Skip to main content

A Few News I Guess: NXT Japan Ain't Happening?, Thoughts On Apollo Crews' "Injury".


For those wondering, yes, a new instalment of The 5 News Week will be up next week (if you're new, basically every Sunday, I report on the 5 major or minor news of the week hence the name "5 News Week"). 

It's just something I'm releasing given that I haven't reviewed RAW yesterday. But for now, here are a few news I guess? 

NXT Japan Ain't Happening? 

WWE Wants To Open NXT Japan By The End Of The Year | TheThings


The Japanese wrestling scene is something I'm not all too familiar with (I mean, you're the resident WWE shill, Omar, what do you think?). 

But, I've been keeping an eye on news regarding NXT's latest expansion in the land of the rising sun for several months now and trust me, there are so many reports dating back several months about this topic that will easily fill 2,000 words. I ain't gonna do all of that. 

Almost 2 months ago, Dave Meltzer said in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there's been a worry regarding NXT entering the Japanese wrestling market. Here's the full context of that sentence (from Heel By Nature):

"Right now in Japan there is a lot of concern across the board about WWE entering the marketplace, particularly now when all but the top companies are vulnerable because of being unable to run shows due to the coronavirus.” Meltzer stated. “The idea is that if WWE makes the move soon, most companies will be in a weakened state financially and will have more trouble competing and surviving. "

This is before the exclusive report from Tokyo Sports stating that AJPW and WWE have been in "secretive talks" since last summer. 

Speaking of Tokyo Sports, in their article about the WWE layoffs, there was a brief mention regarding the likelihood of an NXT Japan and the piece basically said that the promotion ain't happening due to the financial cutbacks. 

Honestly, I'm glad that NXT Japan is no more (will see in the future) like let Japan be its own thing when it comes to pro wrestling. 

Thoughts On Apollo Crews' "Injury". 

WWE Photo


I finally caught up with this week's edition of Monday Night RAW and it was boring for the most part (by the way, Samoa Joe is a nice addition to the commentary team). 

However, the best part of this borefest of a show is Apollo Crews' story and where it's leading to. Crews pinned Andrade in a 6 man tag team match with the best looking sit out powerbomb I've ever seen to date. 

Vega was so mad at that pinfall that in a backstage segment, she offered a United States championship match later in the night against her client, Andrade to which Crews obviously accepted. 

Throughout the match, Andrade targets Apollo's left leg and because of the damage done to his leg, Apollo "isn't medically cleared to take part in the Money In The Bank match". 

This whole arc so far has been fantastic to witness and it makes it even better as a fan of Apollo Crews. 

They went from grabbing our attention due to the amount of screen time the guy gets to now building sympathy for Apollo Crews and the eventual payoff will be worth it at least I hope that's the scenario. 

And that's all folks. I hope you enjoyed this short read. The Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays will be up, as usual, tomorrow where I recap both NXT and AEW Dynamite. 

What do you think about the news I just talked about and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...