Skip to main content

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess. 

Images via WWE.com 

Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest. 


Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer. 

My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?" 

Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white". 

Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi). 

Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE creative. 


Doudrop wanted to keep the name (sigh) and she took a beating from Eva Marie. Why WWE? Is the name "Piper Niven" too scary for you like f**king Beetlejuice? 

Karrion Kross vs Ricochet. 


Kross' new entrance gear is one big WTF. The dude looks like he has a fetish for being tortured.  

Kross wins with the sleeper hold. 


24/7 championship shenanigans happened near an ice cream truck between Reggie, Akira Tozawa and R Truth. Retire the belt, already! 

Moist TV. Special Guest, Logan Paul. 


Logan Paul got so much heel heat, MJF would be jealous. 

Mizzie interrupts Morrison's talk and is bothered with the way Johnny Drip Drip presented him. Further teasing the turn. 

Well, the teasing is no more! Miz's loss to Xavier Woods, led to a beating to Morrison and after the segment had aired, Johnny wanted that son of a gun out.

I had to make sure this isn't a 2011 episode of Monday Night RAW.

All jokes aside, It's nice to see a no BS side from John Morrison. I feel like the way his comedy was presented is a bit too much. 

In other words, I actually like the turn from Miz. It's almost as if both guys benefit from being apart than together, ya know what I'm saying? 

Mansoor vs Jinder Mahal. 


Jinder Mahal's constant stomp on Mansoor is what led to the match ending in a disqualification. 

Mustafa Ali told Mansoor that either Ali does it Mansoor's way or Ali's way! 

I've been liking this "tough love" character and the "hopeful" dynamic from this team for weeks now. This tag-team has excellent chemistry thanks to its mixing of both opposite character traits. 

Charlotte Flair Was Like, "I've Won More Major Titles Than The English Team, Arsenal". 

I know she didn't say that but that statement is pure facts, unfortunately. 

Charlotte Flair was glowing about herself because she's s heel. 

Until, she got a verbal message from "there'll be carnage but also smiley faces" Alexa Bliss alongside her doll, Lily. A doll so ugly, Connor from the TV show, Angel, finds it adorable. 

Get ready, people. The goofy voodoo sh*t is in the title picture and I couldn't care less about it. 


More vague vignettes from Elias have aired and I'm curious to see how "the new Elias" is being presented on TV. 

Rhea Ripley And Nikki A.S.H vs Nia Jax And Shayna Baszler. 


Am I insane or did I remember that Jax and Baszler split up as a duo? 

The good guys win here with the riptide on Shayna Baszler. 

Riddle vs AJ Styles.


Before this match took place, Riddal gave Randy a scooter. Meh. 

The match itself was decent. Riddle prevailed with the broderick. 

It's cool to see the tag team champions or the tag team championship being in the main event scene of the episode even though I'm not a fan of the whole "RKBRO" act. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Miz's turn on John Morrison, the RAW tag team title scene main evented an episode.  

Didn't like: "Torture fetish" Karrion Kross. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...