Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Mostly AEW News Edition.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. Sorry for not posting The 5 new week for two weeks straight, I've just been busy for the past few Sundays now. 

AEW To Air Their Weekly Programming On Canada’s TSN Channel? 

To all the Canadians especially, read up because according to Jason Agnew (who's a Canadian television producer), he stated in a tweet that AEW is in talks to air their weekly show on TSN or The Sports Network if you don't know what the abbreviation stands for. 

He further elaborated by saying that the deal is quote "not a No from the network". Fun fact, this is the same network that aired both RAW and WCW's Monday Night Nitro. 

Obviously, that's not gonna happen considering that WWE aires both RAW and Smackdown Live on Sportsnet 360 (No shit, Omar). 

An Interesting Statistic That’s Been Brought Up About Sami Zayn’ Direct Reference of AEW.

So, a Reddit user by the name of JJSmith1987 showed an interesting statistic on the Square Circle SubReddit about how Zayn's mention of AEW on the third hour of RAW before the main event got a big spike in search results. 

via jjsmith1987


WWE Superstars Thinking Of Jumping Ship To AEW. 

Angel Rodriguez over at wrestlingnews.co wrote a fantastic article about how WWE stars were thinking of leaving their current spot to AEW mainly because of the brutal WWE schedule. 

Rodriguez mentions the Observer Newsletter's version of the story and a great Jon Moxley interview with Wade Keller seemly confirming the Observer story. 

Now, Dave Meltzer noted in the Newsletter that the NXT stars also thought of leaving WWE which is interesting. 

News On WWE’s Current Plan With The 24/7 Title. 

The 24/7 Title. That title got some mix opinions from fans and pundits alike but it seems like the title is not going to go away anytime soon. From The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the current plan for the championship is to have the title be defended on their social media accounts at the performance centre in between shows. 

Funny enough, Wrestlingnews.co and Angel Rodriguez brought up an interesting point about how the FOX side of things will have any effect on that title (which trust me, it will) considering that FOX wants more of a serious product which you can click here to learn more about that. 

Also, Jinder Mahal just took the 24/7 championship at a golf cart in minutes before Truth got the title back which was an entertaining segment so there's that.  

Batista On Going Broke After Not Resigning With WWE In 2010. 

Dave Batista was recently in the Denver Pop Culture Con and revealed that he struggled after not resigning with WWE. Here's what he had to say about that: 

"I starved for three years. I went broke. I lost everything. I couldn’t get a job and I said that I will never go back to wrestling until I prove what I set out to prove, and that was that I can make it as an actor.”

He then went on to talk about how he didn't want to be an actor in the first place:

“I had zero interest in acting, all I wanted to do was wrestle. I loved wrestling, I was obsessed with wrestling, and I went and did a film as a favor for a friend and I realized I was horrible. I was a horrendous actor. I was so mortified that I wanted to prove I could be better. WWE would not allow me to do anything outside of the company.”

Read the rest of the conversation via WrestleZone by clicking here. 

What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy. Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...