Skip to main content

THE Coherent AEW Take: Dax Harwood Cash Wheeler BEST AEW Dynamite Match EVER!?

AEW delivered a solid, enjoyable week of programming which that statement alone is as predictable as a distraction finish. 

Rampage. 

Highlights. 

HOOK Said Something. 

I know it's weird that a piece of dialogue is the only highlight of this episode but considering that Hook hasn't uttered a single word and his intimidation factor, made this scene pretty memorable. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

Tomohiro Ishi lost to Adam Cole In The Owen Hart Foundation Tournament - Not gonna lie, seeing two performers from two different brands while Orange Cassidy and Rocky Romero were roaming around ringside felt like I was watching gameplay of WWE 2k because of how random this entire thing was. 

Jade Cargill retained the TBS championship against Maria Shafir - that one-legged pin from Cargill into a leg bar from Shafir was *chef's kiss*. 

Lance Archer DESTROYED Serpentico - Somebody check on Luther because his friend is getting destroyed and I'm not sure if he feels good about that. 

Eddie Kingston defeated Daniel Garcia - Garcia's chest is looking as red as Eva Marie's hair which has to be the weirdest comparison I've ever made. 

Dynamite. 

Highlights. 

Dax Harwood vs Cash Wheeler. Owen Hart Foundation Tournament. 

I've never had the thought of splitting them up at least for one match and man, that "light bulb" turned out to be one hell of an idea. This was, by far, the best match from the Owen Hart Foundation Tournament. 

Kinda reminded me of when they split up Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa just for the cruiserweight classic. 

After a quick sequence of near falls pin, Dax got him with an inside cradle to advance into the tournament. 

Hikaru vs Serena Deeb In A Street Fight. 

Unfortunately, the crowd was kinda cooled off during this entire bout but I damn sure wasn't because this encounter ruled harder than Mansa Musa. 

Deeb has been built into a solid challenger for the AEW world women's championship so the big W for her just made all the sense in the world. 

Some Other Things That Happened. 

CM Punk was like, "I like you fans but also, that AEW title is mine" - Eh. 

Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley and Wheeler Yuta defeated QT Marshall, Aaron Solo and Nick Coromoto - Yuta being part of the Blackpool Combat Club is a nice addition. 

Wardlow defeated Lance Archer - Aka two of the best theme songs in AEW today but unfortunately, we don't get to hear one of them because of that POS, MJF. 

Eddie Kingston really doesn't like Chris Jericho - Yea, no f**king sh*t, Omar. 

Rey Felix is back, boys - Happy to see the man. 

Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish and the Young Bucks defeated Brock Anderson, Lee Johnson, Dante Martin and Varsity Blonds - I'm smelling a turn from Adam Cole to The Young Bucks at some point. 

Scorpio Sky took back the TNT championship against Sammy Guevara in a ladder match - Aka the Sasha Banks and Charlotte Flair of the midcard division but the difference is that their matches were actually good. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE NXT Takeover: XXV | My Coherent Review.

Look guys, I don't need to tell you this. This was a great show. Now, you're probably be asking "if you don't need to tell me this then why are you to quote yourself, TELLING ME THIS!?" Good question but the reason why is because I like to talk about great pro wrestling.  Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong.  An absolute must rewatch match for me and a must watch for you guys if you haven't seen it. Match started off with some amateur wrestling style takedown from both guys.  Then, Roderick Strong hit a modified back suplex on the ring apron. By then, Riddle hits Strong with a brainbuster. Riddle had the highlight of that match by hitting Strong with a go to sleep (yes, that go to sleep) into a German suplex with a bridge.  Roderick hits a powerbomb pin into a Boston crab then the match ends with Riddle delivered with a move that I wish I knew what the name of it was.  Street Profits vs The Forgotten Sons (in Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake) vs The Undi...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...