Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Mostly Wrestling Interview Quotes Edition.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.

Jake Hager On Being "Lost In The Mix" In His WWE Run.

One of the members of the newly formed stable "the inner circle" Jake Hager, recently was the interviewee for Sports Illustrated and Justin Barrasso. At one point during the interview, The man formerly known as Jack Swagger was asked about his you guessed it, his WWE run:

“I was lost in the mix there [in WWE],” said Hager. “When I look now at guys like Cesaro, guys like Bobby Lashley, they’re just lost. When I look at them, that whole cloud of doom comes right back over me. I’m so glad I’m not in that. It’s something you deal with within big companies, but it’s also about how they treat their talent. They know exactly what they’re doing, and I hate to say it, but it’s on purpose.

“They want you lost in there so they can control you. They don’t control me anymore. Now, I’m finally being portrayed in the way I always should have.”

Good on him for building his star power outside of titan towers whether its on the octagon in Bellator or inside the square circle (get it? Inner circle? Circle?).

I was not a fan of his earlier run from 2009 till like 2013 when he paired up with Zeb Colter and they had very good chemistry and you can't forget the pairing that is Cesaro and Jack Swagger. They were just perfect as a team.

Rusev Will Show Up On RAW This Coming Week.

So basically, Rusev saw his wife eating with Bobby Lashley or Bob as The Bulgarian Brute would like to put it, in a restaurant.

Rusev stormed in and layed in some lefts and rights to the almighty (don't know if he's still referred that but whatever) which led to the Cleveland police taking Rusev into custody.

Rusev was released by the police department according to WWE even though Lana and Lashley didn't press charges.

The storyline that pisses off most of the fanbase continues.

The Rock & Roll Express To Present The AEW World Tag Team Titles on This Wednesday's Dynamite.

The tag team legends in the biz that recently won the world tag team championship of their own in the National Wrestling Alliance are indeed going to present the AEW world tag team titles to the winner of the Lucha Bros vs SCU in Scorpio Sky and Frank Kazarian this coming episode of Dynamite. I'm going with the Lucha Brothers on this one. Man, that tag team division is so good.

Booker T On The Origins Of The Spinaroonie.

Another day, another history lesson ingrained in our brain and this time it was about how Booker T's spinaroonie came to be in "The Story Of" YouTube series (shout out to Wrestlezone for the transcript):

"The Spinaroonie came from my days as a dancer,” he said when describing the origins of the move. “I was a breakdancer, pop locking days, and back in the days when they had the beat box, and the cardboard box. I never played sports or anything like that, and the Spinaroonie was just something that was just a part of the dance. I remember the first time that I did it in a wrestling ring, I was wrestling in Dallas, Texas. It was my debut there, my brother and I were wrestling a couple of guys, and they didn’t like us too much in Dallas.”

Gangrel On Quitting The Adult Industry.

You read that right. The blood spitting vampire known as Gangrel mentioned his brief stint with the adult industry as a director among other things in his interview with WrestlingINC:

"I put a pinky toe in and jumped out real quick because it got me so much heat and negativity that I backed out. I directed one scene but it was a stupid decision. Sometimes with porn, everybody secretly kind of likes it but they publicly shame it. It backfired so I’m gonna stick with what I know in pro wrestling. I might be only somewhere in the middle with wrestling, but at least I know it and love it and can commit to it 100 percent.”

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...