Skip to main content

WWE Smackdown 19/2/21 | A Coherent Review.

Have you ever watched a show that is 2 hours long but it feels like 20 minutes? 

Because that is how I felt when I watched this week's episode of Smackdown. What a good 2 hours of programming. 

Images via WWE.com

Does Edge Finally Choose His Championship Match At Wrestlemania!? 

Well, he was about to until Roman Reigns showed and Edge talked some sense into the tribal chief. 

Out came Sami Zayn and he was talking a LOT about being THE main event and the response he got was a superkick from Jey Uso. 

The segment wasn't really noteworthy other than the fact that Edge is definitely THE opponent for Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania  (no f'ing sh*t, Omar).

Apollo Crews vs Shinsuke Nakamura. 

Apollo Crews and Shinsuke Nakamura? Now, THAT is a match right there. 

Apollo was talking mad sh*t about how he's from Nigerian royalty and if Big E spoke to him like that to his family, his throat is cut.  

Shinsuke won but Apollo Crews absolutely had enough. Crews attacked Big E and Nakamura with the steel steps. 

Apollo's motivation made sense. One of his old promos was him talking about how he wants to be a champion. 

In other words, LET'S GOOOOOOOO!  

I wish that Michael Cole would channel his 2003 self and curse at Crews on commentary but I'm just nitpicking. 

Seth Rollins reacted to the scene, saying that it's a tragedy and "sympathies" with Big E because he's been betrayed by every single person on the SmackDown roster. 

Rollins with anger in his eyes, calls Cesaro a "loser" for ruining his homecoming return. 

Look, if this is a way to feud with Cesaro and then have the Swiss himself take the big W at the end, then I'm all for it. 


Kevin Owens and Edge had a verbal interaction regarding Roman Reigns and the universal championship. 

Thumbs up on the staredown alone. 

The Riott Squad vs Natalya And Tamina. 

Thanks to Billie Kay, Natalya and Tamina win the match. 

Kay wanted to join Natalya and Tamina however, Billie Kay took a superkick from Tamina. 

Tamina really showed her athletism that didn't know she had in the first place. 

Haven't seen Tamina looking this good in the ring in like forever now? 


King Corbin was flexing on Edge and Edge basically called Corbin dumb for spending a gazillion dollars on a watch even though he can check the time using his phone. 

The Rated R superstar has a point. 

Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair and Carmella's Sommelier Reggie vs Bayley, Nia Jax And Shayna Baszler. 

How did this match come about? Bayley hosted her "Ding Dong, Hello" talk show with her guests, Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler. 

The tag team champs were talking sh*t about Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair. Reggie showed up and he spoke highly of Banks and Belair (I know that is not what WWE calls the guy but I thought it was funny so Reggie it is).

Speaking of both women, they came out and Reggie had an idea of a match between himself, Banks, Belair, Jax, Baszler and Bayley (segment itself was one big meh). 

And the guy that made the 6 women tag match, led his team to victory, pinning one half of the women's tag team champions, Nia Jax. 

I can tell that the fine folks over at world wrestling entertainment do not give a damn about the women's tag team championship just by that pin alone. 

Cesaro told Edge in a backstage segment that once he wins the Chamber match and the universal championship, he'll see Edge at Wrestlemania. 

Fantastic  (and no, that wasn't my dry sarcasm talking). 

Rey And Dominik Mysterio vs Chad Gable And Otis. 

Did Otis just turn heel because he got himself DQ'ed because of a series of splashes by Otis? 

This is an odd guy for Otis to turn to the dark side of all people. 

Edge told Daniel Bryan in a backstage segment that he was inspired by Bryan to get his wrestling career back (that was a great moment). 

Carmella understood Reggie to which she poured the wine drink on Reggie's face and told him to get him a good one.

Well, damn. 

Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens And Cesaro vs Sami Zayn, King Corbin And Jey Uso. 

Daniel Bryan And Cesaro played off the history of Kevin Owens' turning on his friends before the match (Bryan even referenced Chris Jericho without mentioning his name which I thought was great).

The good guys won but then, a brawl ensued that led to Roman Reigns hitting the spear on Edge to end this week's episode of Smackdown. 

A decent bout is all I'll say. 

So, to recap for all of you slow mofos. 

Like: Edge backstage interactions, Apollo Crews heel turn, Tamina's in-ring work. 

Didn't like: Reggie pinning the women's tag team champions shows that the division needs a lot of care put into it. 

Sound off in the comments below on what do you think about this week's episode of Friday Night Smackdown? Follow the blog for honest pro wrestling opinions as well my Twitter @omartheplayaguy and my Facebook page Playard Wrestling Post. As Always, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

WWE RAW 23/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Monday Night RAW yesterday didn't piss me off so that's nice, I guess.  Images via WWE.com   Bobby Lashley Confronted By Damian Priest.  Damian Priest was like, "You're a coward for relentlessly damaging Goldberg's arm and I want to challenge you for a match" and a pissed off Bobby Lashley accepted the offer.  My thoughts after watching the segment  was, "Damian's losing clean, right?"  Well, I was wrong. The match ended via a DQ due to an attack from Sheamus aka the man that was once called "the great white".  Priest got some help from Drew McIntyre. With McIntyre, Sheamus and Bobby Lashley being in the same segment, it's almost like a blast from the past if you're a zoomer that thinks 6 months ago is like 10 years ago (moi).  Of course, a tag team match happened and the babyfaces won the encounter with the claymore to Sheamus. I wasn't offended watching all of this unfold and I feel like that's asking too much from WWE...

WWE Royal Rumble 2021 | A Coherent Review.

I know it's something you've heard a gazillion times but it's true.  We are on the road to Wrestlemania which is f'ing crazy to think about.  While this year's Royal Rumble PPV had its moments, the show as a whole was just fine.  By the way, the show was almost 4 hours but it felt like 2.  As usual, I can't talk about the women's tag team title match at the pre-show simply because I've not seen it.  Images via WWE.com Drew McIntyre vs Goldberg For The WWE Championship.  When Goldberg hits the jackhammer, I almost had a heart attack but thank God the Scotsmen kicked out.   Oh, and Drew McIntyre won the match in a meh opening match that was shorter than the Immortals Fenix Rising demo (the most specific reference I've ever made).  They showed some respect after the match.  At least Drew McIntyre won, right?  Sasha Banks vs Carmella For The SmackDown Women's Championship.  Carmella almost killed herself with that sick looking suic...