Skip to main content

WWE NXT 2.0 16/11/21 | A Coherent Review.

I haven't reviewed NXT in two weeks and holy crap, I didn't miss much at all. 

This week's show was BO. RING and I'm trying to make this interesting by adding my lame a** humour and you know you f'd up when I have to rely on my jokes to make this week's NXT discussion somewhat engaging. 

Images via WWE.com 

Tony D'Angelo vs Dexter Lumis. 


The scary white man vs The spicy white man. WHO WILL SURVIVE!? 

The answer is my favourite POC wrestler currently, Tony D'Angelo (that joke will never get old). 

Johnny Gargano came to check on Dexter Lumis after Camelo Hayes and Trick Williams destroyed Lumis' hand. 

Minutes later, all three guys in Dunne, Gargano and Hayes announced a triple threat match for the North American championship. 

Should be a good match, is all I'm going to say about that. 

Odyssey Jones And Jacket Time vs The Diamond Mine. 


First off, Jacket time isn't a good tag team name. It sounds like me as a 5-year-old after wearing a long black leather coat. 

Before this match took place, Joe Gacy wanted to offer his assistance of some sort with the Diamond Mine. Dave Meltzer once called Joe Gacy's character, "a woke gimmick". Just wanted to point that out. 

All lame banter aside, the match was okay. Odyssey Jones scored the victory for his team by pinning the cruiserweight champion. Eh. 


LA Knight continues to talk about his disdain with Grayson Waller. Cool.  

Cameron Grimes And Duke Hudson Poker Face-off. 


Apparently, Duke can't read Grimes, can't read Grimes no, he can't read Grimes' poker face because Cameron got Duke like nobody. 

Oh, and Duke kicked Grimes out of frustration. I mean, I once watched a rivalry over spilled coffee so what could go wrong with this feud? Probably nothing because I don't care about this entire thing. 

Andre Chase vs Xyon Quinn. 


After Quinn's victory over Andre Chase, Quinn took a beating from Legado De La Fantasma due to Quinn's rejection of joining the group I suppose because like I said in the opening piece, I haven't watched an NXT episode since the last time I reviewed the show two week back. 

Kyle O'Reilly And Von Wagner vs Josh Briggs And Brooks Jensen. 

This was aight. Von Wagner aka a bad recasting of Hangman Adam Page, led his tag team partner to victory. 

O'Reilly is trying to relive his good old days of being in a tag team once again but Von Wagner isn't the guy I pictured when I think of Bobby Fish. 

Now thinking about it, I kinda feel sorry for that white dude. 


Grayson Waller spilled the tea with Lash Legend, saying that likes, followers and engagement matters more than the "boyhood dream". Well, the "likes, followers and engagement matter more" the statement explains the existence of @90sWWE. 

Persia Pirotta vs Gabby Stephens And Jenna Levy. 

Pirotta's impressive in-ring skills were the highlight of a yawn-inducing NXT 2.0. Pirotta wins here. 


When Msk were at an airport trying to find their "shaman", I first assumed that they were joining Lince Dorado in beating the sh*t out of Cody Starbuck but I was clearly wrong (or AM I??). 

Dakota Kai vs Raquel Gonzalez. 


The match ended via a DQ because Toxic Attraction gave a stomping on Gonzalez. That led to all-out chaos between Toxic Attraction, Dakota Kai, Cora Jade and Io Shirai. 

And you know what that means? A double steel cage match. Oh, I meant War Games and I've never felt this sense of disappointment quite like hearing the word "War Games". It's extra disappointing that my man Willy Re didn't shout "War Games". 


And the final segment goes to Tommaso Ciampa's promo that sounded like your uncle uttering the word "hipster" with anything new. 

By the time this scene was done, I legit fell asleep for 3 hours. NXT is Wednesday Night RAW minus Corey Graves. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Persia Pirotta is kinda good in the ring? 

Didn't like: doesn't it count when I say pretty much everything? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...