Rollins and his disciple, Murphy aka an "injury angle". 

The way Aleister's currently written is honestly concerning. I for some reason, didn't mind him as a "white knight" for Rey Mysterio. 

But, this past week's episode of RAW was a visual representation that the company doesn't know what they want to do with the striking man from Amsterdam.  

SummerSlam 2020 Happening Outdoors!? 

Fantasy Booking WWE SummerSlam 2015 | PWMania.com


There are many and I repeat, MANY stories in relation to SummerSlam happening outside of the PC which makes sense considering at the end of WWE's official announcement, they stated, "new location for the event is forthcoming".

Mikey Johnson said on PWInsider Elite (from Cagesideseats) that WWE is doing the show at "a beach or a boat". 

Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp added to this story saying that WWE is aiming for SummerSlam outdoors: 

"WWE could possibly run outdoor locations for Summerslam, according to some of the murmurs within the company. They should. UFC got a lot of buzz for a Fight Island that looked exactly like the rest of their shows. WWE could do something different." 

Wrestlevotes has some tweets about SummerSlam taking place outdoors. 

One of which was how the company is looking at a Northeast (it's in the New York/New Jersey/ Massachusetts/ Connecticut area for all you slow mofos) 
outdoor location with limited fans. 

I get it that they want to make this year's show unique among the rest of the PC shows but I feel like it would've saved them a lot of headaches had they just hosted the show at the performance centre. 


How Long Is Zack Ryder Aka Matt Cordona Going To Be In AEW? 


"Woo, woo, woo, AEW knows it" (boy, that was awful). The innovator of the Ruff Ryder is now All Elite. 

The question is, how long is the long Island native going to be on Wednesday or Tuesday nights? 

Wrestling Inc and Raj Giri reported that Cordona is with the company for a "five appearance deal with the company." 

So, basically, Matt's working in a short term deal which I'm honestly fine with. He fits in the indie scene if I'm being frank.  

Top WWE Officials "Chewing Vince's Ears" On Tessa Blanchard!?

On Sportskeeda's Dropkick DiSKussions podcast, a little birdie told Tom Colohue that people within WWE were and I quote, "chewing Vince McMahon's ear off" (metaphorically speaking of course) about signing Tessa Blanchard to World Wrestling Entertainment. 

*John Oliver voice* Cool. 

Big E On Spreading Awareness of Systematic Racism. 

Plans for Big E. Langston Babyface Turn Revealed | Bleacher Report ...

Now, this is a great interview. Speaking with Yahoo, Big E shared his story on spreading awareness of systematic racism and social justice in WWE programming: 

"We went and had a conversation with our boss, Vince McMahon, and he was completely on board. We felt like that even if it was just a five-second gesture, it was important to let people know that the things that affected them, we were feeling too. We’re not above this because we’re on TV or because we make money, we’re still people. I was born Black, I will die Black, I have lived my life as Black American much longer than I will ever be a WWE wrestler.”

Go and read the rest of the interview because it's simply fantastic. This quote from Big E doesn't do the interview justice. Please check it out. 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...