Skip to main content

WWE NXT 13/6/19 | My Coherent Review.

Don't why they tapped this episode in Bel Air, Maryland but I like an ecstatic change even though I prefer the Full Sail arena. As far as how I feel about this episode, it was a wrestling heavy show and I like it very much. 

Also, sorry for the bad quality images. Might have to do with the location. 

Io Shirai and Candice LeRae vs Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir. 

WWE Photo
During the match, Shirai hit a stomp on Duke's arm similar to what Shayna Baszler usually does as a payback. The match ended in a DQ which I don't exactly know why. Maybe it's because all of those women in the match were on the outside brawling?

 Also, the crowd started to chant "let them fight" which I'm glad they're enjoying this but for some reason, I'm not invested in this feud but there was one highlight in their feud where Shayna was humiliating Io's best friend in Kairi Sane. 

I know she's an NXT UK star but I feel like a Jazzy Gabert queen of spades feud is a rivalry I would much prefer mainly because Jazzy would bring an interesting dynamic between Gabert, Baszler and the gang in Duke and Shafir considering that Jazzy is much stronger in size and Shayna's technical style would mesh together beautifully but that's just me. 

Kushida vs Drew Gulak in a Submission Match. 

WWE Photo
From an NXT Takeover highlight reel of the North American title match, a selfie promo from the Velveteen Dream, a Damian Priest vignette that says he's debuting next week to this amazing match. 

I especially love Mauro Ranallo's call in this match. Whether it's him saying that Kushida spins like a fidget spinner or him saying that Kushida is faster than 5G. 

He pretty much enhanced this match. Obviously, In those types of matches, you're gonna expect different submission holds being applied by both men. Kushida won the match with the kimura lock. If I could suggest something, I want a Kushida vs Kyle O'Reilly match like right now. I wanna see it so that once that match is great I will watch it over and over and over and over and over again. 

So after that, The BFFs in Vanessa Bourne and Aliyah were quote "giving some food for thought" on Mia Yim's looks. Also, A steel cage match between Shayna Baszler and Io Shirai for the NXT Women's Championship is scheduled for NXT TV in two weeks and even though I'm not fully invested in this feud, this match sounds amazing to witness. And, The Undisputed Era leader in Adam Cole is gonna have a celebration of some sort for next week's show which should be interesting. 

Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch vs The Undisputed Era in Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong. 

WWE Photo
This was a good encounter between those two great tag teams. That was the exact opposite of the Kushida and Drew Gulak match in the sense that it's a strike fest which I love by the way. 

Jaxson Ryker of The Forgotten Sons came out and distracted The Undisputed Era which led to Burch pinning O'Reilly via a roll up aka a big victory for Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch. That's how the show ended in less than 46 minutes and a heel team vs a heel team is something I'm not interested in at all but we all know that the crowd would be cheering for Undisputed Era once the match is officially underway. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos: 

Like: Kushida vs Drew Gulak, The Undisputed Era vs Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch. 

Didn't like: None. 

Sound off in the comments below on what do you think about NXT this week? Follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy and follow this very blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 17/8/20 | A Bit Late Coherent Review.

This episode was A. S. S. Probably one of the most boring episodes I've seen all year.  The show was basically the Christmas episode/ the new year episode that came 4 months early.  And yes, I did post the Monday Night RAW review last Wednesday just like today (which is Wednesday) but it isn't going to be permanent though.  The reason why I posted the review a day late is that, life. Just life.  pictures via  WWE.com Drew Talks About What Randy Did To The Nature Boy Last Week.  McIntyre's reaction to what Randy did to Ric Flair was a feeling of disgust saying that Orton without question, heinously attacked a friend, a mentor and a father figure. As Drew continues to talk about how he'll beat the sh*t out of the legend killer, there were some technical issues that plagued the entire segment.  And who was responsible for that? Well, it was none other than Retribution.  Drew saw the verbal chaos going on f...