Skip to main content

The Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Dakota Kai Enters The Number One Contender's Ladder Match, Yet Another Brodie Lee Segment With An Obvious Vince McMahon Reference

WWE Photo

Happy April 1st or 2nd I should say. I don't have a clever April fools joke because one, I'm lame and two, not the appropriate time. 

Anyways, how do I feel about both shows and which show was the best this week? Both shows this week were okay. If I had to give a score (which I never do) then I'll give it NXT and Dynamite a 6.5/10. 

NXT  

Highlights.

Second Chance Gauntlet Match With The Winner Entering The Number One Contender's Ladder Match For The NXT Women's Championship Next Week. 

WWE Photo

A Gauntlet match? How 2019 of you, NXT (sarcasm of course but with what's going on right now, I wish this was the year 2019).  Shotzi Blackheart took out Deonna Parrazo, Xia Li, Aliyah and Kayden Carter. 

Thanks to Raquel Gonzalez's interference, Dakota Kai hits the go to kick and advances in the ladder match.

The best aspect of a Gauntlet match is that it highlights a particular wrestler that hasn't been showcased anywhere else and Blackheart is a great example of that. I'm all for elevating new stars so I have no problems for Shotzi's performance. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Velveteen Dream vs Bobby Fish - My God, can Velveteen Dream sell his a** off. Dream wins with the Dream valley driver. The winner of the opening match then grabbed the mic warning Adam Cole that he will get worked harder than ever courtesy of the Velveteen Dream. 

Dexter Lumis vs Jake Atlas - Ever since I saw Dexter on the breakout tournament, I was intrigued to see him again due to his slow, chilling presence in his persona and he brought that again this week. 

With the right direction and writing, he's definitely going places. Lumis defeats Atlas with a modified sleeper hold. 

Kushida vs Joaquin Wilde - A meh match. Kushida wins with the armbar. After Joaquin had a short interview outside the performance centre, a bunch of guys with Luchador masks forced Wilde to enter the car. 

Ya know, after Raul Mendoza lost the match to Kushida, he was also captured by those guys. Hmmm.   

Keith Lee vs Damian Priest vs Dominic Djakovic - A solid match actually. Lee retained his championship with his modified jackhammer on Djakovic. 

AEW 

Highlights.

Kenny Omega vs Trent. 

A prettay, prettay, prettay good match. One-half of the tag team champions, Kenny Omega wins with the one-winged angel. 

Cody on commentary was on point in that this match is a main event level fight in any other show. What a superb match. AEW's tag team division continues to be a must witness pertaining match quality. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Hikaru Shida vs Anna Jay - Shida wins with a falcon arrow. It was aight. 

Lance Archer vs Marko Stunt - Before the match, Jake Roberts cuts a promo about how Lance Archer will destroy anybody and insults Cody saying "I'm pretty sure she wears the pants". 

The Snake still delivers great promos like it's the 1980s. A squash win for Archer and he looked amazing as a result. 

Yet Another Brodie Lee Segment With An Obvious Vince McMahon Reference - This segment aired on a meeting that looks like a creative team meeting. 

Lee told his dark follower to stand next to Brodie and that follower replied by calling Brodie Lee "Mr Lee" and "The Exalted One" to which Brodie Lee reacted to that furiously, telling him to only call him Brodie. 

One of the masked men yawned and The Exalted One (my bad, I meant Brodie), said to him that yawning is for the weak and there's no reason to be exhausted. 

I don't mind a few Vince McMahon references in these segments but there are so much of Vince references in it that it's getting way too much to digest. 

I wanted to like this but the amount of winks to the eye is honestly tiresome. You know AEW can build a crazy cult leader without those references right? 

Dark Order vs The Natural Nightmares In Dustin Rhodes And QT Marshall - Rhodes and Marshall take the W in this tag team match with a double team manoeuvre powerbomb position into a cutter. Another okay match. 

Vanguard 1 Spies On Chris Jericho - Chris was trash-talking about The Elite including Matt Hardy while chilling on the jacuzzi. He then saw Vanguard and proceeded to compliment the drone but Vanguard escaped with an Inner Circle shirt. Decent segment. 

Cody And Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara And Shawn Spears - A non-offensive main event of the episode. The heel team wins with a roll-up from Spears to Allin that led to a right hand on Cody. Wow, I didn't expect that ending. 


The question is, what are some of the highlights on both episodes in your opinion? Let me know in the comments below and follow me on Twitter @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...