Skip to main content

The 5 News Week: Peter Dune Now BUTCH!? WHY!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor pro wrestling news, rumours and spoilers of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week. 

WWE Makes MORE CHANGES For WRESTLEMANIA!? 

It's specifically related to the women's tag team championship and how instead of the match being a standard tag team match between Carmella, Zelina Vega, Sasha Banks and Naomi, the championship encounter will be a fatal four-way tag team match. 

The reason being is that Liv Morgan and Rhea Ripley pinned the tag champs this past week's Monday Night BORE and Natalya "YEA, BABY" might be teaming up with either Shotzi or Shayna Baszler. 

All of this came from the latest Observer Newsletter (from WrestlingInc). 

WWE loves their multi-person match so much, I'm surprised they didn't bring the fatal four-way PPV again. 

Here's hoping Vinnie Mac doesn't change the script hours before this year's Wrestlemania. 

An Update On MVP's Injury. 

I've talked about MVP's injury all the way back in February of this year and guess what? 

Montel himself has an update on his injury in an interview with Ryan Dunne's Wrestling With Freddie podcast (from WrestlingInc): 

"Right now, going through my physical – I guess, physical assessment, to get cleared to get back in the ring because, you know, I had that knee injury for a while. It’s all healed up, so now it’s just a matter of me jumping through their hoops to make sure that I’m physically capable of performing in the ring. So, I’m feeling good, man.

“The knee injury, the torn meniscus is completely healed, and now it’s just a matter of rebuilding the strength in the leg from my atrophy muscle. My teardrop is gone, non-existent. I’m building that back up, and my cardio, my cardio is much better than I thought it would be because I actually hired a trainer and I’ve been working on it. So, I’m further along than I thought I would be.”

Jeff Hardy Comments On His AEW Debut, "It Was Great". 

Brother Nero made his AEW debut by saving his brother from external forces for the millionth time. 

The cliche doesn't matter here because we're all glad to see the man. He discusses his first appearance on the elite brand in a QnA with Signed By Superstars (from Fightful): 

"It was great. It's always nerve-racking to appear in a new world. After I went out there and felt the energy of the people. It felt extremely right,"

Peter Dune Now BUTCH!? WHY!? 

OI BRUF! THE BUTCH IS COMING FOR YA, MATE! 

To summarize what Fightful Selectrinos has reported regarding the situation (again, shout out to WrestlingInc), the change of Pete Dunne's name "caused frustration" backstage by the folks who know about it and how "something dumb" was planned on the blue brand that day. 

And Wala! That dumba** name was born. 

Quick Thoughts On Smackdown Yesterday.

My thoughts? It was kinda there just like every Smackdown show over the past several months. 

But, at least I learned today that Paul Heyman can run faster than Brocky Brock so yeah. 


What do you think about the news I just reported and follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy? Anyways, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...