Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown Live 13/11/18 | My Coherent Review

Smackdown Live was while not a great show, it was a much better go home show than Monday Night RAW. Why you ask? Well, I’m gonna tell you what’s good, what’s ok and what’s bad. Now, on with the review. 

WHAT’S GOOD

The Opening Segment

WWE Photo
The show started off with AJ telling that he’s going to beat Brock Lesnar this Sunday until Paul Heyman outta nowhere showed up and grabbed a microphone. 

Paul then went out of this way to praise AJ’s work as a wrestler and a champion. Styles then stated that while he lost the match itself last year, he, unlike Brock, wasn’t limping. 

Daniel Bryan showed up and warned AJ not to mentioned his name which was rather odd. AJ then mentioned his name and then a brawl happened. 

After that, they announced the main event for this show for the WWE championship which if you read my what’s bad section, you already know my thoughts on it. Overall a good segment. 

WHAT’S OK

The Miz vs Rey Mysterio

WWE Photo
Okay, match. Rey won with a crucifix pin and then Randy Orton tried to hit the RKO to Rey Mysterio but Rey reversed it and Randy instead delivered the RKO to The Miz which I thought it was funny.


Paige calls out the entire Smackdown Live Women’s division 

WWE Photo
Like the title stated above, Paige calls out the entire women’s division including the champ herself Becky Lynch and she picked Charlotte as her replacement to face Ronda Rousey at Survivor Series in Los Angeles. This might be a dumb question for most of you but did the hug from Becky to Charlotte indicated that Becky is now a full fledge babyface? 

Look, it is possible that a rematch between Ronda and Charlotte will happen at Wrestlemania but considering that WWE promoted the Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey match like crazy (in a good way of course), it’s highly unlikely that WWE will go that route but will see how that match itself turns out. 

The New Day vs The Bar and The Big Show 

WWE Photo
Another Okay match. The team of The Bar and The Big Show won with Big Show delivered the KO punch to Kofi Kingston.

WHAT’S BAD

Andrade “Cien” Almas vs Jeff Hardy

WWE Photo
I don’t mind the match itself because it was decent but I do have a problem with Andrade losing matches, hence losing his momentum. 

It’s one thing to lose few matches but it’s another thing to not only being featured less on the show but also lose several matches in a row and I get that it’s impossible to feature everybody in major roles but come on. 

Andrade “Cien” Almas is a great talent and I hope that it’s temporary but given how the Smackdown creative team treats its mid-card champion, it’s unclearly that it is. 

AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship 

Bryan is the new WWE Champion!
I thought this was a much better match than their encounter two weeks ago until the ending. Styles was aiming for a phenomenal forearm but Daniel Dodged it and hit the referee instead. Bryan then low-blowed Styles without the ref's knowledge followed by the running knee and just like that, Daniel Bryan is the new WWE champion. After the match, Daniel Bryan started to hit a beat up AJ Styles with a smile on his face. 

I respect WWE going for an unpredictable route but I absolutely don't like the heel turn because WWE in terms of top singles wrestlers, has more heels on their roster than babyfaces and you need an equal level of heels and babyfaces so him turning heel doesn't make sense in my opinion. 

I will say this, the two positive things coming out of this is one, the match that I've wanted to see for years now is happening this Sunday and two, the ending gives me a reason as to why I should watch Smackdown Live next week. I'm afraid that the heel turn will damage Daniel star power if that makes sense but I will give this a chance and hopefully I could enjoy this side of Daniel Bryan. 


Sound off in the comments on what do you think about Smackdown Live last night and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 20/4/20 | A Coherent Review.

This episode of Monday Night RAW felt like if last week's show had a sequel if that analogy makes sense?  It didn't have a new, fresh take on the show and they instead played it safe which is fine. In this case, adding a few risks will definitely help the show from the overall feeling of emptiness metaphorically speaking of course.  Drew McIntyre Addresses The Man That Stomped Him Twice.   McIntyre opens a Monday Night RAW show with a promo for the second episode in a row. He wasn't shocked that Seth Rollins attacked him last week due to his new price possession and how the superstars want that taste of gold.  Angel Garza's music hits and the current United States champion, Andrade, strikes Drew but that led to not one but two claymore kicks on Andrade.  A decent opening segment. Did its job on building the main event match between Garza and Drew McIntyre. It must be cool for Angel Garza to go one on one with THE WWE champion. A definite car...

WWE RAW 3/2/20 | My Coherent Review.

I thought I would never say this but so far, I'm actually looking forward to Super showdown 2020 and this episode further explains why.  The red brand did a great job on building two upcoming shows and WWE should be applauded for that in my opinion (also, the crowd tonight was on fire. Shout out to Salt Lake City).  Randy Orton Respond About His Actions Last Week.  Following a brutal attack from the viper last week and a video package to open this very show, Randy explains his actions by not explaining much saying that he can't do this with a storm of boos that rivalled Salt Lake City's snowstorm earlier that day.  This was a brilliant segment. He continues to show emotion about what he did last week despite not saying much. It was short but sweet.  Liv Morgan vs Lana.   After the second victory in a row for Liv Morgan, Riott Squad leader Ruby Riott returned to betray her best friend and Lana used that attack from Ruby to further...