Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown Live 11/9/18 | My Coherent Review.

Smackdown live was overall a good show. Why you ask? Well, I'm gonna tell you what's good, what's ok and what's bad. Here we go. 


WHAT'S GOOD


Jeff Hardy vs Shinsuke Nakamura

WWE Photo
The promo before this was okay however that was a goooood match. Better than their in counter at SummerSlam. Jeff was about to beat Nakamura, however, randy outta nowhere pushes hardy on the outside hence Nakamura retains the championship and Jeff wins via DQ. They had a brawl that was better than the brawl last night on RAW I'll tell you that much. 

Samoa Joe telling a bedtime story in a good not boring way. 

Image result for samoa joe bedtime
 I thought from the editing to the design of the book to the way Samoa Joe express the story was fantastic. The thing I LOVE about this is that it's a outside in the box type of promo package that worked. Man, I can't wait for this match. On Sunday night when the PPV airs, I think I'm gonna call my local "WENDYYYS" (My goodness that was awful like what were you thinking Omar?). 

WHAT'S OK

Charlotte vs Sonya Deville

 WWE Photo
Decent match. Not sure why she requested that match of all thing but again a decent match. Charlotte wins with the figure eight submission. After the match, Becky Lynch dressed as a fan beat the crap out of Charlotte and that made her a babyface (No shit, Omar). 

The Bar vs Rusev day

WWE Photo
Another decent match. By the end of the match, Sheamus was aiming the brogue kick to rusev but instead English pushed Rusev to take the kick and that's what he did. Rusev then delivers a machka kick to Sheamus, pins him and wins the match. They're now the number one contender for the tag team championship. This match crowd reaction wise will have a WrestleMania feel in my opinion. 


Brie Bella vs Maryse

 WWE Photo
Pourquoi is the question I ask when RAW airs on Monday nights. Anyways, this was more of a showcase and a build up for this feud because that was a mediocre match at best even though I understood why it was like that. After the match, the IT couple in the miz and maryse beat the crap out of them and them bryan distracted the miz so that brie bella can punch miz in the face and that's how smackdown live ended.

WHAT'S BAD

 Andrade "Cien" Almas vs R Truth 

WWE Photo
I mean this was a way to gain a bit of momentum but a werid one for almas considering that he lost clean to bryan even though I don't mind that win.  Almas wins with a roll up which was again a weird finish like why can't he beat him with the hammerlock DDT but I'm just nitpicking. 

Sounds off in the comments below on what do you think about SmackDown live this week and follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...