Skip to main content

WWE NXT 10/7/19 | My Coherent Review.

Image result for matt riddle vs kassius ohno
A very good edition of NXT TV and with the announcement of a few matches on next week's shows, it seems that we’re getting another good episode. You'll know what I mean by that if you read this review. 

Io Shirai Addresses Her Beatdown To Candice LeRae 2 Weeks Ago. 

WWE Photo
Io Shirai came out with new theme music which is a great choice made by the NXT management given that her older theme doesn't fit her darker evil persona (no shit, Omar). 

Io Shirai basically said that she doesn't need a friend or anybody for that matter and slowly walked off. A segment that's short but a segment I can get by. 

The Velveteen Dream Had A Press Conference Apparently. 

The Dream was asked a number of different questions that includes about his next challenger for his North American championship. Cathy Kelly mentioned Roderick Strong calling Dream out so could we see Roderick Strong as The Velveteen Dream's next challenger? 

I sure hope so. I also did find it funny when Velveteen Dream called Cathy Kelly as "Queen Cathy". Don't have a good reason as to why but it just did. 

Damian Priest vs Blanco Loco. 

WWE Photo
Blanco Loco lost this one to the Archer Of Infamy referring to Damian Priest of course with a running roundhouse kick of some sort. 

Jordan Myles vs Boa. NXT Breakout Tournament. 

WWE Photo
Jordan Myles was very impressive in this match up. Boa, however, showed his ruthless aggression *Vince McMahon voice* with a series of knee strikes but it didn't put Myles down because Jordan Myles won the match with the 450 splash. It was fine for what it was. 

Shayna Baszler was asked about Mia Yim and Baszler said that Mia's story is generic and Baszler's story as champion will still move on. 

Apollo Crews is coming back to NXT to face Kushida as well as Adam Cole's first title defence and that all happens next week on NXT. I'm calling it right now, next week's show is the greatest NXT episode of all time (I'm obviously joking but I hope that's the case though). 

The Street Profits vs Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch for the NXT Tag Team Championship. 

WWE Photo
This was a good one. Danny Burch at one point, delivered the crossface and Montez Ford broke that up with a kick on Burch's back which I rarely see a babyface (referring to Ford) do that so that's a plus for me. 

The match ends with a vicious looking spinebuster from Angelo Dawkins and a frog splash from Montez Ford and The Street Profits retained the NXT tag team titles. 

After the match, Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish came out and pointed the NXT titles from the stage area. Excellent *Mr. Burns' voice*. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos: 

Like: The Street Profits vs Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch for the NXT Tag Team Championship. 

Didn't like: Nothing. 

Sound off in the comments below on what do you think about NXT this week? Follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy and follow this very blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 7 Best NXT Takeover Theme Songs.

Everbody likes to put on some good music. You like good music. Your friends and family like good music. However, what makes a song good is completely subjective but in my opinion, NXT are nailing it with their takeover theme songs and I'm ranking them on a glorified subjective form of content and that is list videos/articles or in my case a top seven list. Without further ado, Here are my top seven best NXT takeover theme songs.  7. Serpents by Neck Deep   The reason why I like this song so much is that   it gives me some early 2000s punk rock which by listening to this song, it feels like they're paying a homage to that era. overall a good listen that depending on how old you are will give a nostalgic feel like I did.  6. Ace Of Spades by  Motörhead Now, l like me some Motörhead. Triple H's current theme and the evolution theme song is some of my favourite theme music of all time and this is no exception. The only critique I have for this song ...

Wrestling With Whiteness | A Documentary Sorely Needed.

Here's the thing. My 2 viewers will know that I've been a wrestling fan for 15 plus years but what they do not know is that I've been a Somali (aka a Black Muslim person) my entire life so talking about this documentary is going to be a little more personal, to say the least.  And look, I know this is the part where I insert my usual wit and fart jokes but you're not gonna see less of that because this is a serious topic (and you know it's serious when I mentioned my ethnicity) about representation and the shared struggle across every single black performer featured in this documentary.  From the press release, Wrestling With Whiteness "focuses on sharing the stories of Black folx and their experience in the wrestling community. Using a combination of interviews with Black wrestlers and Black content creators, Wrestling With Whiteness uncovers the unique experiences of Black people in the industry and the rise of representation for performers and fans around th...

A Guide On How To Improve Wrestling Criticism.

Now, before you all verbally eat me alive like a hippopotamus (yes hippos eat humans, look that up), understand that I’m just an average dude writing about pro wrestling and doesn’t claim to be an expert in anything and that includes professional wrestling (except cooking. I’m damn good at cooking).  However, what I’ve been discovering as a pro wrestling blogger for over a year is that there are some wrestling criticism out there that just make me wanna scratch my head to the point where my hands turn into an electric shaver if that makes sense. For instance, “Why is Ricochet’s trunks red instead of white?” or “Why’s Andrade wearing his Luchador mask for his entrance every week?”  In other words, they’re nitpicking and trust me I do that ALL THE TIME in my wrestling reviews. There’s nothing wrong with nitpicking certain things but the difference is that I acknowledge that I’m nitpicking and those guys clearly don’t.  There are fans out there on the interweb that b...