Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: TLC 2019 In Minnesota, Scarlet Bordeaux Joins NXT?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

Scarlett Bordeaux Joins NXT? 

This news has kind of confused me for some reason. To summarize this, former Impact star Scarlett Bordeaux has removed upcoming independent dates because she had a WWE tryout last month (from Dave Meltzer and his Daily News Update) but hasn't mentioned her next move. That's when my boy Casey Michael over at Square Circle Sirens comes in. 

According to him, Scarlett has signed with WWE under the NXT brand obviously and has been at the PC for days in preparation for her NXT debut which is "coming very soon". The current plan is to pair her with a male NXT star.

I'm gonna guess that it's Damian Priest because it kinda fits but it's highly unlikely. Casey previous mentioned in a tweet that it wasn't clear whether she'll be an enhancement or a featured talent. 

TLC Takes Place In The Target Centre In Minnesota. 

The Tables, ladders and chairs PPV has been a thing since 2009 and the 11th instalment based on a fun gimmick match will take place in the target centre in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This all came from the arena's website announcement:

"WWE returns to the Twin Cities with its first Pay Per View in over two years! Don’t miss WWE’s Tables, Ladders & Chairs at Target Center on December 15. See you favorite superstars put their bodies and careers in jeopardy at the most dangerous Pay Per View of the year, TLC!"

October 11th which is this coming Friday, is when the tickets will be on sale. 

Is The Mae Young Classic 2019 A Reality Or Nah? 

This was a misunderstanding but I hope that the tournament is a reality. NXT Tickets announced that the fan beloved tournament will take place next month on November 2nd and 3rd at Winter Park, Florida. 

Image

To answer the question in the title above, Sean Ross Sapp over at Fightful stated in a tweet and in their report about the Mae Young Classic 2019 news that it was posted in error. So, the answer is maybe? Look, just because they posted it by accident, that doesn't mean it's 100% false. Think about it. 

Finn Balor On His NXT Return. 

The Irish lad made his return to world wrestling entertainment under the black and gold brand which he talked about it in his interview with Newsweek which by the way, was the theme of that interview but here are the highlights:

About his longevity in NXT: 

"Right now that's what it means. I'm going to wrestle whenever, whoever I want, that's something I've been chasing for quite some time in my career. I don't believe in any boundaries be it weight class, country, promotion... And I want to break those boundaries. I'm here at NXT to do that."

About his nervousness mixing up with the new guys: 

"I have to be honest, it's a little nerve-wracking. The game has changed a lot in NXT since I was here," 

"Seeing the match Cole and Matt Riddle put on tonight, they are two of the absolute best in-ring competitors in the world. So it's a little nerve-wracking to get into the deep end with those guys. It's gotta be a challenge for myself in and out of the ring, and personally, to see if i can still go.

"It's been awhile since I've been here, and the NXT style has evolved incredibly. When I was here it was me and [Samoa] Joe, and back then, I don't want to say it was a slower pace, but it was definitely more rugged here and there. They are going fast, and it's going to be a test for me and I'm looking forward to it."

You can read the rest of the interview here

The Latest Episode Of 205 Live Was Nixed. 

Well, it was quote "a late call" from the higher-ups at WWE according to John Pollock over at Post Wrestling. Instead, WWE played last week's episode on the network because the fans can't tell right? 

Two matches were announced for this episode. One was Tony Nese vs Humberto Carrillo and two was Brian Kendrick vs Akira Tozawa. The social media posting of it was cancelled an hour after it was posted on the interwebs. Maybe they're putting all the cruiserweight action on NXT given that it is a 2-hour show now? I don't know but we will find out hopefully very soon. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Smackdown 24/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This week's Smackdown show was decent but it wasn't as strong as the previous weeks and *hits his head a few times* here's why.  The New Day Celebrates Their Title Victory. The show kicked off with the now 8th time WWE tag team champions, The New Day and like the title above, they were celebrating their big title win last week (No sh*t, Omar).  During the segment, Kofi mentioned that there's nothing wrong with pointing out that they have more title reigns than The Hart Foundation, Edge and Christian, Demolition, The New Age Outlaws etc because it's them being proud of their accomplishments.  Out came Lucha House Party, The Miz and John Morrison and they pretty much said that they deserve a title shot. The Forgotten Sons showed up to tell The New Day, Lucha House Party and every other tag team watching that they will never be forgotten.  They lived up to that statement as the Forgotten Sons destroyed Lucha House Party and The New Day.  ...

WWE RAW 28/12/20 | A Bit Late Coherent Review.

Before I start this review, I wanna say rest in peace to Jon Huber better known as the person behind the character of Luke Harper and Brodie Lee.  It was a tough, painful 3 days for the pro wrestling industry and I certainly felt that.  If there's one thing I've learned from the number of great stories being told by the people he has worked with is that Jon is a charming, funny and overall a fantastic human being that loves his family.  After reading the countless amount of fantastic tribute posts (including from the likes of Molly Belle of Wrestle Inn and Andrew Thompson of Post Wrestling ), that bit about Jon as a family man made me think of my current relationship with my father and the ways I'm trying to improve from my standpoint.  I know this is a cheese pizza saying but tell the people you cared about that you love 'em because that line might make their day.  So. Thank you, Jon Huber, for being the light that brightens everybody's darkness.  Now, Ho...

WWE Wrestlemania: Backlash 2021 | A Coherent Review.

Wrestlemania: Backlash or as I like to call it, Backlashimania, gets an enthusiastic thumbs up for me. I enjoyed the hell out of this PPV overall.  Images via WWE.com The opening intro was narrated by the greatest of all time, Batista and it was straight badass despite the fact it was pretty much a promotion for Zack Snyder's new film, Army Of The Dead.  If you've read my about page, then you'll know that I ain't talking about Zack Snyder movies because his fans are…… never mind.  Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair vs Asuka For The RAW Women's Championship.  Charlotte with the Cruella De Vil inspired ring gear was to quote Dolph Ziggler's old theme song, "perfection". The opening bout was fast-paced, high octane action that didn't have a slow/dull moment.  All of these women utilized quick grapples and strikes to their advantage.  Charlotte was this close to capturing the title but she was pushed to the outside, nailed the riptide to Asuka and that...