Skip to main content

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why. 

The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City). 

Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week. 

WWE Photo
Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day. 

This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet. 

Liv Morgan vs Lana.  

WWE Photo
After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further attack Morgan. 

Will see if her betrayal made sense in the coming week but for now, I don't like this. It was really random for Ruby to beat up Liv Morgan. 

Drew McIntyre vs Mojo Rawley. 

WWE Photo
Drew said in a promo before this match that he'll kick Mojo's head off and he fulfilled his promise. Mojo lost the match in less than a few seconds. 

Seth Rollins mentioned in an interview with Charly Caruso that he beat Bork Laser twice last year and he'll do it again once he wins the triple threat match in order to face Lesnar at Super showdown (spoilers, he didn't). 

Kevin Owens And The Viking Raiders vs Buddy Murphy And AOP. 

WWE Photo
I wanna first speak on Samoa Joe's supposed suspension and I say that because one, he's part of this whole saga and I thought it was appropriate for me to talk about it on this section of the review. Two, Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp stated in a tweet quote... 



His reporting from what I've seen over the years is accurate so I trust the guy on this piece of news. 

As far as my thoughts on the 6 man tag team elimination match, it was okay. The Viking Raiders were wiped out thanks to a stomp from Rollins without the ref's knowledge and Ivar's shoulder first hit on the LED board which means that Kevin is all alone. 

He did get rid of Razzar with a stunner but he ate two brutal-looking spinebusters from Akam leading to a win for the heels. 

Aleister Black vs Eric Young. 

WWE Photo

Black continues his undefeated streak with a black mass to which he stated in a promo that he'll kick every member of the RAW locker room's head off. Maybe AJ Styles is his next challenger? I hope so. 

Angel Garza Destroys His Own Cousin In His First Main Roster Showing.  

WWE Photo
Yes, Carrillo interacts with his cousin Angel Garza who by the way I'm a fan of so it's nice to see him in a bigger stage. 

Garza delivers the winged clipper and tried to hit Carrillo with the DDT on the exposed concrete floor but that didn't happen because Rey Mysterio showed up and that led to a match between Mysterio and Garza which was decent. 

WWE Photo

Jerry Lawler calling Angel Garza "Angel Garcia," tells you if the dude is still a good colour commentator or not. 

The match ends in a DQ because Garza successfully delivers the DDT on the concrete floor and the way Mysterio sold it was top-notch acting. 

Charlotte Flair Chooses Whether She Faces The RAW Or Smackdown Women's Championship At Wrestlemania. 

WWE Photo

Flair says that she's held all the gold even the WWE championship (joking of course) to which the NXT champion herself Rhea Ripley came out to say that Charlotte has beaten Bayley and Becky but not Rhea.

Ripley went on to mention that she pinned Charlotte back at Survivor Series last year. Charlotte eventually left the ring and grabbed the microphone to shout "WOOOOOO!". 

WWE Photo

Don't know what Charlotte meant in the end but Rhea facing Charlotte at Wrestlemania is the reason why I stayed patient and not crap on Charlotte's women's Royal Rumble win. 

I'm definitely intrigued as to how this simmers out and this segment was a great start for a possible better build going into Tampa. Will have to wait and see what the queen responds to Rhea's challenge on NXT TV tomorrow. 

Natalya vs Asuka. 

WWE Photo

Natalya at one point delivered a beautiful sitout powerbomb and Asuka kicked out. Asuka locked in the armbar but the queen of hearts somehow got out of the hold and turned it into a suplex. 

The empress of tomorrow got the Asuka lock applied to Natalya after a distraction by Kairi Sane and won the match. Asuka then grabbed the microphone to challenge Becky Lynch for the RAW women's championship and then, out came Becky herself to accept the challenge for next week's episode. 

WWE Photo
Why do I have a feeling that Shayna Baszler will show up next week to either cost Becky the title leading to a one on one match at Wrestlemania or wait for Becky to win so that Shayna will challenge her for the title at Wrestlemania? Either way, I would be surprised if none of those scenarios ever happen. Oh, and I approve Becky's shades. 

Seth Rollins vs Ricochet vs Bobby Lashley. Winner Faces Brock Lesnar For The WWE Championship at Super Showdown. 

WWE Photo

Rollins cut a short promo thanking the audience on crucifying him. Geez, I wonder where I heard that promo before? Anywho, Bobby Lashley was attacked by AOP on the outside during this match while Seth and Ricochet were countering each other's moves.

Ricochet hits the 630 splash on Bobby Lashley and wins an opportunity to face the beast for the WWE title but as soon as he tried to celebrate his big win, Brock Lesnar quickly came to the ring and hit the F5. 

WWE Photo

From a storytelling point, this makes sense but I actually thought that WWE would pull the spectacle card and have Bobby Lashley win. I'm just thinking of how this match will be crafted in a way that amazes me. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Rey's selling after his match with Angel Garza, the opening segment, Charlotte Flair interacts with Rhea Ripley, Natalya vs Asuka. 

Didn't like: Ruby Riott betraying Liv Morgan in Riott's return to TV (I'm hopeful that his Ruby's actions made sense). 

What do you guys think about this episode of RAW? Sound off in the comments below. Follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy and follow this very blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyway, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE SmackDown 29/10/21 | A Coherent Review.

T he blue brand has been really mediocre in recent weeks and this episode was no exception.  Images via WWE.com   Charlotte Flair Was Like, "I'm Done Facing Sasha Banks. It's Time For Newcomers"  That newcomer is Shotzi Blackheart or just Shotzi as she's now known and she got a number one contender's match against the champion herself which is another trope that I absolutely dislike especially since we just saw a number one contender's match as the main event attraction in the latest episode of RAW.  The match between Shotzi and Charlotte, ended with Shotzi losing the golden opportunity for being in the championship picture.  Post-match saw Shotzi's frustrations getting the best of her as she absolutely gave Banks a beating, signalling a heel turn in the process.  Banks doing the beating instead would've fit the scenario a lot better than what I've seen here because that heel turn is as unnecessary as putting oil in boiling water for pasta maki...