Skip to main content

WWE RAW 8/2/21 | A Somewhat Coherent Review.

I didn't hate last week's episode. This week? Well, I definitely hated it because it, like the majority of the RAW shows, lacked consequences and most importantly, interest. 

So, I'm doing a half-a** review. 

Images via WWE.com

The Elimination Chamber Announcement. 

The announcement from Shane McMahon at the beginning of the program (which honestly was a waste of an appearance) with the participants in the match all being former world champions, reminded me of when the company pulled the same stunt of "participants as former world champions" for the 2012 Money In The Bank ladder match for the WWE championship. 

I didn't like it then and I damn sure didn't like it now. 

If they wrote in qualifying matches for the traditional Survivor Series match 4 or so months ago, then why not for the Elimination Chamber? 

I was a fan of Sheamus' heel turn last week but after this announcement, I feel like the turn should've happened after the chamber show and not before it. 

The Elimination Chamber match, in my opinion, will either distract the feud between Drew and Sheamus or the feud will overshadow the Chamber match itself. 

I would argue that it should've been a one on one match between Drew McIntyre and Sheamus and instead have Roman Reigns defend the universal title inside the Elimination Chamber structure (they might announce that chamber match this Friday so who knows?). 

This Match. 

This match sucked. This feud sucks and God, I hope they do not give the RAW women's title to Lacey Evans once she faces Asuka. 

*sigh* Drew McIntyre vs Randy Orton. 

I was surprised that Alexa Bliss didn't show up given how the match between Edge and Orton ended. 

Can both guys not face each other for at least several months to a year? 

At least I have a few positives like. 

That Edge promo after The Miz and John Morrison showed up. 

I can't believe I'm saying this but I've been more engaged with whatever The Miz and John Morrison are doing but that's mainly because they're interacting with Damian Priest and everybody's favourite, Bad Bunny. 

The New Day vs Retribution was a good one. Nia Jax shouting "MY HOLE!" during her match with Lana. 

But, it's the same old Monday Night RAW, am I right? 


What do you guys think about this episode of RAW? Sound off in the comments below. Follow me on the tweets @omartheplayaguy and follow this very blog for honest pro wrestling opinions. Anyway, stay safe smarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE RAW 16/8/21 | A Coherent Review.

Another week, another L for the red brand in terms of overall quality. And they do not need that L considering that it's the final show before this year's SummerSlam event.  Images via WWE.com   Randal Keith Orton And Riddal Are Back Together?  Randy explained his actions last week, stating that he simply doesn't owe anyone an explanation because he's Randy Orton (okay?).  Out came the most obnoxious person in Riddle and he wanted RKBRO to reunite. Styles showed up to hype up his big goof in Omos.  That RKO last week was as confusing as the thought of Jupiter Ascending being a "good movie".    The question is, did the band realigned themselves once again?  The answer was a soft no if you stopped watching the show after the Riddle and AJ Styles match (I don't blame ANYONE that stops watching Monday Night RAW).  However, that became a solid yes after Randy's bout with Omos. Am I the only one that feels kinda mid about this?  It's not terri...

My Coherent Wrestling Wednesdays: Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow In A Steel Cage, Bianca Belair Calling Out Charlotte Flair.

For the second week in a row, All Elite Wrestling has knocked it out of the park in their premier pro wrestling show while NXT is cooling off the steam creatively that is Takeover: Portland. Hopefully, the yellow brand picks back up next week.  NXT       Highlights.  Broserweights vs Oney Lorcan And Danny Burch.  That dialogue when Riddle said that they partied so hard in Portland that Pete Dunne failed the wellness policy was hilarious. The champions are immediately getting back to work after that great performance this past Sunday.  Also, this is the return of Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan so it's great to see those guys. The champions are still strong thanks to that knee strike from Riddle to win this match. A good match indeed.  Chelsea Green vs Kayden Carter.  The reason why I put this in my highlights is not because of the match but rather Bianca Belair showing up and challenging Charlotte Flair saying that...

The 5 News Week: WWE Hitting The Road Once Again!?

Hello, my fellow wrestling fans and welcome to the 5 news week. The post where I report 5 major or minor news of the week that I don't have time to do it separately. Without further ado, here are the 5 news week.   Some Images via WWE.com Johnny Ace Back On Being The Talent Relations For WWE.  John Laurinaitis returning as the talent relations for world wrestling entertainment aka big f**king yikes.  From F4WOnline and Dave Meltzer , Johnny is *sigh* back on the talent relations side of WWE and will be reporting to WWE's executive vice president of operations, Brad Blum.  The article did go on to mention that the talent relations side division has been split into "talent management and talent branding".  Fightful select has some additional information on this story about the backstage reaction of the news and pretty much, some of the talents weren't too happy with the news.  Keep in mind that WWE hasn't officially confirmed this news.  I don't ne...