Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Florida Men In Government Talks About The Relationship Between WWE And The State.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 .major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

Tony Khan Wrote All Recent Episodes Of Dynamite All By Himself? 

AEW Owner Tony Khan hits Shawn Spears with a Stone Cold Stunner ...


I've talked about Tony's other position as a writer for AEW on the February 16th edition of this very series and it's always interesting to read the stories involving the creative process of AEW television. 

AEW's Dynamite show had recently aired its last set of filming and for the most part, they were fantastic and it's all thanks to one man, Vince Russo *stutters* I mean, Tony Khan. 

From PWInsider and Mikey Johnson, The owner of AEW wrote all of the Dynamite scripts that were eventually taped in Georgia after he realized that the show was going to have a small crew because of the shut down across the country of US of A.

The American nightmare himself, Cody has also helped Tony Khan's creative process serving as his "right hand" guy. By the way, It's interesting to note that Best Friends wrestled 4 times over the past 24 hours during filming so shout out to them for the hard work.

I'm a bit frustrated after reading that Dynamite is going live next week given that we're in a unique circumstance that is risky but nevertheless, Tony Khan basically pulled a Phoebe Waller-Bridge from Fleabag so kudos to the guy. 

Florida Men In Government Talks About The Relationship Between WWE And The State. 

10 Things You Must Know About Retiring to Florida


Speaking of companies that I'm frustrated with during this pandemic, WWE. Now, in a press conference, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis discussed the important relationship that the state has with WWE (from sescoops): 

“I helped recruit, I wanted the wrestling to be filmed in Orlando. I’d like them to do WrestleMania. They were going to do WrestleMania in April. That was hundreds of millions of dollars. I want to keep that good relationship. I want them to invest in Florida." 

The following day or so, DeSantis announced in a meeting that fans I repeat, FANZZZZA, are allowed to enter arena shows such as WWE but the place needs to hold 25% capacity. 

UPDATE: I realized that the 25% capacity doesn't include sporting events but rather restaurants, food establishment, retail stores, museums and libraries. To put simply, The "phase one" executive order that the governor of Florida issued, had in fact, no connection with sporting events (no sh*t, Omar). My bad. 

Keep in mind, this is the same governor who said last week (from NBC News) "We're not doing in-person sports yet, no matter what. That's just not going to happen in May".

According to him, May is a no no but June and July? Hell Yeah I mean it's only a month or 2 away right? (sarcasm of course). What kind of M Night Shyamalan twist is this? 

This is some bull, bruh. I don't want to get too political but those government officials care about one thing, the economy and not lives. 

Georgia lifted the shelter-in-place rule and because of it, a 1000 new cases were reported the same day. All I'm saying is, protect yourselves, listen to the health experts and STAY. THE. F. HOME. 

Apollo Crews Is Actually Dealing With An Injury!? 

WWE Photo


It bears repeating that Apollo Crews' recent push is a positive move and having WWE build some sympathy for Apollo by writing off WWE TV with a leg injury sustained by Andrade elevates the narrative they're telling. 

However, The injury tells another story and that story is, Apollo Crews' injury is real according to Randall Ortman over at Cagesideseats. 

Ortman's reporting is reliable for the most part and if true, Crews' probably going to lose some steam that the company has sprayed for weeks and that's sad. 

Also, This is one of the main reasons why I hate WWE resuming their shows and it is this. Injuries will, unfortunately, have the health professionals work more hours in addition to new cases reporting to the medical facilities every day. 

Hours before writing this article, news broke out that Kevin Owens has an injury which is why we haven't seen him on TV since Wrestlemania. I don't know what to say other than the pandemic really exposed a lot of Aholes. 

The WWE Higher Ups Are Heavily Interested In Cal Bloom!? 

Former UCF Knights TE Cal Bloom Makes WWE TV Debut on Smackdown ...


Cal Bloom, the son of Wayne Bloom (aka Beau Beverly) made his main roster debut in a squash match against Sheamus on the April 10th edition of Smackdown. 

But, WWE doesn't look at him as an enhancement guy anymore because they see him as a future main eventer. Here's what the source of the story, Wrestlingnews.co had to say: 

"Everyone is comparing him to a young Edge. He is rough around the edges but he has something and Vince thinks he can be a big deal but it will take some time.”

I don't see him as a big deal yet but I'm all for building new stars so why not? 

Christian On His Latest Project With Fite TV. 

Christian | WWE


Fite TV is known for airing PPVs in all genres of combat sports but now, releasing a movie? That's something new. A good friend of mine,  Andrew Thompson of Post Wrestling, recently spoke with Jay Reso aka Christian about Christian's career as well as his upcoming project called "Cagefighter: Worlds Collide" starring the likes of Jon Moxley and notable MMA fighters: 

"Gina Gershon is in the movie as well. Obviously, a well-known actor. She’s done some really big movies and she was great to work with as well. It was just cool how it all came together. It seems like this type of movie is really relevant at this point in time."

(Gina was awesome in Face-Off, by the way). He continues on about the filming of the movie: 

"We shot it up in Saskatchewan in Canada. It was freezing cold that Winter so, like you said, it’s very relevant to what’s going on now. It was a lot of fun to do. Obviously, some big names from wrestling and from MMA involved. So, and obviously… great partnership with FITE to have this streaming with what’s going on in the world, with everything kind of being put on hold here for a little while and hopefully it’ll provide a nice escape for people to check it out." 


Cagefighter: Worlds Collide is available to watch Saturday, May 16th on Fite TV. Depending on how bored I am, I may watch the movie and post a review for it. 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...