Skip to main content

WWE NXT 27/7/21 | A Coherent Review.

NXT this week was a good show. It's just that it isn't as good as the previous ones. 

Images via WWE.com

Samoa Joe Requested 3 Things From William Regal. 


In this segment, Samoa Joe was like, "Regal, sign these 3 contracts. One, I leave NXT management. Two, I join the NXT roster once again and three, I face Karrion Kross for the NXT championship at NXT Takeover: 36". 

And the GM replied with a, "fine". I mean, this is an outcome that pretty much everyone saw coming and I'm fine with it. 

Joe coming back to the squared circle is probably the most intriguing part about this whole thing. 

In other words, Karrion Kross is getting a demotion in officially joining the main roster after Takeover: 36.

Tommaso Ciampa And Timothy Thatcher vs Pete Dunne And Oney Lorcan. 


A fine match for what it was. The bad guys picked up the clean victory to which the returning Ridge Holland showed up and literally took out both Ciampa and Thatcher with a shoulder tackle like it's WWE All-Stars. 

Am I the only one who forgot Ridge Holland was even a part of the main NXT roster for a second? 

Carmelo Hayes vs Josh Briggs. NXT Breakout Tournament First Round. 

Bit by bit, Carmelo Hayes is getting better in the ring. The dude is so darn good. 

Hayes advances in the ring. 

Dakota Kai Betrays Her Ally, Raquel Gonzalez. 


The headline above pretty much explained the gist of the segment. I've said this time and time again. 

If I was a pro wrestler in WWE, I would never join a tag team because at any minute, my partner would pull a Wesley from Angel season 3. 

While I don't hate the idea of the rivalry, I wish they would've gone about it in a different way like a friendly exhibition for the championship instead of the typical "best friends now bitter rivals" cliche, especially since we're seeing this exact device for Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole. 

It's an effective story trope if done right. I just wished that NXT played it differently here. 


In a backstage segment, Zoey Stark wanted Io Shirai to have some fun. 

Hey, I want some of the fun too. 

Franky Monet And Jessi Kamea vs Kacy Catanzaro And Kayden Carter. 


Even the newcomer of the NXT roster in Franky Monet, isn't immune to the distraction finish which is how Catanzaro and Carter won the match. 

Well, that was lame. 


Malcolm Bivens and Roderick Strong revealed the story behind the formation of the Diamond Mine in a sit-down interview with Wade Barret. Bivens spoke like a true capitalist when he said, "whoever said that money can't buy happiness, guess what? You're a liar and damn sure broke". 

Bivens is so good, it's honestly obvious to say so. 

Indi Hartwell suggested a match between Johnny Gargano and Dexter Lumis and if the big man wins then Lumis joins "the family". However, if Lumis takes an L then Indi Hartwell stays away from the so-called "creep". 

I've never wanted someone (Dexter Lumis) to win a match so badly. 


Cameron Grimes messes with LA Knight once again and this time, Grimes messes with the million-dollar champion in the white man's sport, golf. 

The segment featured a competitive Grizzled Young Veterans who wanted to beat LA Knight and Cameron Grimes in golf. 

Funny sh*te. 

Hit Row vs Imperium. 


After Imperium defeated Hit Row, Santos Escobar and the rest of Legado De La Fantasma, gave members of Hit Row a beating. It was aight, I guess. 

Bronson Reed vs Adam Cole. 


A good main event encounter is all I'm going to say. 

Adam Cole wins with the last shot to which the former NXT champion took a BEATING from Kyle O'Reilly. O'Reilly did not hesitate whatsoever. 

I am hoping their rubber match is the last encounter for at least a while because y'all know how WWE approaches their rematches. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Bronson Reed vs Adam Cole, Cameron Grimes LA Knight and Grizzled Young Veterans golf segment, Malcolm Bivens is really good and so is Carmelo Hayes. 

Didn't like: the turn from Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez felt a lottery underwhelming, Franky Monet gets the distraction ending. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 23/11/20 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW this week felt like 7 hours instead of 3 hours because this show was a snooze fest.  There were a few good moments but for the most part, I was bored as f**k watching this episode.  Images via WWE.com This Segment Bruh…  To put it simply, the segment was straight up dogsh*t.  Pretty much all of the competitors in the RAW Survivor Series men's team stated their reason as to why they deserve a WWE title opportunity (with jokes from Riddle cornier than any Nick Cannon's comedy sketch).  Then, Braun Strowman attacked Adam Pearce because Braun was bothered by Adam Pearce saying, "last but not least" to him. Whyee?  That attack from Strowman made him look so stupid.  You (Braun) would've had a slight chance to face Drew for the WWE championship so why attack the guy?  The New Day vs Shelton Benjamin And Cedric Alexander For The RAW Tag Team Championship.  Moving on from something that is actually slightly worst?  I would be co...

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...