Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: NXT UK In TROUBLE!?

 Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

Former WWE Writer On Backstage FEARS Coming From VINCE MCMAHON!? 

On an episode of Freddie Prinze Jr's "Wrestling With Freddie" Podcast (I know it's a week or so old, sorry), his co-host Jeff Dyke noted regarding the fear Vince McMahon had created backstage and James Vega was like, "yea, that's true" (from WrestlingInc): 

"I can confirm that, I've heard that from a ton of people already."

In other news, Italians hate anything garlic related in their food. 

Who Does Ciampa Want To Work With On RAW? 

The answer is a lot of guys telling Wrestling Inc: 

"There's a plethora of guys I want to have programs with — not just matches, like programs: AJ Styles, and Finn Balor, and Kevin Owens, and Seth Rollins, man. I've been on the road with [Seth], and it's just like, geez, he's good. He gets it. He's good. Randy Orton when he's all healthy and stuff and gets back."

NXT UK In TROUBLE!? 

Terf Island is looking really spooky right now and it does make sense since NXT UK has the same viewership as Brad Shepard's Patreon. 

Everyone's favourite, Dave Meltzer of F4Wonline heard some information regarding the uncertainty of NXT's D- brand, (yea, Omar we get it. You got it from WrestlingInc): 

"There is a lot of uneasiness within the NXT UK crew, the next two sets of television tapings were canceled on 8/9. The reason given was that BT Sports Studios, where they tape, had to be used for football/soccer coverage. 

But as you can imagine with the talent how the reaction is, given you could tape somewhere else and shutting down tapings is never a good sign. Nobody really has been told anything."

There Wasn't ANY CREATIVE INFLUENCE From Vince McMahon Regarding NXT 2.0!?

At least if you believe what Shawn Michaels had to say in an interview with Bleacher Report: 

"When Hunter first left, it became all me, and certainly from a television standpoint," Michaels said while speaking with Bleacher Report. "Matt Bloom is the head coach and takes care of everything from a PC training standpoint, but when it came to "NXT 2.0" television, that's something myself and my team took over creatively. I know a lot of people thought Vince and Bruce were doing that. I can promise you, they did not have the time to do "NXT" television. If it's good or if it's bad, that's on me."

Yea, that's right. All the distraction finishes and "once best friends now bitter enemies" cliche? ALL MY IDEA! 

Adam Cole CLEARED To COMPETE!?

Davey boy Meltzer got some news for us. According to him via the Observer Radio, he mentioned that the man behind The Chugs is cleared to compete "relatively soon". 

Let's freaking go. 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 11/2/19 | My Coherent Review.

This go home show makes me wanna go home if I was an attendance of this show. In other words, RAW wasn't good and here's why.  Opening Segment.  The show started off with The Authority. A stable that I actually don't mind but that a different topic. Anyways, they run down the Elimination Chamber PPV card. After that, The Man Becky Lynch came out and Triple H said that he will lift the suspension if Becky apologizes to both him and Stephanie.    Becky then told Stephanie to shut her face and she refused to apologize. The segment ended with Hunter giving her two choices. Either Becky apologizes to them or Becky's WrestleMania match is off.  Compared to the segments on RAW and Smackdown last week, this was underwhelming.  Sasha and Bayley vs Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan vs Nia Jax and Tamina. Loser enters first in the Elimination Chamber match.  The match was fine. During the match, Bayley delivered two stunners on the ...

A Guide On How To Improve Wrestling Criticism Vol.2

Last spring, I wrote an article about how to critique pro wrestling better aka "a guide on how to improve wrestling criticism" . I got some positive takes on it but the question is, why did I produce the second edition?  Well, you have to thank the awful videos and articles that I, unfortunately, consumed but at least, I wrote down some notes that contained the number of bad critiques that I was passionately blasted down on.  Like I mentioned in last year's piece, I am just an average fan that doesn't claim to be an expert in any form of criticism because YouTube will definitely give you the "I'm right, you're wrong" type of content.  This is just a learning process for not only the viewers reading this but myself as we all are trying to get better.  Without further explanation, let's guide you  to a better critique in wrestling (at least I hope so) numbra dos.  #1. Focusing Too Much On Logic (and no, I'm not talking abou...

AEW Full Gear 2020 | A Coherent Review.

While Full Gear was a big improvement compared to All Out, the pacing in their PPVs still needs a LOT of work.  I was yawning way too much in the 2nd hour even though I had a 9-hour sleep yesterday.   With a card like this, it doesn't need to be 4 hours.  Oh, and that Serena Deeb and Allysin Kay match on the pre-show was decent.  Kenny Omega vs Hangman Page. AEW World Championship Number One Contender's Tournament Finals.  Hangman Page doesn't have time to play "sportsmanship" as he's nailing Omega with some brutal elbow strikes throughout the first 10 or so minutes.  Speaking of brutal, Page delivered a devastating powerbomb on the stage ramp to Omega and then a sitout powerbomb in the ring to a near fall.  Unfortunately for Hangman, he was taken out with the one-winged angel from Kenny to win the entire tournament.  An enjoyable opener although it could've been just a tiny bit better but I'm nitpicking.  The elite brand will have an an...