Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 1000 | My Coherent Review.

Now, I haven't reviewed Smackdown Live last week (I didn't even review RAW last night because It was so bad and boring that I wasn't even in the mood to review it) but wasn't worth the week off? No, this show was disappointing in the sense that it felt like another episode of Smackdown Live and not a 1000 episode celebration in my opinion. Why you ask? Well, I'm gonna tell you what's good, what's ok and what's bad. Here we go. 


WHAT'S GOOD

Truth TV 

WWE Photo

Before this, they played a video package to celebrate 1000 episodes of Smackdown which was great. Even though Stephanie McMahon was on that segment and the fact that Vinny Mac actually danced in the ring, this was surprisingly a good segment and a good way to start the show in my opinion. 


The Evolution Returns 

The Animal says Triple H changed this business, runs this business and is this business, and he claims Triple H has done everything in this business… “except beat me.”
I’m not saying this because I and everybody else love evolution but this was great. Dave Batista cutting that promo was great. The thing I loved about that was the passion he put on It and it’s something that I wished WWE would incorporate that to their fellow WWE wrestlers. Now as far as that tease Batista gave for a possible potential match between himself and Hunter, I don’t know how to feel about that and yes they put on great matches together but that was 13 years ago. 

The Cutting Edge

Edge doesn’t think Becky made the right choice when she threw away her friendship with Charlotte, and he recalls how he left a trail of burnt bridges when he was in WWE, but those choices will “stain your soul.”

Man oh man, I love Edge’s theme song and by the way, Becky Lynch is still over. Anyways, this was a great segment at just forgot how good edge was good on the mic and don’t get me started on how good Becky was on that segment. 

WHAT’S OK 

Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles vs The Usos 


WWE Photo

Smackdown 1000’s first match and it was okay. I expected a great tag match given that The Usos, Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are great workers. The Usos takes the W in this match with the double superkick to Daniel Bryan. Great finish in my opinion and it protected the WWE champion. Noice! 


Rey Mysterio vs Shinsuke Nakamura 


WWE Photo

Both guys fighting for a tournament that doesn’t really mean anything except that you are “the best in the world”. Match itself was decent. Mysterio wins with the 619. I really wish Nakamura is used a bit more considering that he’s the United States champion and he hasn’t defended the championship for over a month now. 

WHAT’S BAD

Rusev vs The Miz


WWE Photo

Well, that was a quick one. The Miz wins this match with a roll up. That finish was a way to build up the feud and I understand that but I’ll rather have a longer 10-minute match between Rusev and The Miz than this but I’m just nitpicking. 


The New Day vs The Bar for the Smackdown Live Tag team Championship 


... and sends him crashing through the table with an earth-shaking Chokeslam!

That was a great match until the big show shows up. Why? I have NO idea whatsoever. Huh? Oh, by the way, The Bar are your new Tag team champions and also big show turn heel again. Great (sarcasm). 


The Undertaker promo 


The Deadman has just three words for D-Generation X...

“Rest in peace”. There I described the whole segment. That was a terrible way to end this show. 


Sound off in the comments on what do you think about Smackdown 1000? Follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions and stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Eyeing On New Creative Writers.

Last week on RAW, The McMahon family announced that there will be new faces and fresh match ups. What better way to invoke change than to seek out new writers with different ideas right?  WWE are actively seeking for new writer's assistant positions with at least two years in writing television and or/ production experience and preferably but not necessary, a degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Journalism, Communications, English, or related field of study.  For everyone who thinks they can do it better, here's your opportunity. Merry Christmas! https://t.co/FJch1rOXCM — Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) December 24, 2018 What do I think of this? As long as Vince is in charge, unfortunately, nothing is going to change for the better of the product but that's just me.  Let me know in the comments on how you would change the WWE product and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

WWE RAW 13/9/21 | A Coherent Review.

Ya boy took a week off of talking about wrestling which is something I usually need after watching a single episode of Monday Night RAW but consistency is key, people!  In recent weeks, however, Monday Night RAW doesn't feel like mental torture and the latest episode is no exception.  Images via WWE.com Big E Was Like, "I'm Definitely Cashing In My Contract".  The lovable wholesome gyrating big man name Big E interacted with Randy Orton as well as Bobby Lashley ahead of the WWE title match between Bob and Randal.  The reason is obvious. Big E wants to cash in seeing Becky Lynch's mother again (that's not it?).  All lame jokes aside, the big man did cash in the contract to become the NEW WWE champion later in the episode after a successful title defence from Bobby Lashley against Randy Orton.  Words cannot describe how f**king happy I am seeing one of my favourite performers finally capture the gold which was long overdue if you ask me.  I will go as far as to

Top 3 BEST Distraction Finishes EVER!

Distraction endings to a wrestling match in WWE depend on one another if you think about it. It's like the peanut butter and jelly or the chicken and the basmati biryani rice or Dan Lambert and sexism.  "Why top 3", you may ask? Because one, I'm different and two, well, I'm different, so be gone to the mofos that think it's shorter than Brock Lesnar's bout with Kofi Kingston.  (WARNING: This piece is mostly sarcasm).  Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus. Wrestlemania 28.  I know this made your eyebrows raise as high as Rocky Maivia but think about this. The kiss from AJ Lee that led to a brogue kick from Sheamus, has in some way, led to the general audience seeing how Daniel Bryan should be WAY higher in the overall arc than where he was at that time.  Also, this was also the year where Bryan showed off his comedic chops with his "NO" catchphrase and his tag team run with the big red conservative, Kane.  If anything, this distraction finish was a great chara