Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 1000 | My Coherent Review.

Now, I haven't reviewed Smackdown Live last week (I didn't even review RAW last night because It was so bad and boring that I wasn't even in the mood to review it) but wasn't worth the week off? No, this show was disappointing in the sense that it felt like another episode of Smackdown Live and not a 1000 episode celebration in my opinion. Why you ask? Well, I'm gonna tell you what's good, what's ok and what's bad. Here we go. 


WHAT'S GOOD

Truth TV 

WWE Photo

Before this, they played a video package to celebrate 1000 episodes of Smackdown which was great. Even though Stephanie McMahon was on that segment and the fact that Vinny Mac actually danced in the ring, this was surprisingly a good segment and a good way to start the show in my opinion. 


The Evolution Returns 

The Animal says Triple H changed this business, runs this business and is this business, and he claims Triple H has done everything in this business… “except beat me.”
I’m not saying this because I and everybody else love evolution but this was great. Dave Batista cutting that promo was great. The thing I loved about that was the passion he put on It and it’s something that I wished WWE would incorporate that to their fellow WWE wrestlers. Now as far as that tease Batista gave for a possible potential match between himself and Hunter, I don’t know how to feel about that and yes they put on great matches together but that was 13 years ago. 

The Cutting Edge

Edge doesn’t think Becky made the right choice when she threw away her friendship with Charlotte, and he recalls how he left a trail of burnt bridges when he was in WWE, but those choices will “stain your soul.”

Man oh man, I love Edge’s theme song and by the way, Becky Lynch is still over. Anyways, this was a great segment at just forgot how good edge was good on the mic and don’t get me started on how good Becky was on that segment. 

WHAT’S OK 

Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles vs The Usos 


WWE Photo

Smackdown 1000’s first match and it was okay. I expected a great tag match given that The Usos, Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are great workers. The Usos takes the W in this match with the double superkick to Daniel Bryan. Great finish in my opinion and it protected the WWE champion. Noice! 


Rey Mysterio vs Shinsuke Nakamura 


WWE Photo

Both guys fighting for a tournament that doesn’t really mean anything except that you are “the best in the world”. Match itself was decent. Mysterio wins with the 619. I really wish Nakamura is used a bit more considering that he’s the United States champion and he hasn’t defended the championship for over a month now. 

WHAT’S BAD

Rusev vs The Miz


WWE Photo

Well, that was a quick one. The Miz wins this match with a roll up. That finish was a way to build up the feud and I understand that but I’ll rather have a longer 10-minute match between Rusev and The Miz than this but I’m just nitpicking. 


The New Day vs The Bar for the Smackdown Live Tag team Championship 


... and sends him crashing through the table with an earth-shaking Chokeslam!

That was a great match until the big show shows up. Why? I have NO idea whatsoever. Huh? Oh, by the way, The Bar are your new Tag team champions and also big show turn heel again. Great (sarcasm). 


The Undertaker promo 


The Deadman has just three words for D-Generation X...

“Rest in peace”. There I described the whole segment. That was a terrible way to end this show. 


Sound off in the comments on what do you think about Smackdown 1000? Follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions and stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...