Skip to main content

WWE RAW After Wrestlemania 38 | A Coherent Review.

The RAW after Wrestlemania where for a while, we're told that we cheer the bad guys and boo the good guys. 

Not gonna lie, last year's RAW after Wrestlemania was one of the worst of all time and I'm happy to tell you that this year's show is nowhere near that. 

That doesn't mean it was spectacular spiderman levels of good, it was just decent for what it was presented. 

Cody Rhodes Is Going To Win Titles As A Thank You To The American Dream As Well As The People. 

The headline pretty much described the entire segment other than the fact that SR The Drip Mane, Seth Rollins interrupted the guy and shook Cody's hands. 

I'll tell you this, it's far better than his Anthony Ogogo promo last year. The more I don't talk about that moment, the happier I'll be.

Sasha Banks And Naomi vs Rhea Ripley And Liv Morgan. If Rhea And Liv Win, They Face Banks And Naomi For The Women's Tag Team Championship. 

Ah, yes. The "beat the champion in order to get a championship match" cliche aka the Smackdown vs RAW Gm Mode booking decision. Unfortunately for the women dressed in black, they lost to the tag team champions with that beautiful electric chair drop into a code breaker. 

A tease of some dissension between Morgan and Ripley and if they do pull off the turn from Rhea then I'm all for it honestly. 

A sight (no pun intended) Edge to Rhea's character can do wonders for the persona.  

Kevin Owens Encounter A Guy Named Ezekiel. 

And no, it isn't the return of Ezekiel Jackson. It's just Elias with a shaved bread and some wrestling trucks which he looks like an enhanced talent from the early 90s or as to call it, Marty Jannetty. 

VEER FINALLY CAME. LET'S GO! 

After The Miz defeated Dominik Mysterio  (shout out to him for that beautiful gear), Veer Mahaan showed up after months of vignettes and gave both the Mysterios a BEATING. Viagra will do wonders for guys. 

The only thing that's missing with Veer Mahaan right now is a theme song remix by Snoop Dogg. 

Other than that, I'll give this a thumbs up. 

Bianca Belair Said, "Screw That Becky Lynch. Y'all Deserve A Better Champion." 

Headline once again describing the entire segment. Nice work, headline! Now, go be snarky over at Fightful.com 

Who's going to be her next challenger? Well, I don't have predictions but I do have hopes. I'm hoping that she and Rhea Ripley would square up at some point. 

Hell,  I'll take a triple threat match between Belair, Ripley and Liv Morgan at Wrestlemania Backlash that will lead to an eventual one on one match. 

Bron Breakker vs Dolph Ziggler For The NXT Championship. 

That match really stood and delivered (BOOOOOOOOOOOO! That was horrible). 

It's been a while since I covered anything regarding NXT (it's been 3 months, Omar! You're acting as if it's been 3 years). 

An odd choice to not air this match on this week's NXT 2.0 but whatever, I guess. 

The breaker of Bron defeated Dolph Ziggler to become the NXT champion.

MVP Turns On His Friend, Bob. 

MVP aligned himself with Omos instead which I'm surprisingly not mad at. 

Omos needs a mouthpiece and Montel is a great choice to fill that role even though I think Omos wrestles as well as Eva Marie and has the charisma of a porn actor. 

Zelina Vega Blamed Carmella For Costing The Women's Tag Team Championship. 

Zelina Vega saying that Corey Graves is a handsome man is as truthful as any announced Wrestlemania attendance numbers. 

After Carmella ran from a beatdown by Vega, She and her partner, Corey Graves, to quote Katy Perry, "kissed and make up".  

Cool. 

Finn Balor And RKBRO vs Austin Theory And The Usos. 

Austin, once again, pinned the US champion which has to lead to a US title match, right? Or is it a way to make both Finn Balor and the US championship irrelevant? 

The Street Profits vs Alpha Academy In A Texas Tornado Match

A decent tag team affair. Montez's frog splash aka from the heavens will never be tiresome. 

A frog splash through a table though? I guess they're going to take my money because that's exactly how the match ended. 

Edge And Damian Priest Took Down The Phenomenal One. 

The duo between Edge and Damian Priest is something I didn't know was a great idea but now I do. Fortunately for the man that they don't want none, the refs stopped Edge from hitting the con-chair-tos to Styles. 

I'm hoping their eventual rematch is, you know, enjoyable this time. 

And the final thing that happened on this show was a Roman Reigns promo, telling the universe to wait till this Friday to witness the next step in his dominant run. 

Eh, at least it was a short and sweet promo. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Edge and Damian Priest are cool, Bron Broke Dolph Ziggler's run as NXT champion, VEER FINALLY CAME! 

Didn't like: The US championship doesn't mean anything at this point, "Corey Graves is a handsome man". 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...