Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: There Was Supposed To Be A New Nation Of Domination Stable!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

Why Did The Sasha Banks And Asuka Match Have A Head Scratching Ending?

WWE Photo


The boss and the empress of tomorrow had a match of the night at Extreme Rules this past Sunday but the ending is a different story. 

So, why did an over-complicated type of an ending like this was written into the PPV? 

Well, good old Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez stated on Wrestling Observer Radio (From Cagesideseats) that the finish was layed off like that so that the rematch (which was announced on the recent episode of Monday) will happen. 

The hope for that is to "pop a number" in the ratings. 

In other words, it was a reported marketing decision (no f'ing sh*t, Omar). Hey, at least we're getting a rematch, right? 

Mike Bennett On Contemplating Leaving Pro Wrestling. 

WWE Photo


Mike Bennett aka Mike Kanellis along with his wife, Maria Kanellis, took part in an interview with ROHStrong podcast. During the interview, Mike at one point, actually thought about leaving pro wrestling (from Post Wrestling): 

"So, I will be brutally honest and I honestly, I hadn’t discussed this with anyone but my wife. 

But, there has been a period of time over the last three months where I have contemplated not wrestling anymore and just doing something different, and I don’t know if that’s a mix of emotions of the pandemic and mixed with WWE sucking the ever-living life out of me and making me absolutely hate professional wrestling. 

But, there was a good two-month stretch where I had made up my mind pretty much to not wanna wrestle anymore. Fortunately, I don’t feel that way anymore, and I genuinely, I don’t know what the future holds." 

Fortunately for Mike Bennett, he later adds that he doesn't feel this way anymore because Bennett is more motivated than ever. 

To be honest, I'm glad that he has that passion back because the dude's TNA run was great and he felt like a main eventer. 

I'm hoping that other promotions see that potential in the guy. 

There Was Supposed To Be A New Nation Of Domination Stable!? 

Nation Of Domination by TheElectrifyingOneHD | Black wrestlers ...

The Wrestling Observer Radio is at it again on this week's 5 New Week. 

This time is regarding what he had heard about a new Nation Of Domination stable? Wha?  

According to everyone's favourite journalist, the plan for the new stable is to apparently have Ron Simmons (the original leader of NOD until early 1998) make the group this past week on RAW. 

Obviously that plan didn't come to light if you've seen the recent episode, however, Meltzer teased that the plan could happen. 

Not gonna lie, I'm not 100% intrigued at this idea but who knows? If the plan executes on TV, it could be the best thing on that program. 

Monty Brown Not Interested In Returning To The Ring According To Reports. 

PHOTO: Former TNA/WWE star "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown resurfaces ...


Monty Brown aka Marcus Cor Von has been retired from the pro wrestling business since 2007 and this piece of news isn't surprising. 

Fight Select and Sean Ross Sapp (from 411Mania) basically tells that "numerous attempts" were made by Impact Wrestling to reach out to Monty Brown for in-ring return but Brown essentially dropped the offer. 

Who's Surprised That SummerSlam This Year Ain't Happening In Boston!? 


The title says it all. A few weeks back, PWinsider and Mike Johnson pretty much said that SummerSlam in Boston ain't happening. 

Instead, it's going to take place in *a bit of drum roll*, the performance centre because like the headline above, who's actually surprised? 

Two days ago, WWE has made it official that SummerSlam will not take place in America's Ireland and "new location for the event is forthcoming". 


I mean, where are they gonna go? Where? Where? Where? 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...