Skip to main content

Roman Reigns Relinquishes The Universal Title Because He Has Leukemia.

Image result for roman reigns leukemia
I have a sad and unfortunate news to break. Two hours ago on RAW, Roman cut a great promo pretty much stating that he's been living with leukemia for over 11 years and the disease's return forced him to give up the universal championship. The segment ended with both shield members Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins gave a group hug to Roman and did the triple shield fist pump. Ever since that, fellow WWE superstars reacted to the news on Twitter and here are the tweets so far.

WWE Raw: Oct. 22, 2018









 WWE then issued a statement on this and here's what they have to say.

Tonight on Monday Night Raw, Roman Reigns (aka Joe Anoa’i) announced that he is relinquishing the WWE Universal Championship and taking a leave of absence from WWE as he once again fights leukemia, which had been in remission since late 2008. Reigns is taking his battle with leukemia public in an effort to raise awareness and funds for research in order to advance cures for the disease.”

 What do I think of this? I hope and pray that Roman Reigns will recover from this and come back stronger than ever before. #ThankyouRoman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide On How To Improve Wrestling Criticism.

Now, before you all verbally eat me alive like a hippopotamus (yes hippos eat humans, look that up), understand that I’m just an average dude writing about pro wrestling and doesn’t claim to be an expert in anything and that includes professional wrestling (except cooking. I’m damn good at cooking).  However, what I’ve been discovering as a pro wrestling blogger for over a year is that there are some wrestling criticism out there that just make me wanna scratch my head to the point where my hands turn into an electric shaver if that makes sense. For instance, “Why is Ricochet’s trunks red instead of white?” or “Why’s Andrade wearing his Luchador mask for his entrance every week?”  In other words, they’re nitpicking and trust me I do that ALL THE TIME in my wrestling reviews. There’s nothing wrong with nitpicking certain things but the difference is that I acknowledge that I’m nitpicking and those guys clearly don’t.  There are fans out there on the interweb that believe their c

Finn Balor Is Indeed Out Of Action.

A couple of days ago, WWE announced that Finn Balor suffered an injury and didn't specify on what the injury was. His last match, by the way, was a triple threat match at a house show last Wednesday in Santiago, Chile against Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre to which McIntrye won.  It turns out that Finn wasn't dealing with an injury at all, at least according to Mike Johnson over at  PWinsider . Instead, Balor is dealing with an illness and couldn't continue the Latin America tour. Finn is also unable to compete on the Mixed Match Challenge, replacing him with Apollo Crews. But the powers that be believe that he's 100% ready for TLC next week. Here's what he had to say about that via Twitter:  I am sorry I could not preform in #WWEBuenosAires Lo siento no pude competir en #WWEBuenosAires — Finn Bálor forEVERYone (@FinnBalor) December 7, 2018   I wish him nothing but a speedy recovery.  By the way, I report on the 5 major or minor news of the week in on

AEW Dynamite 1/6/22 | A Coherent Review

Ever since I saw that Monday was the day that AEW Double Or Nothing was happening, I knew I wouldn't be able to review a 4-hour show due to the fact this thing called "productivity" kept me occupied.  While the PPV was good, it's just way too long. Oh, and this episode of Dynamite was also pretty good.  Summer Of Punk Is Back.  The difference is that he's not going to lose to some guy named Paul Levesque.  The new AEW champion teamed up with FTR to face Max Caster and the a** men.  And of course, their a** wasn't enough to win the match as they lost to a finish formerly known as the shatter machine.  A decent but surprisingly short opener considering how that company loves their matches to be Stranger Things episode 9 levels long.  The segment didn't end here as NJPW legend Hiroshi Tanahashi appeared on Dynamite and pointed at the world title belt.  Let's freaking go, boyz.  Fans Went From Saying, "F**K YOU MAX!" To "Not Gonna Lie, My Ma