Skip to main content

WWE RAW 24/1/22 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW had the "it's not bad" type of episode this week. That's it. That's my take on the red white ropes brand. 

Kid Brock Looking Like A Cowboy, Baby! 

Massive apologizes for that headline above that is referring to a man that appreciates his "southern heritage". 

This opening act was an actual weigh-in for both men. The WWE champion also weighs in on how Bob isn't walking out of the Royal as a 2-time champion because Bobby WHO!? 

I enjoyed the way Paul allows Brook Laser to embrace his antics by letting the big man talk. It's actually a fresh way to spice up Heyman and Lesnar's overall chemistry. 

Bianca Belair vs Queen Zelina Vega. 

Why has this match lasted for more than a minute? I have no idea since Belair could've easily defeated one half of the women's tag champion with ease. 

At least the EST won the match with the KOD so that does it, I guess? 

Kevin Owens vs Damian Priest For The United States Championship. 

Finally, some good f**king professional wrestling match! 

Despite some moments of struggle from Priest, the former North American championship managed to retain the championship…….. in a DQ finish.

WWE loves their DQs more than AJ Styles based on that damn commercial almost 2 years ago. 

Rhea Ripley, Dana Brooke And Liv Morgan vs Carmella, Tamina And Nikki A.S.H 

Corey Graves be slandering Bryon Saxton probably because he's happy with being "blacker than Bryon" (which is really the top 3 most nonsensical things I've ever heard in my 22 years of existence). 

The match was forgettable. Rhea Ripley led her team to victory which was followed by a sneak attack by Scottish Homelander? Cool, I guess. 

R K The Bee: Alpha Competition. 

If you can't tell already, this was a spelling bee. Disappointed that they didn't get to spell "iridocyclitis" just for the giggles but whatever. 

The segment was WWE's way of showcasing one of their signature tropes, their lame sense of humour because I thought this was pretty mediocre in my opinion.  

The scene led to a singles match between Randal and Chaddy which saw Pedro Pascal looking mofo hitting the RKO onto Chad Gable to win the match. 

Just when I thought I was done with the BS, we're getting a scooting race scene planned for next week. F**k yes, dude! So excited. 


The "if I can fix her" line was a segment" continues as Alexa Bliss talked about her history with Lily. Meh. 

Austin Theory vs AJ Styles. 

The match was aight. Styles hits the phenomenal forearm to prevail in this encounter. 

On one hand, losing to AJ Styles isn't a bad thing. After all, he is an OG in this business, right? 

On the other hand, once you found out that you lost to a flat earther, that is when your perception has lost into the deepest of the ocean. 

I mean, it is laughable to state that Theory had a perception in the first place but that's a different story. 


Doudrop, like me, is sick of the Beckys out there by trying to beat the hell out of the RAW women's champion that is named Becky Lynch. Now that's what you call a white ally! Keep it up. 

The Street Profits vs Rey And Dominik Mysterio. 

A decent tag team bout.  The win from the Mysterios led to everybody pretending that it's the Royal Rumble match. Cool. 


Seth Rollins is like, "imma show up this Friday on Smackdown". I mean, I too want to leave Monday Night RAW (out of my consciousness for most weeks). 

And the final segment of the evening goes to Edge and his wife, Beth Phoenix, tearing up Miz's celebration with Maryse. It's not bad but that's being said, I still don't care about any of this.

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: The opening segment, Kevin Owens vs Damian Priest 

Didn't like: SHUT THE F**K UP, COREY, The spelling bee segment. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide On How To Improve Wrestling Criticism.

Now, before you all verbally eat me alive like a hippopotamus (yes hippos eat humans, look that up), understand that I’m just an average dude writing about pro wrestling and doesn’t claim to be an expert in anything and that includes professional wrestling (except cooking. I’m damn good at cooking).  However, what I’ve been discovering as a pro wrestling blogger for over a year is that there are some wrestling criticism out there that just make me wanna scratch my head to the point where my hands turn into an electric shaver if that makes sense. For instance, “Why is Ricochet’s trunks red instead of white?” or “Why’s Andrade wearing his Luchador mask for his entrance every week?”  In other words, they’re nitpicking and trust me I do that ALL THE TIME in my wrestling reviews. There’s nothing wrong with nitpicking certain things but the difference is that I acknowledge that I’m nitpicking and those guys clearly don’t.  There are fans out there on the interweb that b...

The 5 News Week Look-Back: Batista's Match With Triple H At Wrestlemania 35 Supposed To Be A Hell In A Cell!?, A Look Back At Eric Bischoff's Role As Executive Director.

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 News Week where I usually report on the 5 major or minor news of the week but I'm not doing that here if you can't tell from the graphic I made (you're welcome, by the way).  But Rather, all throughout December, I'm going to look back at some of the news that came out in 2019. The start of a new decade is going to be upon us in the coming days and that can be exciting especially for the future of the wrestling business as a whole. I hope you guys celebrate the new year's day and of course, drink responsibly.  Fans Frustration Over The Booking Of The Main Roster Women's Division.  I wrote an article earlier this year about why women's wrestling in world wrestling entertainment of the year 2018 was great (which you can click here to read the whole thing).  However, it seems like the year after (2019) was the exact opposite. Now, they did rebound the quality of storytelling in the women's div...

Top 7 Best NXT Takeover Theme Songs.

Everbody likes to put on some good music. You like good music. Your friends and family like good music. However, what makes a song good is completely subjective but in my opinion, NXT are nailing it with their takeover theme songs and I'm ranking them on a glorified subjective form of content and that is list videos/articles or in my case a top seven list. Without further ado, Here are my top seven best NXT takeover theme songs.  7. Serpents by Neck Deep   The reason why I like this song so much is that   it gives me some early 2000s punk rock which by listening to this song, it feels like they're paying a homage to that era. overall a good listen that depending on how old you are will give a nostalgic feel like I did.  6. Ace Of Spades by  Motörhead Now, l like me some Motörhead. Triple H's current theme and the evolution theme song is some of my favourite theme music of all time and this is no exception. The only critique I have for this song ...